Step 1 Sole Source Began yesterday... journey of a desperate woman :)

Well, okay, if we start from tomorrow and are 100% till the 7th, you can lose at least 1/2 stone. Come on. This sounds like a time for us to pull up our socks. I'll join you. We can do this. We managed a good week the last time.
I'm with you kitty.
Let's do this x

Well, okay, if we start from tomorrow and are 100% till the 7th, you can lose at least 1/2 stone. Come on. This sounds like a time for us to pull up our socks. I'll join you. We can do this. We managed a good week the last time.
I'm with you kitty.
Let's do this x

I'm with you kitty.
Let's do this x

Dearest Gemma,

I've not written in shame because I failed spectacularly over the weekend to do the VLCD. It was like someone else was in charge of my brain and stomach this past week. But today I've finally gotten back my will power and am back on the VLCD. I've been 100% so far today. Only had two meals, coffee, and water and I must confess I am struggling. But I am determined that I am going to get through today without cheating.

How are you holding on?

Good evening everyone,

So, today's been a really hard day, but I have made it to the end [nearly] and have stayed 100%. Feeling really pleased about it given the way I've been eating this past week.

I must admit though that drinking enough water is much harder in this miserable weather.

How are you all doing?

Dearest Gemma, I've not written in shame because I failed spectacularly over the weekend to do the VLCD. It was like someone else was in charge of my brain and stomach this past week. But today I've finally gotten back my will power and am back on the VLCD. I've been 100% so far today. Only had two meals, coffee, and water and I must confess I am struggling. But I am determined that I am going to get through today without cheating. How are you holding on?
Hi kitty, don't you dare feel shameful, we all have slip ups and this isn't an easy thing to do.
You know you can succeed as you have before and if things go off track we start again.
I'm ok thanks, getting a bit fed up of it to be honest, thinking I could lose weight with calorie counting if I really tried, but I'm carrying on, I've got my wi tomorrow so see how that goes but on my scales it's only 2 off.
Keep strong kitty x

Hi kitty, don't you dare feel shameful, we all have slip ups and this isn't an easy thing to do.
You know you can succeed as you have before and if things go off track we start again.
I'm ok thanks, getting a bit fed up of it to be honest, thinking I could lose weight with calorie counting if I really tried, but I'm carrying on, I've got my wi tomorrow so see how that goes but on my scales it's only 2 off.
Keep strong kitty x

Thanks Gemma.

I just feel bad that I am the one letting myself down. I keep telling myself it is only food, and that I can do without, but I can't stand the discomfort and the rumbling in my tummy and just give in. But I've stayed on course today and hope I manage to go to bed still being 100%.

2 lbs off is a good result. Well done. I hope it shows on the scales there too.

Thanks Gemma. I just feel bad that I am the one letting myself down. I keep telling myself it is only food, and that I can do without, but I can't stand the discomfort and the rumbling in my tummy and just give in. But I've stayed on course today and hope I manage to go to bed still being 100%. 2 lbs off is a good result. Well done. I hope it shows on the scales there too.
It is only food kitty but we need that stuff to survive.
I always think that other addicts have it easier to come of it as those things aren't needed to survive whereas people with weight problems have to keep having what causes there problem.( if that makes sense).
Well done for being 100% so far today.

It is only food kitty but we need that stuff to survive.
I always think that other addicts have it easier to come of it as those things aren't needed to survive whereas people with weight problems have to keep having what causes there problem.( if that makes sense).
Well done for being 100% so far today.

I agree. Other addictions can be removed completely from your life if you give it up - you can be pious about it and say, 'I don't drink', or 'I don't smoke' and everyone pats you on the head and says well done. It is impossible to do that with food, you can't just say, 'I don't eat any more.' Everyone then fusses and says, 'are you sure this is the right thing to do,' or 'is it safe' and so on and it just gets to be this big thing.

Anyway, enough of that. Feeling pleased. I hope I finish working on my writing early tonight so I can get to bed and stop thinking of food. Although, if I am really hungry, I'm just going to have an extra bar. Four meals instead of three, but still within the VLCD programme.

