Big Boys Need Love Too!

hey guys how are you all doing???? Soooooo soooo sorry I've not been round..but i am sure I wasn't missed that much. Anyway, just wanted to have a pop on and see what was shakin'. Not even read the 10 pages of stuff since i was last on...*LOL* but gem, elle, abz, taz, tyn, silence, and claire and anyone else i forgot about....how's you?

Hey I just finished reading it all....man and I thought I talked a lot! *LOL*

Tyn: great work on your cding...how did you do at your first WI? I only liked a few flavours and used to drink about 4+ litres a day of water...and once your body catches up you won't pee so much. but your doing well.

Elle, pic looked great...you looked like you enjoyed to cake! hehehe...doin well i see

Gem...great work on the squatters...and looks like you have loads on your plate at the moment. but glad to see other areas are going well.

Taz...how have you been feeling? Take it your illness went away in good time then? But I am doing well thanks for asking.

Claire...wow...don't envy the diy stuff....i hate messes...*LOL*

abz...I see you're still loosing..and that is great...you'll get to where you want to as long as you get there it doesn't matter if it is by christmas....

Me: well with one thing or another i have been busy. Finaly had a b it of a break...but MIL had some kind of health problem the the week before last and was in hospital for a night and then my house for over a week. I think the woman didn't want to leave. But luckily for me, I took the little one with me and I went to visit a mate in london. Went to the baby show...got free stuff and had a bit of a break. it was nice accept she wasn't at the staition to get me and I had to walk 20 minutes to her house. Which wouldn't have been too bad, but I was carrying a 3.5 stone duffle bag and a stone back pack...and pulling my 3 year old...so I wasn't too impressed when I got there. But it was a nice break.

um...I have a scan on thursday so i should know exactly how far along I am. I had a blood test last week, which btw was not a fasting one...for my thyriod and something else....anyway they called me in london to say that my blood sugars were high and they wanted to do another blood test (fasting) on monday. I think i am fine, but diabetes does run in the family and it could cause compliation during my pregnancy. But EMO i think it might have something to do with the fact that about 30 mintues before i had the test I had a big bowl of frosted shreaded wheat with extra sugar on them!! *LOL* anyway hopefully i won't hear anything from them which means i am ok. Plus next week I have an appoitment with a consultant...so he can tell me I am fat and as a fat mother I am causing harm to myself and my baby, and I should gain not an ounce during my pregnancy. Which will make me feel great. Then on friday we are off on holiday...so it is all go here. *LOL*

I really hope y'all are doing well...and hope to be on more ....

p.s. what is this "meeting" all about...birmingham...not too sure how hard or easy it would be to get there....and would be it for a day a few hours....just 20 mintues...for how long?

I still have a cough but feeling much better thanks Jenn. Not too sure about the meeting in Birmingham

glad to hear your better....don't even want to talk about the weight. But will say that whilst i have put on...the last two days I have lost...so i am happy about that....about at a 12lb gain at the moment....which in reality is under what i thought i would have gained. Something happened with my body optimse member ship..which i think has something to do with my cancelling my card and getting a new...one. But to be honest...i know what foods and combos i should have on slimming world much better now...and i have the books and paper...so saving £20 is a must at the moment, as over the next 6 months it all adds up. still trying to decide it is would be possible to have a private birth as i want my own room. I had one last time, but I think that was pure luck. And not to mention they left me in labour for 3 days even though my waters had broken before I even went to the hospital. So I still have issues. And then I saw a programme the other night that just made me angry. Again it was about big mothers and birth/pregancy. And the voice over guy kept saying things like...."and Fat mum and their FAT babies" etc...I wanted punch him one. They made it all sound like bigger mum's and mum's to be all sit around stuffing their faces with junk all day! I mean hell i know i am not here cuz i ate tons of salad, but I rarely ever eat take away or processed foods...and eat lots of fruits and veg and don't even or very seldom ever drink sodas only water....and it angers me when gernalisations are made. And people think I am going to turn my son into a fat kid. If anything I make sure he eats well and doesn't have that problem. it only helps to fuel the fire of people thinking badly of overweight people and mothers in particular. I am not perfect, but you what, I am a damn good mother....better mother than I ever had myself and my some feels loved, happy, cared for, and important. Fat or not...There are plenty of skinny or normal sized mothers who are shitty mothers, have no time fir their kids...feed them crap, talk to them like crap, and them expect everyone else to pick up the slack. And mothers like me who are larger, get critised....! makes me sick!!

