BIG BOOBS

Bernice

Silver Member
I know there has been a similar thread on here a while back but I am a little disappointed that my boobs have not got smaller in the cup size. I was a 40G (Back ache hell) and now I am 34G which obviously is much better but I just feel so out of proportion. I would seriously consider a breast reduction if I could afford it. Do you think that it is just a case of never being happy with the way we are and I should get over it and embrace my assets??

The way I look at it is, if they are upsetting you so much then you will find the money for a reduction somehow, it will be your number one priority, before clothes, holidays, meals out (after exante, lol!) etc etc. If you truely insist you cannot afford it then its not your number one priority, and isn't ruining your life. That probably sounds brutal, but thats how it was for me - I paid to go from a 30G to a C, but now I exercise so much I'm a B. Had I known then that I wouls not have a family I would have gone smaller, but I was only 21 and decided to go as small as the surgeon could get me without completely detatching the nipple, as this way I would still have a chance of breastfeeding.

What size wouls you like to be? I recently watched a documentary on such procedures on NHS and new guidelines suggest they should only operate on those who say 'get me as small as possible' rather than 'oh I'd like to be a D' etc. If that is how I had been assessed I would have been accepted - I would gladly have had them totally removed had that been offered!

Mine are going at an alarming rate :( ....wish the fat fairy would take it from my bum instead...ive plenty spare there

It's sooooooooooo unfair I have no bum & huge boobs!!!! I think I will just have to get over it and as JoanneM says there are a lot worse problems to have.

MINE HAVE DISSAPEARED TOO.

I know there has been a similar thread on here a while back but I am a little disappointed that my boobs have not got smaller in the cup size. I was a 40G (Back ache hell) and now I am 34G which obviously is much better but I just feel so out of proportion. I would seriously consider a breast reduction if I could afford it. Do you think that it is just a case of never being happy with the way we are and I should get over it and embrace my assets??

Personally I had a constant bad back and was sick of half the population talking to my chest. One of the best things I ever did - both emotionally and physically.

I think you need to write down the pros and cons and seriously think what is best for you

Good luck

xx

was sick of half the population talking to my chest. One of the best things I ever did - both emotionally and physically.

Can't agree more. My only regret is I waited so long! I won't be having children, but if I had happened to have a daughter with the same issue who wanted surgery then I would have found the money for her too.

Breast reduction operations should be banned.

You are entitled to your own opinions of course, BUT, what gives you the right to say that they should be banned?

Rather than making a statement, are you able to provide reasons why you think breast operations should be banned?

I'm assuming that you arent somebody who has back problems due to having large breasts, regardless of whether overweight or not??

Claire....... Calgon Tablet is a MAN so that is explaination enough why he has that opinion, another might be that he likes to be provocative and that's why I chose to ignore his comment. However, to the lovely ladies that have given their invaluable comments and shared their own experiences regarding breast reductions with me............I thank you very much. xx

i was just gonna say because hes a man. lol

I think the replies prove that we are never happy with what we have, those that have lost boobage dont like it, those that keep all theirs don't like it either. I think if they cause a problem then its got to be your choice to reduce, but consider getting a professional bra fitting first (and i'm not on about M&S or debenhams etc) The perfect bra could make all the difference

Reduction was something I considered at 17 as I had big boobs but no hips, I was a 32F with 25 inch waist and 30 inch hips, I looked comical. Nearing 18 I developed hips which balanced me out...I now love my boobs, and thru all my weight gain they have stayed pretty much the same size so I'm hoping I don't lose too much off them as the weight comes off...so far kept them intact.

another might be that he likes to be provocative and that's why I chose to ignore his comment.

I think thats far more likely to be the explanation!

Try to embrace what you have - but if long term it is a major problem then you should talk to the Doc.
But - it is major surgery - not anything like the same as a breast enhancement - it could cause long term problems in its own right and compromise your health as well.

But I guess like lots of elective surgery - all the pros & cons have to be fully weighed up.

Really good advice about ensuring you get a really good properly fitting bra as well by the way - it can transform how you look & feel.

Hope you find a way forward that you feel comfortable with.

the first place i put on weight is my boobs, i'm normally a 36GG so i know what you mean when you say bad back, bad neck, bad everything! i hoping that they'll shrink (just a bit) as i lose the weight xx

Mine are 34GG (36H before losing the 23lbs I have so far!) and so they've got a bit smaller but not much. I know what you mean and they can be really annoying - I get sore shoulders and the back of my neck seems to go numb a lot, not to mention underwear shopping and trying to find nice clothes that fit!
Breast reduction is a really big op to have though, there's a lot of tissue they take away and a lot of disturbance to your body. It takes a long time to get over and obviously results are usually really good, but even with the best surgeon in the world there are all the risks that go along with an operation and the healing process afterwards, and the risks of how it might look after as well.
I know it's horrible to always wear bras with big straps and 4 hooks at the back, but they do seem to help support them better, and there are exercises you can do to strengthen your back and shoulders and pectoral muscles which will give better support all round for them and help with posture.
If they don't get any smaller after losing weight and it's having a big effect on your life then consider the operation!

Back