Step 1 Sole Source Began yesterday... journey of a desperate woman :)

There is something there about examining our childhood beliefs and experiences and working out whether they are a good fit for adulthood......I often think about a friend I used to have that was thin and attractive and I often thought of her as being really selfish....she always had to control where we ate and what she was prepared to eat and drink.......I don't think I would experience her as selfish now as I think she just made sure that her needs were being met...we create conditions and an environment that props up our over eating and I think you have to do the same to become and maintain being thin.......including practices around food that don't help us be who we need to become........ there endeth the lesson for today...lol......if I had all the answers I would be thin......and not on a VLCD.....lol...

It is a good lesson though. And I think there are so many people who just complain about their weight, and do nothing. At least we've started the journey and you've nearly come to the end of yours.

i am i have my 1st weighin tonight i broke on sunday had some chicken and veg but only small portion im back on track now!!

I just find it so hard at lunch time i was nearly on the end of my friends panini at 1 stage!!

Im trying to stay focus i am finding it hard!! Never new how much i think about food its so strange!!

Hello Jakki,

How did the weight in go? Hope you are feeling motivated and fired up with the wonderful loss you're seeing.

It is hard. I give in lots of times, but more often that not, I hang in there and it is showing. I do feel so much better now that I've dropped two dress sizes.

Hi jakki,cakeordeath and kitty,
It is great reading how you all feel to know I am not the only one. It's very hard but got to think it will be so worth it in the long run!

Jakki what about doing ss+ with the small meal. Everything I have read and heard says that doesn't impact the weight loss.

I am with you kitty on the water front I need to up my game with that.

Cakeordeath you seem to do so fantastic and be very strong and motivated-go you!!

X

We are all in this boat because we like food - so it is understandable when we are not eating that we think a lot about it.

I cook for my OH all the time, and since we are going away on Friday I've been cooking more than usual to take with us. So it is really hard. But, now that I've lost weight, I feel so much more confident about seeing people at the family party. I don't think I'd be looking forward to it so much if I was still what I was at the start of this year.

It's not easy for the first week and then you sort of get used to it and live a bit differently....it won't work if you can't adapt to not eating what every one is.....bug you are guaranteed big losses very quickly so I am happy to go with it for a time.....

I'm all for staying to plan. I just seem to fail too often. But, today wasn't too drastically horrible and hopefully tomorrow, Thursday and Friday will be really good for me since the big party is on Saturday :) Looking forward to it.

Right all - good night. Speak to you all tomorrow :)

Hi Kitty and cake and Co!

Just had catch up on thread. Kitty, ur doing really well chick. Don't seem to be nibbling like you used to do! Keep up the good work :)

I'm back at day 3. Took me ages to be 100%. Now back at work, so it will be easier. New job is great. Had an active team building day last week (canoeing, abseiling, climbing, archery, orienteering etc) enjoyed it but wished I was a lot trimmer. Especially when I had to practically hug a male colleague whilst we were both balanced on top of a tower of about 8 milk crates. Nearly died of embarrassment with the thought of him feeling my rolls! That gave me motivation to stick to plan.

Hope you are all winning :)

Restarted CD 31 Aug
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Hello Forever

Sounds like you have had exciting times.......we never go on teambuilding days like that......if we did it would be carnage....lol..... you are right back in the swing of things......

Hello Forever

Sounds like you have had exciting times.......we never go on teambuilding days like that......if we did it would be carnage....lol..... you are right back in the swing of things......

Hi Kitty and cake and Co!

Just had catch up on thread. Kitty, ur doing really well chick. Don't seem to be nibbling like you used to do! Keep up the good work :)

I'm back at day 3. Took me ages to be 100%. Now back at work, so it will be easier. New job is great. Had an active team building day last week (canoeing, abseiling, climbing, archery, orienteering etc) enjoyed it but wished I was a lot trimmer. Especially when I had to practically hug a male colleague whilst we were both balanced on top of a tower of about 8 milk crates. Nearly died of embarrassment with the thought of him feeling my rolls! That gave me motivation to stick to plan.

