Big Boys Need Love Too!

Well food wise I have been a bit up and down today. I didn't have breakfast as I got up too early to want anything and then when I did I had no bananas. So we took LU to nursery, went to homebase to get a few things and morrisons. Got home and had some fresh polish bloomer bread with a little cream cheese. It was low fat cream cheese and the bread was super thin and not big pieces, followed by 2 bananas. For lunch LU and I had some soup ( tomato for me) and a bit more bread ( been craving it) and with a little bit of butter. ( Not a huge fan of tons of the butter). Then LU and took a nap for 2 hours about 2 hours later after playing. When we got up we wanted a snack, so I had an apple and 3 clemintines. And for dinner I had a steak, with a jack spud ( which i over indulged in with a bit of butter, lower fat cheese, sour cream and salad bacon bits) Just all in moderation, with some broccoli, and a small bowl of mixed salad with about 1 tsp of dressing as that was all that was left in the bottle.

Wow now that I wrote that down it's a lot of food. *LOL* Oh well....most of it was healthy with a little bit of treat....but at least I my fruit and veg in...oh forgot I had a small glass of orange juice in the morning...so that is about 7 fruits and veg, carbs and protien and starches and some fats....all should be ok. *LOL*

well that growing baby of yours needs all the food groups jenn :D

i get to go home in a couple of minutes. woohoo :D

abz xx

Morning all, I had abusy day yesterday so didn'y get chance to get on here. Well I only have a 6.5 hour shif today so that will be good. Yesterday my manager asked me if I would take another guard with me for the next 2 days. She used to be a guard but has been on restricted duties for a long time and has just retrained and he wants her to shadow someone to get her used to being a guard again. And he asked me?! I've only been a guard since July so i hope I am up to the challenge!

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Well, halfway through the week already and only 2 days off weigh in. I have stuck to my healthy eating with no treats but don't know if it's gonna budge. I hope it does cos I'm only 3lb off 2st loss and I'd like to get that by the end of the month but it will happen when it happens. I've come a long way with healthy eating and I'm not gonna compromise my health and well-being just to reach a target.

On the plus side, my clothes are getting much baggier and those size 20 bottoms are almost comfy enough to wear now AND one or two of my tops are now size 18 :)

Jenn - Keep on eating healthy food. Your baby will really benefit and you will be healthier at the end of your pregnancy. The baby will take what it needs from you and leave you with what's left for your own nutrition. If you keep up the healthy eating you both benefit :) x

Abz - What a long day you had yesterday. I hope you have been well rewarded for your time and effort :) x

Taz - Ha ha you beat me to it again. What a compliment being asked to allow someone to shadow you at this early stage. They must be confident in your ability - Give yourself a "Yay Me" :) x

By the way Taz, do you know whether you will be able to get the 29th off for the meet? I hope you can as it would be good to travel up together :) x

:character00238: Have a good day everyone :character00238:

good morning everyone. taz. that's great. it shows real confidence in your abilities. well done :)

gem. you'll get those lbs off. you're doing well :D

as for me. well i'm up and about because just as i was falling back to sleep this morning i rolled over and smacked my head really hard into the radiator. and then remembered something i hadn't done at work last night like i was supposed to. ha. does that say something about my brain function? maybe i should carry a club around to hit myself over the head on a regular basis. so i had to get up to email work to ask them to do what i forgot to do last night as we have some new starters this morning and i forgot to complete part of their logon profile. oops.

my head is now killing me too.

so i'm tired. weight has at least stayed the same today and hasn't gone up. hoping for some downward movement tomorrow. doing cd whilst working long shifts is a real sod!!

i may go back to bed shortly and read my book.

abz xx

:character00238: Morning all, just wanted to pop on & say hi!

Welcome back Jenn! :D

Having a few family issues so have not been round much the last couple of days but very pleased to say I've managed not to comfort eat which is what the "old" me would have done.

Anyway hope you're all well & have a great day. x x

Frijj...thanks. Good work on not going back to old habits!

Taz...well done to you. You should take it as a compliment. Your boss obviously feels are a great worker and a good example of how to do the job to others...so what an excellent opportunity. You never know...doing these little jobs like that can help you progress in your job too.

Abz...OUCH!!! done that myself years ago. We used to have our bed near the wall and guess which mug got the wall side! *LOL* And I was sleeping and whacked my head full force into the brick wall, not only was it like the paparazzi were in my bedroom, but I had a great big knot on my head for about a week. For me it is always bed time when I all the stuff I needed to do. Or when I want to talk my head off to my OH. But the good thing is you remembered.

Gem...well done for keeping your week treat free. I am sure those 2lbs will shift themselves. 2 stone here you come. And great on your pants fitting looser. You'll be in 18's before you know it=-)

