Beth's food diary aka mission 'get gorgeous' ;)

Befanwi said:
Just been to tesco for a few bits and pieces and ended up buying all my Christmas cards and wrap - there is definitely something wrong with me, I'm nowhere near this organised usually..

Also bought some more fruit and vegetables so sorted for another on plan week! Made my soup and my quorn and bean chilli while I was cooking tonight's tea so tomorrow will be a lazy one after work :)

Just trying 'cleansing nettle and peppermint tea' that I bought, see if it'll help with any bloat.. Got a 'morning detox' one too with lemon, lemon verbena, lime flowers and milk thistle.. So will try that in the morning..
Xx

Morning detox tea is fab... You will notice a difference and will soon get hooked on trying more... Green tea is ace for bloat...x

Tuesday 4th Dec - GREEN

Breakfast: Banana and morning detox tea (when I get to work)

Lunch: leek and potato soup I made last night

Snack: (hexa) cheese

Dinner: (very early as just got home from work and I'm starving!) quorn and bean chilli with white rice, broccoli and fat free cottage cheese

Last edited:
sleepytimesadie said:
Morning Beth... Are you wi today? If so I hope you do well... Have a good one...xx

10.13.. So lb down.. Very happy with that!
Decided to loosen up a bit on the diet front for a while, not to go crazy but I was getting into a worrying binge-guilt-strict cycle.. I'm going to work on making good choices and not writing off a whole day because I have a treat.. I don't want to gain weight but I'm happy to maintain for a while.. And work on feeling better about myself not dependent on my weight, I have a boyfriend, a close family, a job, and friends.. Do I need to be obsessing about my weight?! Stop me if anyone thinks it's mental to loosen up???

I just want to see if I'm capable of making sensible decisions when I'm not 'on a diet' because while I've been an adult I've never eaten normally, I've gained weight because I've eaten too much because I've had a break from a diet and lost weight because I'm on a diet.. I've never just trusted myself to eat normally and behave normally around food.. Does that make sense?

X

Befanwi said:
Decided to loosen up a bit on the diet front for a while, not to go crazy but I was getting into a worrying binge-guilt-strict cycle.. I'm going to work on making good choices and not writing off a whole day because I have a treat.. I don't want to gain weight but I'm happy to maintain for a while.. And work on feeling better about myself not dependent on my weight, I have a boyfriend, a close family, a job, and friends.. Do I need to be obsessing about my weight?! Stop me if anyone thinks it's mental to loosen up???

I just want to see if I'm capable of making sensible decisions when I'm not 'on a diet' because while I've been an adult I've never eaten normally, I've gained weight because I've eaten too much because I've had a break from a diet and lost weight because I'm on a diet.. I've never just trusted myself to eat normally and behave normally around food.. Does that make sense?

X

Makes perfect sense to me... Well done on the loss, but more importantly getting you're head round things... Eating well is about being healthy, and being happy is key to being healthy... Hugs...xx

I'm worried it's just me justifying being lazy and a bit heavier than I'd like to be because it's easier than dieting..

No, I don't think you are doing this at all. Kieragh has recently been 'healthy eating' instead of 'dieting' and it seems to have taken the pressure off a bit ... she's even lost a bit of weight and is now back in her target range!

I'm doing the same ... especially the month that we are in now, there's too much pressure and life's too short.

Ali* said:
No, I don't think you are doing this at all. Kieragh has recently been 'healthy eating' instead of 'dieting' and it seems to have taken the pressure off a bit ... she's even lost a bit of weight and is now back in her target range!

I'm doing the same ... especially the month that we are in now, there's too much pressure and life's too short.

I just think that this month if I carry on how I was will be worse cos I'll eat a couple of chocolates or a glass of wine and end up binging 'cos I've blown it!

X

sleepytimesadie said:
Makes perfect sense to me... Well done on the loss, but more importantly getting you're head round things... Eating well is about being healthy, and being happy is key to being healthy... Hugs...xx

Thanks.. I really feel like I need my weight to not be how I define myself.. I'm not even that big! X

Befanwi said:
Thanks.. I really feel like I need my weight to not be how I define myself.. I'm not even that big! X

Exactly... And you're young you're body still hasn't finished changing yet... Different if you were mahoosive, but you're not... Go with what feels right...Hugs...xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Exactly... And you're young you're body still hasn't finished changing yet... Different if you were mahoosive, but you're not... Go with what feels right...Hugs...xx

It just takes up so much of my time and my headspace thinking about how huge and unattractive I am and then I look at other people who are a size 12 and think yeah, they look normal.. I just need to sort my head out.. Yes I've not hit the body of a celeb or a
Gym bunny but it's healthy and it's quite fit and it works and Max has never complained about it.. Just wish I could sort myself out really so I can stop obsessing about it.. I must think about how fat I am like 20 times a day.. X

Befanwi said:
It just takes up so much of my time and my headspace thinking about how huge and unattractive I am and then I look at other people who are a size 12 and think yeah, they look normal.. I just need to sort my head out.. Yes I've not hit the body of a celeb or a
Gym bunny but it's healthy and it's quite fit and it works and Max has never complained about it.. Just wish I could sort myself out really so I can stop obsessing about it.. I must think about how fat I am like 20 times a day.. X

That is just a product of this age I am afraid, we are judged on the media perception of celebs and how we look, in my case if I am not being judged because of they way I dress or express myself, I am judged to be too old to be into all that... We should make a pact to be happy in our skin whatever we weigh or our age... We have people that love us and they don't care, and let's be honest, when have you or anyone else you know stopped loving someone because they don't look like what people think they should? ...xx

Befanwi said:

X

Sounds an excellent plan!

sleepytimesadie said:
That is just a product of this age I am afraid, we are judged on the media perception of celebs and how we look, in my case if I am not being judged because of they way I dress or express myself, I am judged to be too old to be into all that... We should make a pact to be happy in our skin whatever we weigh or our age... We have people that love us and they don't care, and let's be honest, when have you or anyone else you know stopped loving someone because they don't look like what people think they should? ...xx

I know it's a stupid waste of energy.. We should all just be able to be ourselves we should take good care of ourselves and others and that should be that.. X

Struggled to sleep last night, was up till maybe 2 or 3 but ah well :) lazy day today - bit of cleaning and a long bath.. Out later on tonight but not sure what the plan is.. X

Befanwi said:
Struggled to sleep last night, was up till maybe 2 or 3 but ah well :) lazy day today - bit of cleaning and a long bath.. Out later on tonight but not sure what the plan is.. X

Have a lovely night whatever you end up doing... Hugs... xx

Well can't say I'm being golden.. But do feel like I'm doing quite well at not giving myself a carte blanche..

No breakfast..

Lunch: vegetable (potato, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower) and tuna casserole (just all cooked in oxo chicken stock) - really tasty more like a soup but really filling and warming!

Dinner: maggi garlic chicken, with couscous (stock, lemon juice, cherry toms and spring onions) with salad and fat free Kraft thousand island dressing

Snacks: a handful of quality street (had to be done) and quite a large glass of fizz

Just had a bit of a eureka moment.. Bought some gorgeous goats cheese today and some carrs melts crackers.. Went to make myself one while I let the dog out, cracker on bread board, about to open cheese.. Thought 'I don't actually want this. I'm still full from dinner' back in box/fridge and skipped upstairs.. Never done that before!! X

Last edited:
Back