Bev's Battle

good luck for your journey
I have climbed a mountain,in Wales and getting to the top was great - I like you need to reach the top of our metaphorical mountains
you will find lots of peeps on here willing to hold your hand and help you on the way

get some paracetamol in as you might get a carb withdrawal headache and it can be really nasty so better to be armed - I will pop in and out during the day from work if time allows to cheer you on

ps if I am to be a cheerleader I want purple pompoms :):)

H xx

Good luck on day 1!!! Was going to suggest you join us on fat friends but you already have!

good luck, heres to an amazing first loss to keep you motivated,

I have been popping in all day waiting to here how you are getting on

really hope its not been too difficult

I'm so glad that you found another GP and also that you didn't abandon your plans because of the delay (as I did last year).

thanks guys! yeah im really excited about doing this now, day one was a doddle compared to how hard i thought it might be. the only bad thing about the diet is the way some of the products taste so far. i know that will get better though when i know what i like and what i dont! roll on week 3 and BARS!

Day 2
7.40am - just about to set off to work, have took a banana tetra for my lunch, hope it tastes better than the strawberry one and have eaten my porridge for breakfast! again ill update this throughout the day, cant get back on pc today until 5pm ish. i feel strangely nervous about today!

8pm - today was tough. managed to sit through colleages stuffing themselves on nando's while i had a banana tetra! it was nice though, lot better than strawberry but didnt make up for a spiced chicken wrap from nando's. ah well, it will be worth it when im slim!

feeling like i have hardly any energy today, i need to go and make my soup next though, its 8pm and only had 2 of the meals out of the 4! trying the chicken and mushroom soup in a minute and will have the shack before bed. really not liking the shakes too much either, they seem to be permanently lumpy! ah well, ill just whisk it more today and neck it down quick so i cant taste it. it doesnt matter what it tastes lke i guess, its all about what my body needs, not what i want. essentially thats my problem with food, i eat because it comforts me and the food tastes nice. the cambridge food tastes bad or just about bareable but its doing wonders for my body. it makes me think that when i do start on normal food when im close to goal i'll be eating what my body needs and NOT what i need. will take a while to unlearn that though!

midnight - completed day 2! so proud of myself :)

water - hard to say, loads, probably 4 litres!!
day 2 - 95% (had a diet coke at lunch)

Last edited:
Hope you have a good day!!

not sure how you feel about the shakes but I find that they are really hard to get the lumps out of. I add lots of ice to the shaker, add water, the powder, stir well and then shake. Seems to get rid of the lumps. For the soups, I use a balloon whisk to make sure the powder all dissolves.

hope you are doing s well today
I often have my 'food' in half amounts so I have what seems like 6 amounts
mostly I have my shakes in coffee half at a time
it goes along way to disguising the artificial taste of them :)

Hi Bev, Just wanted to pop into your diary and wish you the best of luck with your CD journey. It will be the best thing you ever do my life has been transformed in 3 months.

I put £50 away for every stone and I'm pretty sure most of that will go on bras - oh how I long to wear pretty bras lol.

Hope day 2 has gone ok for you xx

thanks guys, its going brilliantly so far, i really don't think i'd have gotten half as far without you lot to turn to. just reading your diaries inspires me. i think you're all amazing women :)

Day 3
1pm - i read somewhere that day 3 and 4 are meant to be the hardest of the lot, so i'm thoroughly prepared for a difficult weekend! i wonder how you tell if you're in ketosis, do you just know? i read somewhere that people in ketosis can taste it on their tongue. i got up and had the most foul taste in my mouth, even after brushing my teeth it's come back! but i don't feel all giggy and high like people in ketosis are meant to feel. i have a dull ache at the back of my head. i don't feel hungry though, but maybe that's because i only woke up 30 minutes ago and i never feel hungry when just i wake up.

don't really have any plans for this weekend, except watching the world cup final at my parents on sunday. deliberately kept my diary free as i expected to be going through hell this weekend. atm it doesnt feel that bad though. think i'll make my porridge, have a bath and then maybe have a walk later. when thomas gets back from decorating i expect we'll chat lots tonight too and play some games. thomas is pretty much my best friend in the whole world, the only problem is he lives in amsterdam and as yet ive never met him. next year i'm going to visit him, hopefully in july, when i'll be my ideal weight, i guess thats one of my main motivations apart from doing this for my health. i'm falling in love with him. and i know how crazy that is, because i've never met him, but we've been friends for over a year now and we spend at least 3hrs of every day together, sometimes we fall asleep together on skype chatting. he's perfect, in every way, its just that i'm fat and im too scared to tell him *sigh* :/

anyways, thats all going to change, day 3 already! :) im SO excited for next thursday night when i get weighed, it will be 8 days from my start so i should have a decent loss to show i hope. its funny how thursday nights standing on a woman i barely know's scales will become the highlight of my week! lol

6pm - today has been really hard for me so far, had my chocolate tetra (actually tasted nice!) and leek and potato soup so far. wtill have berry shake and porridge to get through later. have done bare minimum today, feel as if i have no energy. tomorrow evening imgoing to my parents to watch the world cup final, apart from that i plan on doing next to nothing all weekend. im hoping by the time work comes again on monday i'll have a lot more energy *crosses fingers*. havent had much at all so far. going to reintroduce exercise in my second week.there is a swimming session just after i visit my CDC on thursday night so i think i'll make it a habbit to go to that one every week, will introduce more swimming and walking into my routine as i get used to my new diet.

