Bev - Round 2

Had another good day yesterday, I did succomb to half a Bounty bar though (naughty I know) but it's better than what I could have had!! Feeling better about things now I am being good foodwise. I realised last night watching the soaps, that I didn't need to nibble anything, I wasn't the least bit hungry so didn't have anything at all after tea last night. I had chilli and a pitta bread for tea which was really filling. Might have some chicken curry tonight.

Looking at a trying a new car after work. Our one has definitely seen better days and is starting to play up. Might have a new car for the weekend, lovely!!

We pick up our new car on Saturday!! We took it for a test drive last night and it's nice. They are even taking our old heap off our hands for £400 so we are really pleased about that!!

Food still going well. Not eating too much and not snacking at all. Really feel happy doing this and realise I don't need to overeat. If I can keep this up I will be very happy. What I mean is "I am going to keep this up"!!

Ooh blimey that was quick. What car u getting? Bet u can't wait now! :) x

Oooo 'citin'! What kind of car? Lucky you! :)

You seem to be doing really well on the eating front and OF COURSE you're going to keep it up! :D x

We're getting an 2009 Silver Renault Clio. Only got 21,000 miles on the clock so should last us a long while. It'll be the newest car we've ever had so want to really look after it. It's only had 1 owner too. Really excited about picking it up on saturday morning. Just got to get used to driving it now. Going from an old 1.6 to a new 1.2 is going to be strange but I will get used to it!

Food was good again yesterday, wasn't really hungry at teatime so had a some crackers and some pate. I know pate isn't great for you but I really fancied it. Going to keep this going now cos I feel so much better doing it and I'm saving money from not buying so much chocolate and other rubbish.

Sounds like a nice car Bev :).

Glad you've got your mojo foodwise - keep it up x

Picked up the new car on saturday and it's really lovely to drive. So quiet and light compared to our old car. Can't believe the difference!!

Food wise been OK over the weekend, except for Friday when we were at my mum's for tea and had roast followed by homemade apple crumble and custard, it was gorgeous!! Haven't overeaten at all this weekend, really trying to be careful now. Feeling good for it too. Going to keep this up.

Good for you - you seem to be in a great place right now :) x

Everything going well at the moment. Food wise I haven't been brilliant the last couple of days so need to get my head together and sort it out. New car is lovely, can't get hubby out of it, he loves it. Need to do some more exercise at some stage, not doing badminton and only walking in after work at the moment so not doing enough really. Still mulling over whether to go to the gym or not, really don't want to so probably wont. Bad eh??

I have never seen such heavy rain as this morning driving to work. We had to slow down so much cos we just couldn't see anything!! Sky's clearing now so hopefully will brighten up for the rest of the day.

Well done to Helen Glover in the rowing, a Penzance girl and went to the same school as me. We even had the same PE teacher (even though she was 16 years behind me at the school!!).

Hope you've managed to get back on track! Don't slide down that slippery slope now ya hear???!! ;) x

Quiet round here innit??

I can feel things slipping again foodwise so I may go back on the shakes for a while in a couple of weeks, just to keep things in check. I wish I could do this maintaining malarky! I find it so hard. It's all positive though. I will be losing a little bit of weight with the shakes and starting badminton at the same time. I have also decided to go back to the gym once a week so at least I have 2 good cardio sessions each week (unless I have a match and I will have 3!).

It's so hard isn't it Bev! Seems like you've got a good plan though x

It's a real bugger!!!! :( x

Weekend nearly here again, time seems to be flying at the moment!

Going to give it about 10 days and then maybe get back on the shakes for a little while to get some control back over things. I've been letting old, bad habits slip in again and don't want things to get too bad. I will order the month's supply and see how things go from there. I have a few shakes left over from last time, about a week's worth, so might start them in about a week or so.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, the weather's not meant to be very good down here but we're at my mum and dad's for a BBQ, it's my dad's 69th birthday on sunday. It's never good weather when they arrange a BBQ!! Shame.

Awww I hope the rain stays off for the BBQ Bev ... shame! Have a lovely weekend anyway! And happy birthday to your dad :) x

Had a good BBQ yesterday. The weather in the morning was not good, very wet but come the afternoon we had blue skies and it was really hot! Really pleased for mum and dad cos they worked so hard to put on a good BBQ. It was lovely and dad had a really good birthday. He's playing golf with my son-in-law today so he'll really love that, he only took up golf about a year ago but he's really hooked. Good for the exercise though!

Still thinking about going back on the shakes but still not sure either. Will decide in a week or so.

Glad the BBQ worked out Bev :)

Obviously ideally we'd all control our weight by controlling the 'proper' food we eat but it seems that there are those of us who find that almost impossible! :( **sigh** x

Glad the BBQ worked out. Sunday was a rubbish morning wasnt it but come the afternoon it was lovely and hot! :)
Sounds like you have a good plan Bev. This maintaining lark really isnt fun at all is it! :( Hope it works out xxx

Think I might bite the bullet and start back on the shakes next Saturday, still not sure but think that's when it'll happen. Need to do something soon! Badminton starts in a couple of weeks and I really don't want to be running around a court in this state! It'll kill me!! The first week will be hard, I know that, but if I have matches coming up (and there are lots of them!) I want to be in better shape and play as good as I know I can. I'll tell hubby later, he's never keen on me doing the shakes and wishes I could control things with food but he knows I want to do this and he knows that I'll be happier if I can shift a bit of weight. He's very supportive but just looking out for me, bless him!

Back