Hope you are all winning :)

Restarted CD 31 Aug
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Good morning Forever. Well you''re doing really well to be back in the game and staying 100%. I've decided that this is going to be me until Saturday. Even if it hurts and I feel dreadful. Must stop being a wimp and take control.

Go us!

Hello Forever

Hello Cake, Forever, all,

I've never been to one of those team-building events. I think they sound fun.

I feel a lot more positive today. I've been reading some of my older posts and I really was being 100% before so there's no excuse for me not doing it now. So from today, I shall be super good and will record every infraction - that will force me to feel embarrassed and therefore stick to plan :) I exhort you to tell me off!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
I think that if your head is in the right place you can do it.......I can't tell you off though....you are too sweet....lol.....

No, no, please tell me off. :) It is good for me. It'll stop me just letting days go by without me being strong and on the ball about this.

Hi everyone, thanks for the encouraging words. I had my weigh in & now I am officially at the 2.5 stone mark. 2 stone to Go until target!! I'm 5 foot 11 & now weighing in the 14s. I feel & look so much better. Saying all that I came home from weigh in & decided to have my first ever proper 'cheat night'. I got this idea from a friend who has successfully completed the journey we are all desperately trying to do & now someone who looks absolutely incredible!! She said she had a cheat night to aim towards every now & again & so I thought...I'm half way through the first 12 weeks & I've lost a good amount of weight. And although I shouldn't have, I treated myself!!! I had a few snacks....and got very full very quickly (most of it is now sitting in the cupboard). I also really enjoyed some fruit!!!

I don't feel bad because I so desperately needed it. And if you like, a 'reward' for coming this far. I feel full for the first time in a long time. Can't say it's all that pleasant. But I feel ready to tackle the next stone!! I'm going to take it one day at a time!!

I'm honestly surprised how little food I could stomach!! I'm not encouraging you all to do it but here's to now having the strength to keep going without throwing the towel in completely!!!

Nicola x

Hi everyone, thanks for the encouraging words. I had my weigh in & now I am officially at the 2.5 stone mark. 2 stone to Go until target!! I'm 5 foot 11 & now weighing in the 14s. I feel & look so much better. Saying all that I came home from weigh in & decided to have my first ever proper 'cheat night'. I got this idea from a friend who has successfully completed the journey we are all desperately trying to do & now someone who looks absolutely incredible!! She said she had a cheat night to aim towards every now & again & so I thought...I'm half way through the first 12 weeks & I've lost a good amount of weight. And although I shouldn't have, I treated myself!!! I had a few snacks....and got very full very quickly (most of it is now sitting in the cupboard). I also really enjoyed some fruit!!!

I don't feel bad because I so desperately needed it. And if you like, a 'reward' for coming this far. I feel full for the first time in a long time. Can't say it's all that pleasant. But I feel ready to tackle the next stone!! I'm going to take it one day at a time!!

I'm honestly surprised how little food I could stomach!! I'm not encouraging you all to do it but here's to now having the strength to keep going without throwing the towel in completely!!!

Nicola x

Hi Nicola,

I think that's a really good idea especially if you are 100% for a significant time between cheats. I've been doing too many cheats, that's my problem.

Good luck and very well done. You must be so pleased with your success. And you should be.

Thank you! Yes, having too many cheats is probably the risk!! How long have you been doing cambridge? I now feel fuelled & ready to tackle the next stint head on. I'm actually doing the Cambridge diet over in Australia. I'm originally from the UK but been here a year. There's less variety in flavours and products over here so the programme gets a bit tedious too!!

I AM going to do this though. I'm going to be my ideal weight and I will be healthy. We can do anything we put our minds to.

I am heading home for Christmas to see friends & family for the first time since I left England in June 2012. It will also be the first time I will see my family since I got engaged. I want to go home and try on beautiful dresses & feel wonderful that I finally achieved what I set out to do.

X

Back