Beth's food diary aka mission 'get gorgeous' ;)

22/08/2011

No breakfast :/

L: sw chips (skin on) with 1/2 a tin of beans and hexa cheese (diet!! What diet?)

S: 2 x ryvita (1/2 hexb) w/ 2 x laughing cow light triangles (1/2 hexb)
Banana

D: veg curry (onions, pepper, courgette, cauliflower, potato, aubergine, passata, chickpeas) w/ brown rice..

Befanwi said:
22/08/2011

No breakfast :/

L: sw chips (skin on) with 1/2 a tin of beans and hexa cheese (diet!! What diet?)

S: 2 x ryvita (1/2 hexb) w/ 2 x laughing cow light triangles (1/2 hexb)
Banana

D: veg curry (onions, pepper, courgette, cauliflower, potato, aubergine, passata, chickpeas) w/ brown rice..

Veg curry...without me?

23/08/2011

B: hexb nimble toast with part hexa laughing cow and 2 x boiled eggs

L: veg curry w/ basmati rice

D: pasta w/ chickpea ratatouille w/ hexa feta

Just WI now 10.12 which means another 2 lbs gone, 2lbs away from my healthy BMI (not that I can actually believe I am technically 'overweight') and 5lbs away from my lowest SW weight!!

Stayed the same at weigh in this week..

B: Spanish omelette

L: pasta w/ a hexb tuna and hexa cheese and tomato sauce

D: quorn chilli and rice

Ali* said:
Hi babs! I see you've had a loss followed by a STS - not bad chick, not bad at all ;)

Now tell me - what's your advice for climbing back on the SW wagon cos I need all the help I can get!

You're definitely asking the wrong chick! Although I do suppose I have more experience than most with climbing back on..

The first meal's the hardest, then you remember that actually - it's not that bad and that you feel better after eating this way anyways.. But you know that!!

I'm chuffed with my STS as I had 3 meals out (and I was not making SW friendly choices) but Max kept offering to take be for dinner and I was not going to look that gift horse in the mouth!!

Glad you had fun, hun :) it's good to have you back though.. X

1/09/2011

B: what was left of yesterday's Spanish omelette

L: mild cheese and broccoli pasta 'n' sauce (1/2 syn)

D: black pepper quorn fillets, baked potato w/ hexb light Philly, broccoli and cauliflower.

(hexb ryvita w/ hexa laughing cow light if I'm peckish when we get back from the cinema..)

(another) day off plan tomorrow - going to Blackpool - pleasure beach and illuminations - but that also means fish and chips and doughnuts.. Not going to count syns but will minimise for the rest of the week.. And hopefully 1/2 a day won't make too much difference..

Not even bothering! Had the best part of this week off plan as we had a long weekend before Max started his new job and then last night was our anniversary and no way was I eating in one of my favourite restaurants on plan! B
So fish and chips in Blackpool
A takeaway
A 3 course meal (ending in creme brûlée obviously!)
And quite a bit of vino..
= no scales for Beth!!

Back on it today though - you'd best be keeping an eye on me!!

How's it going with you chick? You've done so well getting back on it (even your work birthday was well managed! Well done!) xx

Ali* said:
Good for you hun ... life's for living innit!

What's Max's new job? Anything exciting?

Shall we try and have a good week? Lol x

Too right :) it was bloody gorgeous!!

Just a project management job at an engineering place.. He seems to be enjoying it (well he enjoyed his first day) and it means an end to shifts (woohoo) so I'm a happy girl too..

Let's be good together :) xx

Too right :) it was bloody gorgeous!!

Just a project management job at an engineering place.. He seems to be enjoying it (well he enjoyed his first day) and it means an end to shifts (woohoo) so I'm a happy girl too..

Let's be good together :) xx

That's brill. I hated it when Col worked funny hours :mad:

Right - starting today - me & you - 100%! (ish, lol)

Ali* said:
That's brill. I hated it when Col worked funny hours :mad:

Right - starting today - me & you - 100%! (ish, lol)

Can I still have a bottle of wine tonight (ill count the syns of course!!) The pub quiz wouldn't be the same without it!!! X

Ali you should be proud, didn't even have a bottle!!

B: hexb toast w/part hexa laughing cow (1 triangle) w/ 2 x 'fried' eggs

L: vegetable curry w/ brown rice

D: 2 smallish baked potato w/ quorn chilli and corn on the cob

S: 2 x ryvita (1/2 hexb) w/ 2 x lcl triangle (part hexa) and a sliced tomato

Syns: 1 glass of red wine (175ml) 6.5
1 vodka (25ml) 2.5 w/ slimline tonic (free)

9/105

(woah that looks a lot of food!!)

Ali you should be proud, didn't even have a bottle!!

B: hexb toast w/part hexa laughing cow (1 triangle) w/ 2 x 'fried' eggs

L: vegetable curry w/ brown rice

D: 2 smallish baked potato w/ quorn chilli and corn on the cob

S: 2 x ryvita (1/2 hexb) w/ 2 x lcl triangle (part hexa) and a sliced tomato

Syns: 1 glass of red wine (175ml) 6.5
1 vodka (25ml) 2.5 w/ slimline tonic (free)

9/105

(woah that looks a lot of food!!)

Nice booze selection ;)

No - that doesn't look like a lot of food - looks scrummy :)

Give us the recipe for your quorn chilli hun ... I want to give it a go xx

Ali* said:
Nice booze selection ;)

No - that doesn't look like a lot of food - looks scrummy :)

Give us the recipe for your quorn chilli hun ... I want to give it a go xx

My infamous quorn chilli :)

It's just onion, as many peppers as you can stand (I use two large or three small - green and orange/yellow usually 'cos otherwise it's a bit 'red' lol) I 'fry' them in a pan with frylight

Then before they start to catch I put a splash of water in and sweat them off in that till they're soft..

Then the quorn mince (half a packet makes 4 greedy portions cos it's bulked out with beans and peppers)

I bung in two stockcubes and stir that through, then a carton of passata (used to use a tin or two of tomatoes, but I prefer passata now)

Then the beans - I use a tin of kidney beans and bung in an extra tin or black eyed beans or chickpeas if I have them in (you can even get 5 greedy portions out of it with the extra beans)

Then I add chilli powder (I like hot so a couple of tablespons but that's up to you!) and cayenne/paprika if I have it.. A bit of water if it's thick then leave to simmer (might need salt) about 10 mins is all it needs and the best thing is it freezes brilliantly!

Yum and easy and quick and pretty cheap too!

X

Back