Bev's Battle

what a shame I didnt see this before I went out
as you need to tell the doc they are not signing to give permission as such they are signing to say they have been informed - surely he would rather you did something about your weight for your health rather than at some time in the future be a drain on nhs resources
really really hope all is well and you see your consultant and can start tomorrow :):)

seems very mean of your GP not to sign. He surely must have come across CD before. I really hope it's all go for you now.

well, hey guys! so let me explain the rest of the story! yesterday i rang back at 2pm as requested by the doctor to check the forms are ready, he said it would be done by then. the receptionist told me that the doctor wasnt going to be in until 3.30pm as he had a meeting and i should call back on monday.

i told her that was unacceptable as he promised me they would be ready for today. she said if i called back at 4pm she'd have an answer. called at 4pm, dr had still not got round to it. 4.30pm, called again (all this time was sitting in my car outside work because if i had to pick the forms up it would be a 50 mile round trip for me as i havent changed my childhood doctor)- the receptionist told me the doctor wouldnt sign the form as its "against the guidelines" (no more info than that) and said the doctor would refer me to a dietician if i wanted. i dont NEED a dietician, im not some idiot who sits and eats chocolate all day and is baffled why im fat. i know how to eat perfectly well, the problem simply is that i DONT. i dont need a dietician, i need cambridge. i need to shift this weight as quickly as possible and THEN i'll follow the principles of a healthy diet.

anyways, i rand my CDC gail and told her the news, she thought that there must be something the doctor wasnt understanding with the information so offered to call him and speak to him. she tried that but the receptionist was totally unwilling to put her through.

i was so annoyed by this point that by the time i drove home from work i was dead set on changing doctors. i looked online for medical centres near my new address and called the first one on my list, turns out it was a vet, lol, but the second one on my list was an actual gp accepting new patients. went in to sign some forms and register and booked an appointment for tuesday night!

then i went to see my CDC and she wrote me a new letter etc, she said she has a client with a higher bmi than me who was on medication who had managed to get the form signed by this doctors, so HOPEFULLY i'll be okay to start next week. so now i have a doctors appt on tue and meeting with my cdc on wed night and can start thurs july 8th *sigh*! that sucks because i had a target on 20lbs lost for july which i wanted to meet, but now i'll only have 3 weeks to do it, grr. i just feel really annoyed that a doctor is essentially stopping me from losing weight the way i want to.

aw what a nitemare! Will keep everything crossed that you're new Dr signs the forms!!

That does suck! Good on you for keeping such a cool head. How is your eating going in this interim period? And, how is the job going?

Well lets hope the new gp plays ball - but remember you are not asking for his/her permission they are signing to say the information about health issues is correct

and how about going low carb until you can start just to get you on the lower carb route so you hit ketosis really quickly and can settle into cd really quickly and easily when the 8th comes round :)

20 pounds is still very achievable in 3 weeks. I have done 25 in my first 3 weeks so although it's a pain of a situation to be in, please stick it out until you can start.

Last August I wanted to start CD. I met with a CDC and she said she would arrange for the forms to be done by my GP. Nothing happened for a couple of weeks and I emailed her. She said she had been in an accident but had sent the information. She then sent me an email with a message from my GP saying he had never heard of me! She'd put my email address as my name :mad: and by then I just couldn't be bothered to keep on messing around. If I had have done, I could have been near to target by now rather than at the end of my first month so however much the hassle seems, please don't be put off by it.

Hello lovely, have been looking out for you and then realised that you'd moved over here, duh!
Just read through everything; gah your old doctor's an idiot! The thing with staying with your childhood doctor is they keep on treating you like a child. I hope that you have more luck with the new doctor!

Stay strong, we all know that you are.
Best wishes, speak soon :)

heyy everyone! well ive not been on here much lately as have been waiting to visit my new GP. she really was amazing and signed my form and wished me luck! :)

ive been smiling like a cheshire cat ever since :) :) :) im going to do this, i know i am. i feel like ive had a battle to even start this diet, and i fought through all the bureocracy because i knew this is the way for me to do it.

i told my CDC and she was really happy, im going to go see her tomorrow and pick up my stuff and start on thursday! there is a big work meal on friday and i could use that as an excuse to put it off but i dont want to wait any longer. i'm ready, my body is ready. time to lose this weight and be someone i want to be!

ill get weighed tomorrow and update my stats and stuff. i doubt ive maintainted my earlier stone weight loss tbh, ill be honest, i havent been doing good at all. i need cambridge. i need the lack of choice, not having to thinking about food in the slightest. i need to see big losses every week. and i need to know for next summer that i will be where i want to be. the only diet (well, almost only) that can provide me with that is cambridge. once i get to ideal weight after a year of not eating normal foods then i will be able to learn how to eat again with a clean pallate and i wont have to lsoe anything, just maintain. im sure maintainance is the hard part really, and it probably is easier to maintai if you do sw or ww, but on those plans i doubt i'd get to maintainance, i cant wait 2 years for this to happen!

so yeah, im getting ready to start my journey, really excited, a little scared, completely inspired...

