Best bread?

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Has anyone got any bread recommendations?

I normally avoid the stuff as much as poss but really feel the odd slice here and there would be good.

I used to buy that nimble stuff but it's vile toasted!
I just checked the bread I have for everyone else in the house - Kingsmill everyday and it's 2.5 per slice, OUCH!!!!!

Does anyone know of any 'proper' bread that's lower in pp??

I last night discovered tat Kingsmill 50/50 is 2ppts per slice. I am happy to spend 2ppts on a proper slice as it is also 2ppts for the small ww white thick sliced.

I think it might work out that wholemeal bread may come out better simply cos of the fibre content?

x

Yeah I was thinking that.
Looks like I'll be spending ages in the bread aisle today with my iwatchr app!

I last night discovered tat Kingsmill 50/50 is 2ppts per slice. I am happy to spend 2ppts on a proper slice as it is also 2ppts for the small ww white thick sliced.

I think it might work out that wholemeal bread may come out better simply cos of the fibre content?

x

It came out as 5 for 2 slices on my calculator, boo!

Ah it possibly is 5 then. I only worked it out for 1 slice. Still pretty good though for full sized bread I think.

x

While on the subject of bread, do any of you find that if you eat a lot of bread it hinders your weight losses? I feel it does with me, I don't lose well if I eat too many carbs.

x

crustless is 1pp per slice or 3pp for the 2

I feel very bloated if I eat bread and the longer I am off it the worse it gets when I have some. It seems to make me retain water and when I have had some and then the day after I wee for England!
I do occasionally have a sandwich with ww bread but not very often

I eat bread all the time (like every day almost) I do try to go 1-2 days a week with out it but it doesn't always work.

I lost 2.5 lbs when I got weighed on Wednesday and was really pleased.

I don't think bread (for me) makes much of a difference, maybe its cause I have been eating it all the time. Suppose if I stopped for a week or two and then started eating it again I might have noticed a difference.

Take a look at my signature, apart from one off week, and the week I lost 0.5lbs, I have been steadily losing 1-2lbs (even 2.5lbs) and that with eating 3 even four slices some days and sometimes two bagels in a day..

Just a quick question -

If hovis wholemeal medium bread is 2pp a slice, are two slices 4 or 5 points.

Also what happens if I were say to have one slice for breakfast and another later in the day, would I count as I have been, as 2pp each or should I be counting 2 slices (whether eaten together or separately as say 5pp if thats what two together were)

Hope that made sense

Just a quick question -

If hovis wholemeal medium bread is 2pp a slice, are two slices 4 or 5 points.

Also what happens if I were say to have one slice for breakfast and another later in the day, would I count as I have been, as 2pp each or should I be counting 2 slices (whether eaten together or separately as say 5pp if thats what two together were)

Hope that made sense

My leader brought this up at the meeting, she used the example of rich tea biccies. 1pp for one, or 3pp for 2.

She said that if you had one in the morning, and then one in the afternoon, they could be taken as a total of 2 pp for the two biccies.

HOWEVER if you were to have the two at the same time, then it would be better to count them as 3pp for the two...

I suppose the same principle applies to the bread...

But then part of me thinks that if you have 2 slices of bread, you've still consumed 2 slices of bread regardless of whether it was in 2 sittings or one....

So the way I'm going round it is to have, say, a bagel at breakfast, and then maybe beans on 1 slice of toast later... then it doesnt combine the two ;)

My leader brought this up at the meeting, she used the example of rich tea biccies. 1pp for one, or 3pp for 2.

She said that if you had one in the morning, and then one in the afternoon, they could be taken as a total of 2 pp for the two biccies.

HOWEVER if you were to have the two at the same time, then it would be better to count them as 3pp for the two...

I suppose the same principle applies to the bread...

But then part of me thinks that if you have 2 slices of bread, you've still consumed 2 slices of bread regardless of whether it was in 2 sittings or one....

So the way I'm going round it is to have, say, a bagel at breakfast, and then maybe beans on 1 slice of toast later... then it doesnt combine the two ;)

that's because of the rounding up. If the kingsmill slice of bread is 2.4pp, the calculator rounds it up to 2 automatically. However, if two slices are 4.8 (2.4 + 2.4) then the calculator rounds it up to 5 automatically. That was the same with the old plan, because for example one slice of WW bread was 0.5 points and 2 slices were 1.5 points. So we should be used to "rounding up" things like this. Many times though when you had 3 or 4 of those it worked out better for you because if I remember correctly, 4 slices of WW bread was 2.5 points rather than 3! And this with the old system. I would recommend though to weight the slices of bread and calculate the points how you eat them: there is difference for example between the weight of a slice of bread fresh and toasted, because water evaporates. For example I get the small loav of Hovis multigrain bread. Toasted it comes out to be 2pp per 2 slices, not toasted it comes out to be 3... but I have always counted it as 2 and had no problems :) why should I count water?

Weight everything and see how many propoints it comes out to be and you could have surprises: for example with the new system thanks to my ww scales I have found out that 35g of ready break porridge with chocolate (or normal) is 3pp like 30g! With the old plan 30g was 1.5 points and 31g was 2 points! I so enjoy having some extra porridge in the morning :heartpump:

Back