Ok sorry rant over....just emotional.

Anyway guess who I saw last night.....Steve Coogan!! he did a his first gig in norwich...first gig in 10 years....it was funny...shame the baby kept making me want to puke though! *LOL*

Hi everyone. It's been a crap day at school - no control anywhere!! My afternoon call was out when I arrived and I came back to.... more chaos for a change.

As far as the gate is concerned, I tried to get a notice put on it highlighting the problem but they thought it should say, "Mind your head Gem". I still have a bump on my head and I'm not amused.

Elle - I'm a Learning Mentor and yes it does involve a lot of one-to-one work x

Jenn - Fantastic to see you back with us x

Taz - I used to work evenings doing youth work. It was fun but I missed having the evenings. I hope you enjoyed your day off x

Tyn - Sorry you've had a difficult day. Maybe tomorrow will be better for you x

Have a lovely evening everyone :)

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

We have been promised a good day weather wise today so I hope I can take a break in my busy schedule to enjoy some of my day off :character00238:

Jenn - I know exactly what you mean about the "fat mum" thing. I have seen both sides of that one. I was an overweight child and a I slimmed down in my teens. When I had my children I piled on the weight again and then lost it. I was lucky that I was never considered a fat mum at pregnancy and childbirth stage but I still battled with my weight as my kids grew up.

My kids were brought up with healthy eating and exercise and I was very keen to teach them the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

In my working life, however I see some children who are very obese and have no idea at all of healthy choices. When you meet the family it becomes obvious that the problems you see with the child have been handed down through the generations.

The difficulty comes when the second example I gave becomes the general perception of what happens when an overweight mum has kids. As we both know that can be a long way from the truth.

Overweight mums are at greater risk of complications during pregnancy, we all know that but (and there is a but) that risk can be greatly reduced if the mum looks after herself and goes for regular medical checks.

Many overweight mums give birth to perfectly healthy babies all the time but they do not make interesting material for the documentary makers and journalists so carry on with you healthy happy pregnancy Jenn and keep making your healthy choices and look forward to the safe birth of a beautiful baby x :)

Tyn - I hope you have a good day today. We're all here for you x :hug99:

Taz - Have a good morning and I hope your late shift goes well x :)

Elle - I hope you feel better soon x :sick:

:missing:​

Abz - Where are you? I hope you are OK x :confused:

Claire - Are you still up to your neck in DIY? x :confused:

Gosh, I've written an essay - sorry everyone, I didn't mean to do that.

:character00238: Have a fantastic day everyone :character00238:

good morning everyone. i'm still here. my mum has been visiting from scotland so i've been awol for a while... and my diet hasn't exactly been top notch either. so i'm sole sourcing it until my next meeting on tuesday to try and speed things up a bit!! have already apologised to OH for chaos this will cause.. ha.

gem. your poor head. get it assessed for health and safety.

tyn. amazing loss babes!! congratulations. don't worry. another week and you'll be able to have the bars to chew on :D

jenn!! great to see you again :D sorry to hear about the MIL saga but glad all is well. enjoy the scan and seeing the blob :D

elle. what you up to missy? you got over the choccy cake yet?

i'm off to have some coffee now. i made a cafetiere a while back but forgot to get myself a cup. doh!! back at work again. brain totally not working!!

abz xx

thanks Gem.