8.30pm - wow, i think im over the worst of it now! today has quite literally felt like hell on earth! now im starting to feel like i have more energy, i dont feel ravenous and i dont feel dizzy. just sat eating my 3rd CD meal of the day, that porridge that tastes like baby food. im feeling really really proud of myself. this diet is the hardest thing (for me) that i have ever had to do in my life. give me a degree to do or anythin involving my brain and i'd find it easy (well, relatively, lol) but food or exercise is where i have ALWAYS struggled. i know its only 3 days, but i feel liek im getting some control back in my life :)

"treated" myself tonight to some sparkling water, lol, i really think ketosis might be starting to slip in now as im feeling ALIVE again! how awesome! woot! :)

10.30pm - just about to make the berry shake, my final CD meal of the day! today has bee a toughie and tbh im glad its over with! it reminds me that its important i never go off plan as getting into ketosis again is incredibly tough mentally. thankfully im feeling lots better now :) yey!

after tomorrow i'll have broke the back of my first week on CD. it should be a lot easier once im back at work again, having so much free time at weekends makes it harder if anything to stick to plan. i find myself looking forward to bein busy again, looking forward to swimming on thursday night. also i cant WAIT until my first weigh in on day 8!! :) im really excited and positive now. tomorrow will be pretty cool too, world cup final i hope netherlands win!

water - 3 litres
day 3 - 95% (damn diet coke can - last one in though, really am cutting it out from tomorrow!)

Last edited:
Day 3 was my hardest just keep glugging the water and you'll be fine! You're doing so well so far :)

Hi, glad day three is progressing well. I was close friends with someone who I hadn't met "in person" for nearly ten years- we just spoke on the phone, emailed, and snail mailed. Great distance-one end of Oz to another separated us. We finally met face to face earlier this year, which was fantastic, but we already knew each other. What does Thomas do?

ooh, that must have been brilliant to finally meet up :) thomas is at uni in amsterdam studying some computer course atm. next summer when he has his vacation i'm going to fly over the amsterdam and meet him! sooo excited! it's his birthday on december 31st so that will be the day i book my ticket! hoping by next jun/july time i'll have lost all the weight in time to see him. i do plan on telling him i'm big at some point, i kinda already have and he says he doesnt care about my sixe its whats on the inside that counts. im still gonna lose 13stones though! lol :)

Day 4
11.30am - i think im in ketosis!! woke up at 10.30am before my alarm feeling really good. didn't feel hungry or anything, no light-headedness, full of energy, it was so nice. i'm pleasently suprised that after 3 days on this diet i'm not dead, let alone feeling so good, lol. i really think im over the worst now, carb withdrawl etc.

i've deliberately not weighed myself on my home scales so i don't get obsessed with it. i can't think of anythign worse than going through a particularly hard day to see the next morning that i weigh the same or due to water retention have gained a pound etc. screw that, it'd much rather just get weighed at my CDC's place every week and see decent losses. i mention that now because this mornign when i woke up i actually felt lighter, physically, and it made me wonder how much i'm going to lose this week! some people on here have made truely amazing week 1 losses - 10lbs, 12lbs, 14lbs - i honestly cant imagine making anything like that. really i know i shouldnt even bother wondering about this, afterall if im sticking to the diet 100% its not in my control whether i lose 4 or 14lbs. i'd lose to have a steady loss of 4/5lbs a week, that'd be perfect, it'd get me to my goal in under a year too. ahh, now im dreaming, me being 10 stone *daydreams*

well, its a gorgeous sunny day outside, once ive caught up on the forum im gonna sunbathe for an hour i think. then have a nice bath, chat to thomas n get ready for going over to ym parents for the footie. they've been really supportive about me doing the CD, im quite suprised actually how well everyone in my life has taken it. my workmates are all extremely supportive and so are my friends and family. i really am lucky as by the sounds of it other people have experinced really judgemental attitudes about "this crazy diet" etc.

4pm - well soonas i said thsat the sun went behind a cloud, can't say im that disappointed though, its cooler today which is nice and theres a decent breeze. CD meal 2 of the day was that spicy tomato soup, which i really enjoyed first time round. this time it made me feel nauseous. im REALLY looking forward to solids in week 3, INCREDIBLY muchly! im not going to have the bars every day, they are very slightly higher in calories (20 or so i think) but will be really useful to eat on the days i'm working, i wont be getting in the house till 6pm so i think it'd be best to have 1 CD meal before i leave and 2 at work, then i can have my final one about 8pm or something. anyways, look at me planning away, need to make it to week 3 first!

11pm - another day all done, shame about netherlands losing. was very weid though that the ref for the world cup final used to work with me, small world, lol!

day 4 - 100%
water - 4 litres +

Last edited:
I too never dreamt of such a week 1 loss, but I think you'll have a lovely surprise when you get on the scales.

It is a good feeling isn't it, a very 'bouncy' sensation, I love it :D

You are doing a great job, keep up the good work!

I know when you are in ketosis you don't feel hungry, but do you also feel a sense of well being?

I was thinking of your trip to meet Thomas- the night before we were about to fly to my friends city, I rang her to confirm our arrival time, and during that conversation revealed that we are both vegetarian. It was so strange, because we've talked about everything, but clearly not that. We only spent 24 hours together, but it was everything I'd hoped for and more. We got to have a meal with her daughter and son in law, which was great, 'cause I'd heard so much about them. After my husband went to bed, we stayed up late, late, late talking and gossiping, so much fun!

Back