beware!!

popsicle

Just thought I would let you all know that I bought an M&S count on us Asian salad with rice & prawns (sorry, can't remember the exact name) but on the pack it said it was 3 propoints but when I checked the nutritional values using the calculator on my phone, it came out as 7 propoints. Quite a difference. Just wanted to let everyone know. Xxx.

Holy crap! I hope Tesco and Sainsburys ranges arent so far out.....

The Count on Us meal - that sounds like it could be old points, for Discover rather than ProPoints that were printed on the packaging? Good advice to check though, unless its official WW food, I always check, just to be sure :)

Tescos Light Choice range definitely state in the red circle if its Points or ProPoints, on the packaging. I'm not sure if Morrisons Eat Smart range have updated theirs yet, and I don't have a Sainsbury near enough, its 38 miles away so I don't go there :p

I guess they will eventually all change over to the new plan. Seems odd calling it a new plan, its 6 months in now!

It definitely said pro points on the packaging so I presume it was for the new plan. I wonder whether they are aware of how you work pp out. On discover you used saturated fat content, not the total fat content so maybe they did that. Just a guess.

It definitely said pro points on the packaging so I presume it was for the new plan. I wonder whether they are aware of how you work pp out. On discover you used saturated fat content, not the total fat content so maybe they did that. Just a guess.

I think it's more likely a one-off mistake. I've had quite a few of their meals and I always double check, but so far their PP values on the packaging have always been right.

I spoke to my consultant that lots of values are different from books/tracker/shop values when you piut them in the calculator. She told me that due to density and other values which can't always be calcualted that the values given by the calaculator could be too high.She was adamant the tracker values are right and that we shouldn't worry if there us a adifference so we don't need to put everything in the calculator.

I have found Tesco Light choices are nearly always spot on when I check them against the on-line tracker. However I have tried 3 different apps on my phone now for calculating pro points and all of them have produce random and high pro point values compared to the ww site.
So it may be the app you are using:confused:

If the product isn't a weightwatchers product, how do we know they are pointing the food correctly in the first place?

con reckons that to be able to use the pp logo ,ww check the way they calculate the pp and they have to get it right or the licence is revoked.

This is a one off error on Marks and Spencers' part- I discovered it a few weeks ago. Most of the Propoints totals on the M&S Count on Us meals are correct according to the calculator.

I think what they have done is calculated (and shown) the Propoints on the 100g values rather than the pack values.

omg this has really thrown a spanner in the works now, is this why I am struggling on 29 points? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Please don't worry that it's happening all over the place. I routinely do spot checks on M&S and Tesco Lighter Choices meals and I've never had one wrong as far as I can see. The eSource automatically lists the Tesco stuff at 100g unless you click on 'per item' in the drop down, but I think thats the only thing I've come across that's confusing.

Back