Wow see I am up early. Went to bed early as I was was too tired to stay up too late. Poor OH got up at 12:30am because I was snoring to bad! *LOL* but I told him, he should have told me and I would have gone to the spare room, or it's not like he can't go there, but my cousin spooked him by saying he thought there was a ghost in there. What a sucker!! I don't believe in that stuff, although I do believe in spirits...I don't think there is some ghost hanging round my house just to mess with the head of people sleeping in that room or to go BOO. I have slept there many a time and my son with me and nothing EVER happened. I figure if you want your sleep go in there. But I had to get up for my middle fo the night loo trip and noticed the lights on...and poof there he was working cause I was snoring....felt so guilty! *LOL* But now some 4 hours later I am up again....as LU is going to be going to nursery. SO what is everyone up to today? Plans...hmmm....not too sure what my plans are today...may get up in the attic and see if I can pull the christmas stuff round so it is ready before hand and OH doesn't have to search. And get teh suitcases for next week and make my list of stuff we need. Also have to still chase those idiots about my useless cross trainer, and the famour mis-manufactured piece, find new home insurance as direct line want to charge me the some of £700+ for the year, which is practicall doubt last year. I can't figure it out....I don't knwo why. But if I go to them online and make a NEW policy....it is half the price....Do they think I am a sucker. Not to mention I am going to search for a new energy supllier not that I think that is going to be easy. I am with british gas and their click 5 energy plan.....they are going to raise the prices now by electric 47% AND GAS 21% I already pay £350 a month for both so I am dreading even thinking about the what the payments might be soon. UUUUHHHH and right before christmas the theiving b****rds! And I have only done my christmas shopping for the LU...just need to get a couple of little bits for him and I am sorted. OH is buying his own stuff as he knows what he wants and where to find it....so am I but I am going to also get him a LITTLE something to open on the day.MIL...oh maybe get her a piece of coal! *LOL* and just a little something for a few friends and family....But not too sure what just yet....something over the internet that can be delivered without me paying up the bum for postage from here....so amazon here I come! *LOL* ahhh....do not doing much today! *LOL*

christmas shopping?? oh my god!! ha. it's far too early to be thinking of that!! we aren't getting presents for the danish lot this year as we aren't seeing them. might send them something by interflora or something. they are big on flowers and that's what they do for me every year for my birthday :)

my family is rather large so we tend to just buy for the kids. and then the OH is the other one. not sure what to get him either. since we are both completely skint i doubt we'll be getting much...

abz xx

Good to see you Abz - I'd forgotten about your mum visiting.

Jenn - you are up early haha!

I have got a few bits and bobs for Christmas and enjoying buying for 3 year old grandson this year cos it's fun! x

yeah abz...have to get the stuff early...other wise it sells out or people charge stupid prices for it. Beside most of the people I buy for are in the US and if I buy the stuff here I have to send it early so it is there on time. And if I buy on-line...it is easier...and i get cheaper prices for it being done sooner. Beside I hate procrastation, and like to get on top of what I am doing....
I think the only thing I am not picking for myself is my birthday present, I am limiting us to £100 each this year as we normally go nuts...and nex thing you know £800's later I am still buying.And the stuff I want is for the house or things I like and can pass down. But then again I may change my mind and just get stuff for the baby and not acutally get for myself...I have more than anyone could ever want really so, all this stuff is just fluff!

Morning all, off to WI in a mo then back here for breakfast and a chill out before a yukky late shift!

sorry jenn. just haven't really had the chance. i'll be there with bells on at some point though... not sure i can remember my logon ID though...

abz xx

taz glad to hear it...I am hoping for that or maybe a loss this week... So far I have lost about 3 lbs...but I am not sure it will be sustainable. I am not trying to lose..it is just that I haven't had anything once I have eaten my tea...or I eat a piece of fruit so I am not gaining like I was before...Thank goodness.!

Back