Biddy's Bits

Hello

My name is Biddy. I am 62 and although I haven’t been a size 12 dress for over 40 years, my weight has ballooned out of all proportions over the last 7 years. Giving up smoking in 2005 didn’t help much I can tell you. I am now 18 stones. At 5’6” That is much, much too much. I have tried every fad diet under the sun, have lost the weight and then put it back on again. I’m now tackling it from a different direction: Low fat and extra exercise, which at the moment is just walking the dog. Hope to get a ticker before long so that I can see how I’m doing.

Well I must have been doing something right, this past month when I was getting myself into the right mind-set to lose the flab. I got my summer clothes out this morning and I was delighted to find the waist bands much looser than when I put them away, and two skirts that I couldn't get into at all, now fit. This has really fired me up. I might join in with my neighbours this year. Twenty weeks before Christmas day, four of them go on a healthy eating kick to lose 20lbs in 20 weeks.

Hello and welcome :)

congrats on finding the difference in last years clothes, that should be great motivation for you..they will be falling off you in no time!

I too am following a healthy eating plan and exercise routine, doing my own thing! I seem to have done everyone else's 'thing' over many years to lose weight and like you, only gained it back..and then some!

Definately join in with your neighbours when they start the 20 lbs in 20 weeks..perfectly do-able and will make you look and feel so good. In the meantime aim to lose a lb a week (or more!) by yourself..and get a head start on your neighbours hee hee ;)

Good luck, i look forward to chatting with you, keep posting :)

Thank you for your welcome Rose. You have hit the nail on the head; it is certainly a case of 'doing my own thing' I used to be scale obsessed, leaping on them 2 or 3 times a day, but I'm quite the reverse now and it is a liberating feeling. I have really enjoyed reading all the diaries. No matter which diet, or regime, we are on we all have the same goal. Reading all the replies to other diaries shows me what a friendly supportive lot you all are.

You will receive lots of support on here, we all truly understand, the struggles and the successes..and the good days and not so good days!

i have scale hopped before in the past and had to ask hubby to hide the scales from me..until i trained myself to weigh in weekly..now i can pop into the bathroom and ignore them for 6 days of the week!..feels good!
Scale hopping only plays mind games and can be destructive to our moods etc, weight yo yo's so much over the days, with water retention etc, so definately weigh in weekly, same day, same time if poss. My weigh in is every monday morning, naked in the privacy of my own bathroom (obviously!) not a pretty sight!! hee hee

have a good day x

You can hear my scales groan when I get on them Rose. My weigh day will be Sunday mornings

Welcome Biddybumble, and congrats on your good start.

I lost quite a bit of weight with support from this forum so its definitely a great way to get like-minded feedback, reassurance and encouragement.

From reading your posts, something tells me you're going to do it this time!

Back