Bev's Battle

thanks guys, yeha its going brilliantly so far. definately feeling that ketosis sense of well being, i really feel a million dollars atm. at meal times im not even hungry, i just eat my CD meals because i know i need the nutrients.

first weigh in is on thursday - day 8 for me! soo excited about it, really am looking forward to it! :)

Day 5
7pm - not much to add at this stage, had 3CD meals so far and a busy day at work. love my new job. love my new diet. love my life atm. i truely feel blessed. i dont see thsi diet as deprivation at all. its an amazing opportunity to change my life. i feel so lucky i'm able to do it.

9pm - feeling pretty tired atm. playing games with thomas until bed. i try to go to bed at 11 in the week so i get 8hrs sleep, any less than 6hrs and im feeling worn out, after 8hrs im ready to face the next day and anything it can throw at me. trying the banana shake for my final meal, it was planned porridge but realyl dont fancy it. i was thinking tomorrow i might have 2 porridge sachets, thought about doubling them up for breakfast time, then i can have a nice filling breakfast to start my day, i wonder if thats allowed! i'd still have two meals left for the rest of the day, one for lunch and one when i get in on a night.. ill post a new thread and check.

day 5 - 95% (had diet coke again, finding it hard to quit)
water - 4ltr (once ive finished this bottle)

Last edited:
Hi Queen,

A firend told me, you can get away with Coke Zero (in moderation) as it has no citriic acid - so it doesnt effect ketosis or something, am not sure on the ins and outs, but apparently is better than diet coke when on CD

Diet Coke has more citric acid in it than regular coke. Citric acid is Food Acid 330 on labels. Diet coke also contains Food Acid 338, which is phosphoric acid. (Cherry and Lemon flavoured have more nasties- Food Acids 331, and 334, Tartaric Acid)

thanks for that guys, found it really useful. definately no more diet coke for me then, i'll try coke zero from now on, if i HAVE to. i'm definately still in ketosis, not feeling hungry at all, full of life and loving the diet! :)

Day 6
6.30pm - can't believe im on day 6 of the diet already! someone at work commented how she thought i'd lost weight in my face. i cant see it myself and she knew i'vve been doing the diet so maybe she just said ti to encourage me. but she said i was "glowing" and it made me feel good, of course i still shrugged the comment off with a sarcastic "haha, glowing, its because ive been walkign up the stairs". i have a real problem accepting compliments i guess, but all the same it was nice.

had 2 of the meals so far, 2 of the tetra's. i find the tetra's the easiest of the lot to get through lately and porridge the toughest. i dotn really like any of the food on the plan. its bareable, but i would definately not eat any of it once i'm at ideal weight. i can't wait to have a healthy balanced diet. 5 fruit and veggies a day, lots of exercise etc, im loving cambridge so far though, i feel liek tis clensing my system of all the badness.

in a way i feel like ive been sick of a very very long time without even realising it, and now i'm getting better. i really thought this diet might be next to impossible, but the truth of the matter is that it really is amazing. i dont constantly feel hungry, heck, i feel hungry less than when i was eating 3 times as many calories. yeah the food is bland and i miss something solid, but the results will be incredible.

9.30pm - apple n cinnamon porridge made me feel pretty sick. think i'll get more soups and shakes next week and leave the porridge, it seems kinda chemically to me, lol. just got the chicken and mushroom soup to eat for supper, should be nice, all the soups have been decent so far :)

i'm glugging the water for england lately, i find that if i drink lots it takes away the horrible ketosis mouth. ive been peeing like a race horse though!

anyways, thats day 6 over with! 1 more day and ive done a full week, 2 more days and its time for my first weigh in! soooo excited! :)

day 6 - 95% (u guessed it, diet coke)
water - 4.5 litres

Last edited:
coke zero is fine as that has not citric acid
but diet coke and pepsi is not
I have been having fizzy flavoured water just checking the labels for citric acid

you are doing brilliantly just a couple more to go for the weighin :)

Well done Bev you're doing a great job and must so excited for your first weigh in.

I also am pants at accepting compliments and they are coming thick and fast at the moment because my weight loss is very noticable especially in my face.