I agree. Other addictions can be removed completely from your life if you give it up - you can be pious about it and say, 'I don't drink', or 'I don't smoke' and everyone pats you on the head and says well done. It is impossible to do that with food, you can't just say, 'I don't eat any more.' Everyone then fusses and says, 'are you sure this is the right thing to do,' or 'is it safe' and so on and it just gets to be this big thing. Anyway, enough of that. Feeling pleased. I hope I finish working on my writing early tonight so I can get to bed and stop thinking of food. Although, if I am really hungry, I'm just going to have an extra bar. Four meals instead of three, but still within the VLCD programme.
An extra bar is better than being hungry and eating everything.
We can do it kitty.
Sleep well

An extra bar is better than being hungry and eating everything.
We can do it kitty.
Sleep well

You too my dear. Good night. So glad that its only been 4 meals but still 100%.

Good afternoon all,

So, as you know, yesterday was a really good day for me. Having a 100% day on a Monday really feels like an achievement. I feel like today is going to be easier because of it. So far I've had one chocolate orange bar, coffee and water and seem to be faring fine. If this continues, all will be well with today. I even managed to get to bed before midnight last night. Early night in my books :)

Tomorrow's going to be trickier though. I've got a day long meeting at university which most likely will mean at least lunch being out of my control. Shall take a bar or two with me and hope for the best.

Hope you're doing good.

Hello Gemma, Forever, all,

So Tuesday wasn't a good day for me in the end. Ate too much rubbish while working. But, Wednesday was excellent. I was a 100% and felt marvellous all day long.

Today's been good so far and since I've only had a bar as yet, I'm hopeful that I shall avoid the munchies and just get through the day with my 100% rating in tact.

How are you all doing?

Hello Gemma, Forever, all, So Tuesday wasn't a good day for me in the end. Ate too much rubbish while working. But, Wednesday was excellent. I was a 100% and felt marvellous all day long. Today's been good so far and since I've only had a bar as yet, I'm hopeful that I shall avoid the munchies and just get through the day with my 100% rating in tact. How are you all doing?
Hi kitty, well done for being a 100%
I've been totally off plan so I'm going to leave it now a week or two then I'll try again.
Hope you can keep being strong x

Hi kitty, well done for being a 100%
I've been totally off plan so I'm going to leave it now a week or two then I'll try again.
Hope you can keep being strong x

Well, I'll be here, still trying to get through the days :)

Today's not been too bad actually. Not 100% but not a complete rubbish day either. So feeling quietly optimistic. Think I will get out of the 12 stone zone this weekend if I am really careful. Can't wait.

Well, I'll be here, still trying to get through the days :) Today's not been too bad actually. Not 100% but not a complete rubbish day either. So feeling quietly optimistic. Think I will get out of the 12 stone zone this weekend if I am really careful. Can't wait.
Keep at it kitty, you'll get there in the end x

Hi I'm new I've just started today feeling abit poorly in all honesty, can anyone tell me if I can add my tea in part of my water intake and also I've been reading that the more you drink the more you shrink is this true ? Nas x

Hi I'm new I've just started today feeling abit poorly in all honesty, can anyone tell me if I can add my tea in part of my water intake and also I've been reading that the more you drink the more you shrink is this true ? Nas x

Hello,

Yes, the more you drink, the more you do shrink.

As for adding tea, yes, it counts. It is even better if it green tea. I use my coffee as part of the liquid requirement.

Hello everyone,

I'm getting there. Not been 100% since we had a birthday dinner to go to last night and my best friend came around for tea. But the rest of the time I'm being super strict, so hopefully, I am moving towards the goal.

How are you all?

Hello all,
I'm back on the straight and narrow today. 100% so far and planning on sticking to it for at least a week this time. I've thankfully not put on too much weight, just gone up 2lbs with all the eating out I've done over the weekend. Big sigh of relief there.
xxx

Back