Best Exercise DVD for home??

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by zoemee20, 6 December 2010 Social URL.

1. zoemee20

zoemee20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ive got Tracey Anderson Mat workout - id like a dvd I could do every morning or evening If i can - any recommendations? something thats not really really hard routines etc would be great!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zoemee20

zoemee20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do these not really get used then?x

4. elm

elm Silver Member

Start Weight:
    300.6lb
    Current Weight:
    286.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    137lb
    Lost(%):
    14.4lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Finally, taking control!
    Leslie Sansone...her videos are amazing. Its a 'walk at home' video, meaning you walk in place that you were standing but also she makes you move around like side to side steps, back and forth steps, knee raises, leg raises, also she adds in arm movements like raising your arms up and down or moving them side to side.

Its pretty amazing, and fast. She has dvds that start from 1 mile, up to 5 miles. I have 3 dvds of hers so far. My favorite is the '5 mile fat burning walk'. Each mile is 12 minutes long, and she makes it fun for me and I can do it right in my living room.

I only paid 10 dollars here in the US but don't know how much it is where you live.

5. zoemee20

zoemee20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ahh thankyou for that - nope enver heard of her! that sounds fun - i love to be able to do a walking challenge - do you actually feel anything even tho your just marching on the spot? or do you walk about your living room etc? Ill look that up thankyou!

6. zoemee20

zoemee20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ive just done vicki binns one which i found quite good! easy enough for me to fit in everyday aswell and not be absolutely knackerd all week from 1 session lol

7. elm

elm Silver Member

Start Weight:
    300.6lb
    Current Weight:
    286.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    137lb
    Lost(%):
    14.4lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Finally, taking control!
    Well I do 2 of her videos a day, which equals to 10 miles. On the one I told you about, I lost more than 1000 calories in 58 minutes, I do break out in a sweat. I actually just did 5 miles and my body feels amazing, its like I have a pulse everywhere since I worked out all the muscles.

I do see results. Even though I lost 12 pounds, this whole week people have been asking if I'm losing weight since my tummy area is getting smaller. I have muscles on my legs now and arms. Finally seeing results, and its worth the sweat in those 5 miles.

8. jenniferyellowhat

jenniferyellowhat Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.8lb(18.33%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting/healthy eating and Jillian Michaels' DVDs
    I love the Davina ones, you can mix and match the routines to make them as long as you want or focusing on a particular area.

9. zoemee20

zoemee20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im sure I used to ahve the davina dvd ages ago! Ill buy it again as ive lost it and give that one ago too! thankyou x

10. jenniferyellowhat

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.8lb(18.33%)
    Diet:
    I think her DVDs are fab, just have to turn the sound down a bit as she does talk non stop! Fine first few times but does grate after a while:)

11. gemmm

gemmm Full Member

Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I've not used it for ages, but the Charlie Brook's one is good.

12. jenniferyellowhat

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.8lb(18.33%)
    Diet:
    Also the 30 day shred one is meant to be good. I haven't done it but read some great reviews on amazon.

13. justjudith

justjudith *waves hello*

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green
    Leslie Sansone dvd's are great.... easy to fit into your day (starting with one mile ones that would take 15 mins) and intio a small space..... and no complex moves ~ she doesn't expect you to be a dancer just move. And when you have done one of hers you sure know it.

I had the 30 Day Shred dvd - each day takes 20 mins ~ but she really works you hard in that 20 mins. Not for the fainthearted. And she does a lot of curls and jumping jacks etc. I would have found it good if I had stuck at it but I'm too fainthearted for her.

Be good to know what you use and find the most effective ~ finding something you enjoy is more than half the battle.

Judith

14. Metal_Gear_Panda

Metal_Gear_Panda Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6%)
    Diet:
    My own mix
    I would say Davinafit, would be good for every day use as it is not as difficult as others.

I just bought Clare Nasir's Bootcamp yesterday and tried it for the first time, if you are looking for something that will make you hurt from your head to toe then that will do it, At work today I cant walk right lol! But at least I know it's working that's my way of looking at it. I would deffinately say that it would be worth a shot!!

15. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    If you belong to Lovefilm, then you can try out all sorts. Your local library may have some, tho with cutbacks perhaps not. I have lots! All gathering dust at the mo :( but then I do the fitness things on the Wii. I like Rosemary conleys salsa ones, but I like variety, and the wii ones give you different exercises every day.
    I got a Nell McAndrew one from a charity shop, it nearly killed me!

16. missjelly

missjelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Heathystuff + gastric band!
    Personally I love the OZ Aerobics series :D they're great. Another fab one is the Jillian Michaels dvds.. uh, 30 day shred and her abs one :D

Also, the Wii games are a great way to be more 'into' your fitness. They award you stuff and comment where DVDs don't :) pretty motivational for me.

17. Oscaria

Oscaria Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The Charlie Brooker one is excellent and very effective. Never liked the Davina ones.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.