Beth's food diary aka mission 'get gorgeous' ;)

Yoyo dieter said:
Hi befanwi. Hope u don't mind me popping along to say hi. I relate to so much that ur saying in your diary! Pesky weekends eh! Tell me abt it! They'll be my undoing, lol

Course I don't mind :) I suppose we just have to remind ourselves that even if we're not losing weight then eating/drinking badly for 2/3 days a week is much better than 7, which is what I was doing before..

What we need to do is break the association between food and entertainment.. Like this Friday it's my friend's birthday meal - I'm not going to not go because I'm on a diet.. But I don't have to have a burger and a dessert.. And I will still have fun.
Also the thinking of 'I deserve this food treat' - we don't, we deserve much better than feeling fat and a failure after we eat it. We deserve to feel healthy and happy with ourselves.

Hope you have a good day - sorry for the 'deep' post this early :) aha. We'll all get there in the end, at least we're still trying! Xx

Befanwi said:
Course I don't mind :) I suppose we just have to remind ourselves that even if we're not losing weight then eating/drinking badly for 2/3 days a week is much better than 7, which is what I was doing before..

What we need to do is break the association between food and entertainment.. Like this Friday it's my friend's birthday meal - I'm not going to not go because I'm on a diet.. But I don't have to have a burger and a dessert.. And I will still have fun.
Also the thinking of 'I deserve this food treat' - we don't, we deserve much better than feeling fat and a failure after we eat it. We deserve to feel healthy and happy with ourselves.

Hope you have a good day - sorry for the 'deep' post this early :) aha. We'll all get there in the end, at least we're still trying! Xx

That's the spirit babe! We will do this... Have a great day...xx

6/11/12

No breakfast! I know I need to sort myself out but when I'm in work I'd rather have the extra 10 mins in bed..

Lunch: Pasta'n' sauce with salad

Dinner: Chilli (onion, garlic, extra lean mince, red pepper, chopped tinned toms, kidney beans fresh chilli, chilli powder) with rice and cauliflower (oh the of combinations we eat to get our 1/3 superfree)

Snack: 1/2 a galia melon, (hexb) Alpen light bars

Last edited:
Befanwi said:
Come up here and I'll make you one ;) x

I can't drive :( and I don't need to be fatter as well as miserable ha. My self pity food will be nothing but mugshots and savoury rice xx

7/11/12

No breakfast again!! Tut tut.

Lunch: Last night's chilli with cous cous and salad

Snack: clementine

Dinner: SW chicken, garlic and lemon casserole (onion, garlic, chicken, green beans, lemon, chicken bovril) served with mash (part hexa milk, no butter), cauliflower and broccoli

Snack: 1/2 cantaloupe melon

2 x double gin and slimline tonics (10 syns)

That looks like LOADS!

From here on in it's gonna be a bit tougher to stick to plan.. Going to hit the wine tomorrow I think as i have a friend staying that I haven't seen for ages.. although food shouldn't be a problem.. And then Friday is a meal out although I should be able to stick to 'diet' alcoholic drinks..

My aim from now until Monday is to be good food wise (apart from the one meal out - where I will try and be sensible!!) and make the best drink decisions I can (apart from tomorrow) that way I should hopefully see a bit of a loss - or at least gain back some of the control I've been losing at weekends where I've eaten and drank everything in sight!

X

Last edited:
8/11/12

Breakfast: 1/2 hexb toast with 2 scrambled eggs
Banana

Lunch: The last portion of left over chilli with a big jacket and salad

Dinner: Pasta Bolognese (onion, garlic, extra lean mince, 2 cartons of passata, veg stock cube, italian mixed herbs, black pepper) with green beans

Last edited:
7/11/12

No breakfast again!! Tut tut.

Lunch: Last night's chilli with cous cous and salad

Snack: clementine

Dinner: SW chicken, garlic and lemon casserole (onion, garlic, chicken, green beans, lemon, chicken bovril) served with mash (part hexa milk, no butter), cauliflower and broccoli

Snack: 1/2 cantaloupe melon

2 x double gin and slimline tonics (10 syns)

That looks like LOADS!

From here on in it's gonna be a bit tougher to stick to plan.. Going to hit the wine tomorrow I think as i have a friend staying that I haven't seen for ages.. although food shouldn't be a problem.. And then Friday is a meal out although I should be able to stick to 'diet' alcoholic drinks..

My aim from now until Monday is to be good food wise (apart from the one meal out - where I will try and be sensible!!) and make the best drink decisions I can (apart from tomorrow) that way I should hopefully see a bit of a loss - or at least gain back some of the control I've been losing at weekends where I've eaten and drank everything in sight!

X

That does not look like loads at all! What are you like? Stop beating yourself up babes. Have a lovely weekend and a good catch up with your friend. Be good where you can and you could still be in for a loss xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Got your scales sorted now chick? I am just off to wi... Have a good day, it certainly looks good from here...xx

No scales, but clothes are feeling a bit looser.. Bit reluctant to weigh but know I'll have to soon.. Will try and buy some before next week.. X

Ali* said:
That does not look like loads at all! What are you like? Stop beating yourself up babes. Have a lovely weekend and a good catch up with your friend. Be good where you can and you could still be in for a loss xx

I'm really focused food wise at the moment, enjoying food a lot more now I'm eating meat again.. And feeling much healthier and less deprived than when I was on CC. Yet to weigh though and due a * week this weekend so probably not lost - but clothes feel a bit looser (certainly not tighter anyways) xx

I'm really focused food wise at the moment, enjoying food a lot more now I'm eating meat again.. And feeling much healthier and less deprived than when I was on CC. Yet to weigh though and due a * week this weekend so probably not lost - but clothes feel a bit looser (certainly not tighter anyways) xx

Well done - looser clothes are a good enough sign that you are doing the right thing :)

Befanwi said:

Clothes fitting better is the best result. I get hooked on the numbers on the scales sometimes and it's so unhealthy.

Back