Have a good evening xx

Hey! glad to hear how upbeat you are hun! Can't wait to see how much you lose in week 1! Going to try and sneak online while away so i can find out! :)

xx

Can't wait for your week 1 result, good luck for a great big loss :)

haha, thanks guys, i cant wait either. first weigh in is thursday, 8 days instead of 7, but aftet aht will be every thursday night i hope. cant wait!

ciara - hope u enjoy your trip :)

I've not tried the plain porridge but thought the apple and cinammon was very weird. It wasn't palatable on its own but weirdly (as most people say it is too sweet) it tasted better with a couple of tablet sweeteners in it. I stopped having porridge after the first week and if I'm still sticking to it in the winter I might have a few sachets to warm me up in the morning rather than a shake.

Tomorrow is nearly here :D You will feel brilliant, I know it.

thanks guys, im still sooo excited about tomorrow and the first weigh in! can't believe that ive been doing this a whole week now, also after day 4 i can't belive how easy it's been. ss has pretty much removed all thoughts of food from my life. the hold that food had over me is slowly lifting. i feel like ive been a donkey following the carrot in front of my nose for 24 years. and now i realise, i don't want the carrot anymore. okay, cheesy analogy, but you get what im saying! lol. i know its far too early to say cambride has been lifechanging, hell i havent even got weighed yet, but if i keep this up i think it will be. i havent felt this happy in years :)

tulip - i have 2 more sachets of the vile porridge to get through and then i'm done with it for good. i think is has some kind of medicinal taste myself, i dont find it overly sweet so maybe sweetner would improve it for me. i guess it just reminds me of medicne flavoured baby food or something, urgh. think ill skip porridge altogether next week and just get more tetras, soups and shakes.

Day 7
6.30pm - wo0t, i made it a week! :) pretty chuffed with myself, thats 7 days of ss without any conventional food. and i've met my second mini goal!

horrible weather today, got caught in a thunderstorm in the car on the way home, rained so fast i could barely see where i was going. now there's a thunder storm raging outside and i'm glad that i'm snuggled up inside. weather like this makes me want to eat hearty homemade food, well tough bev, you've got medicine flavoured porrige for tea and souless soup for supper! lol. roll on bars, i know they probably taste just as bloody awful, but at least its a change.

likes so far: (read the work "like" liberally)
- banana shake
- choc mint shake
- chocolate tetra
- banana tetra
- chicken and mushroom soup
- berry shake

dislikes:
- strawberry tetra
- apple and cinamon poridge

so yeah, tonight ill plan out which flavours i'm going to get. i find the tetra's the easiest of the lot to get through so ill probably have 2 a day of those, a shake a day and then a soup a day.

time to browse the forums now and see how everyone is getting on and then a nice hot bath!

9pm - really bored tonight! im looking forward to getting out of my training period at work so i can do some overtime, we're open until 8pm in the week and now i dont have to worry about meals etc i'd be quite happy to stay are my desk for 3 or 4 more hours in exchange for some extra money. once i gets to august and fuinances are more in ccontrol i'll be joining the gym again, it's open until 10pm so i'd be able to work overtime, eat a bar or drink a tetra at my desk and workout before bed. it really would be a complete lifestyle change for me but one i would relish.

next time i get bored i'm going to start work on my new project, by the time i come off CD i want to have compiled a list of delicious low calorie recipies. i also want to work on my style, because of ym size i've never been able to follow fashion. i'd stare at heat magazine all envious because i couldnt fit in those clothes. the happy truth of the matter is that in a years time i'll be able to wear that stuff! in a way its like becoming a new person, so i want to find all the styles i like now and have so fun fantasy shopping :) haha, sound pretty sad i guess, but it would really motivate me.

still have the porridhe from hell to eat, quite frankly i dont want it, its foul. but i'll force it down myself tonight, it will be the last time i have to have it as pick up new stock tomorrow.

thunderstorm is getting louder, i love storms. reminds me when i was a kid on holiday in lake garda watching the storms every nigt over the lake, breathtaking. i'd love to go back their when i reach my ideal weight :)

Last edited:
You sound so positive and have made me think more positively :)

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow Bev, can't wait to hear how you've done

Bev, I know I don't know you, but reading your posts make me feel well - proud I guess is the best way to describe well done you, your gonna have an amazing loss I can just tell.

Keep it up x

well done

I just wanted to say that you sound so positive and your head is totally in the right place that you really will succeed in your weight loss battle. Enjoy and savour every compliment and use them to remind you why you are doing the diet whenever you have a weak moment.

Keep up the water no matter what, it makes such a difference. Its funny how people like different flavours - I love the porridge and so keep it to enjoy it in the evenings. I tried every flavour on the diet so now I know which ones I prefer.

Excited to see what your results are this evening.

x

waits with eager anticipation :D

Back