Just want to thank you for your post. I have been struggling today and your words made me remember why it is i'm doing this! COME ON!! we can do this!

Delighted your new GP signed the forms! Good luck for Thursday :)

So glad of your doctors response
good luck and keep posting especially on the bad days

I halve all my shakes so I get 6 portions a day and it helps me to not feel hungry

I reckon you are going to do it too. Thank goodness you finally got some support from your doc, she can share your success!

glad you got your forms signed, roll on tomorrow so you can feel in control of it - good luck

Heya, glad that you ahd better luck with your new doctor.
Hope everything goes well starting tomorrow :)

thanks guys, just got back from seeing my CDC and ive picked up all my food for the week ahead. actua;lly its 8 days until i see her again, so my first weigh in will be next thursday 15th July! in 8 days time i wonder how much lighter i will be! atm i weigh 23st 4lbs.

my first goal isn't going to be to lose Xlbs, its going to be to stick at this for day one, and day two and day 3 and day 4 and so on.. every day is an opportunity for me to meet my goal, sticking to the plan. i cant control how many pounds i lsoe a week, but i CAN control what i put in my mouth and how much exercise i do. i cant do any better than perfect, and so if perfect one week means i lose 5lbs, and perfect the next week means i lose 1lbs, i cant physically do any better.

so yeah, tomorrow is the first day. ive got apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, a strawberry shake for lunch, spicy tomato soup for tea, and a butterscotch shake for supper. i bought lots of mineral water and im goign o drink as much as possible throughout the day. as for exercise, im going to take it easy for the first week until my body adjusts, get plenty of sleep etc and get into it gradually. from week 2 onwards i'll start introducing walking and swimming back into my plan.

i feel like i just got to base camp. i still have to climb everest, but i've got to the start and ahead is the journey of my life. i'm going to write in here as often as i can. i want to document everything, every feeling, every hope, every regret. im going to lose 13+ stone, almost 200lbs in weight. the scary thing is not that i might fail, it's that i know im going to do it. i've never been as certain about anything in my life before.

time to take my life back.

Day 1
8am - i'll keep updating this throughout the day. had to call in work today as i have a terirble stomach n keep running to the loo like a crazy lady! havent even felt like a cambridge meal yet, just drinking lots of water and flushing all the crap out of my system.

11.30am - i went back to bed after my first post as i felt exhausted. barely slept at all last night. my stomach is starting to settle down a bit now, should be fine for work tomorrow. i've just tried my first cambridge meal, one of those strawberry silk milk drinks, all i can say is i hope the other products taste better! i just found it ridiculously over sweetened. had to drink water with it to help it go down. for the rest of the day i have spicy tomato soup, apple and cinnamon porridge and a butterscotch shake. REALLY hope they don't taste as bad! lol

6pm - good news, apple and cinnamon porridge is nice! at least thats one thing i like on this plan! starting to feel a little hungry now but nothing major. have drank 2 litres of water so far already! :)

8pm - just about to have a hot bath and then i'll make myself one of the soups and settle down to watch some more gossip girl! after that ill still have a shake to drink, guess i'll make that before bed! i never thought i'd have a problem finding time for all the meals! i know normally i wont, its just because i had an upset stomach this morning. cant wait to get into ketotsis and start buning that fat off now!! im going to have a walk round the park after work tomorrow if i still feel okay. not really felt hungry so far, nothing major anyway. im expecting it to kick in bad tomorrow and over the weekend, but im really hoping that by monday on day 5 i'll be in ketosis :)

10pm - well the spicy tomato soup is delicious! now im going to have my final milk shake before bed and get the products ill be eating tomorrow out and ready! im so proud of myself for making it through day one, tomorrow will be a lot tougher, there is a meal to go to at work which will be especially difficult! but ill get through it! :)

day 1 = 100%
water - 3 litres :)

Last edited:
Back