Well not too many plans today. OH is finishing up some stuff...I have my gluclose test tomorrow which I hate as I am scared of needles, and they have to take 3 samples....one of the last time they did this it took the girl a total of 16 times to get my 3 samples...and needless to say, it didn't help my phoebia. One thing i will say is having babies doesn't help either as they are always poking and proding me for samples. But worth the price. I just can't wait till new years now so i know the sex of the baby. Every is convinced we are having a girl as I am carrying differently than last time. But then I think it's cuz everyone wants me to have a girl. But if we have a boy, I will get more use out of my son's stuff! *LOL* But then I do love having boys. We shall see. We are certain that is he is a boy we are going to name him Christopher, and the middle name was going to be the same as my son's, which is his father's first name, but after thinking about it a lot, I offered my husband a little something. See his best friend died about 4 years ago from a diabetes related condition. He always believed that he helped us have our first son, and still misses him terribly. So I thought as a loving gesture, we could have our son's middle name after him. Which is Scott. I am not keen on it as a first name, but a middle name would be nice. In addition, scott's little brother is like a little brother to us, we care for him too and my OH watched him grow up into the great man he now is. As it happens his name is Christopher. So naming our son after both of them, seems like the right things to do. Chris has always been a good boy. I met him when he was 15 and he was a good looking boy, didn't brush his teeth much, but other than that a sweet good looking guy. And even now he is great. He was so protective of me when we went for a visit back to manchester when we went to a United game. I was 6 months PG as the time and he was helping me up the stairs with my OH and making sure people didn't knock me over, and helping me down the stairs and even protecting me on the tram, which I thought was all very sweet. And the weird thing too is that whilst my OH feel his best friend sent us our son, it happens too that our son and Chris's daughter are both born on the same day, exactly 1 year apart. So we shall see.

morning all. looks like elle here is on a plateau. i'm finding it hard to get down the 12s. but like you said gem, it happens when it happens. there's not chance i'll reach my overall target by christmas but im hoping to get closer.

Gem how's the taking pics thing going for you? I might start it up tomorrow and see lol.

Jenn, that sounds like a lovely gesture to both chris and scott :) When my mum was pregnant with her 3rd child (i was 9) we all thought it was going to be a boy - everyone was saying oh, you're carrying it differently, your tum looks different this time round. i think it's just that we wanted a boy because our close family is devoid of them - 1 boy amongst 7 first cousins. Obviously, it turned out to be girl, who recently turned 14 which is VERY weird for me! haha. Would you call her Christina if it's a girl? That's my middle name. My mum's called Chrystella, and traditionally with greeks you're supposed to name your kids after their grandparents...but I don't think i'm going to carry that one on, only with middle names.

Taz your boss obviously thinks you're ready for your challenge! I totally agree with Jenn. Good luck :) xxx

Abz that Paul McKenna thing has actually sent me to sleep a couple of times so i really would suggest lying down haha. You sound much chirpier today :)

Sorry if i've missed anyone out x

hello again chaps. i'm at work now and everyone has gone out to buy lunch so i'm holding the fort. good job i was here early really ey? ha. so they could vanish to tesco.

jenn. i think that is a lovely gesture with the names. now you just need to think of a girl's name just in case :) my best mate finds out the gender of her baby on the 8th january i think it is. beginning of in any case. it's all rather exciting.

elle. well i know where you are coming from on the plateaux stakes. grrr. you'll get closer by christmas. no worries. i didn't know you listened to paul mckenna... i listened to it again last night and OH fell asleep almost instantly until it finished and he was like 'woooah'. ha. made me laugh. listened to it again this morning to send me back to sleep. worked like a charm. don't know if it will help me get thinner but it's certainly helping my sleeping habits :D and my stress levels too i think. unfortunate it goes against dieting as what i am doing now is definately that!! ha. am looking forward to giving it a proper shot though.

hopefully OH will be able to pop into morrisons on the way home today and get me some roast chicken from the rotisserie. i'm struggling with ss on my late days as i have to make it through so much longer, so some chicken tonight would be nice :) am really looking forward to it so i hope he manages it!!

abz xx

I love that chicken from morrisons, yum yum yummmm. yeah i did his diet in my 3rd year at uni, lost about 3/4's of a stone and kept most of it off. only, it was too slow and i didnt feel like i was achieveing anything so i decided on this. However, it really is an excellent way to get 40 winks...it should be prescribed to insomniacs! haha.

I hope i get over this plateau soon, i think maybe next week i should reduce my calorie intake? what do we think? x

how many are you having at the mo babes? if you go on weightlossresources.co.uk you can enter your height and weight etc and they can tell you how many calories you need to eat to maintain and how many to lose 2lb a week etc. might be worth looking on some sites like that?

i am tempted to ask thomas to bring the chicken to work for me but it's in the other direction *sigh*. ha. ah well. i'll have it when i get home. will be cold by then though :( and it probably isn't really helping my weight loss as i am now convinced that i am having toilet troubles since i haven't 'been' for quite some time now. not that you do much with cd as you don't eat much... but it seems to be a very very long time... can't remember actually... hmm.

abz xx

Afternoon all. Well my 'shadow' turned up a bit late and was determined to do things she wasn't supposed to be doing which was a little awkward for me as she has been in the job for years and I have only been in it for months! But it was a good day anyway

ooh that was my problem lol. well, it still is, but i'm resigned to the fact that it's just how I am. my whole family have problems with their digestive systems, i just think it's naturally weak, only works well in the summer in cyprus when it's nice and warm (in fact my theory is along the lines of the good bacteria working well in the heat but now it's cold they're screwing up a bit). Ask your CDC if there's anything to worry about. It may be that alongside your looming totm that meant you gained when you did, when really it might not be all that bad. Me, i'm trying to eat more activia, even if it is 87 cals a pot and i prefer skinny cow icecreams:p heehee

in terms of cals, i dont count them, just check how many there are in what im eating when i can, so i generally keep check of my intake. So lets say that generally I'm under or at 600 cals during the day, then i have my evening meal and whatever else i have at home. Yesterday i had around 580 cals during the day. Then I went home, had a mug with some veggie soup i made the other day (as i was starving) and then 1 bowl (not quite full) of mushroom risotto that my mum made. After that i had a handfull of blueberries and grapes and a satsuma. I have no idea how many cals were in that lol. I'll check out that website see what it says xxx

lol, weight loss resources has told me that the lowest weight i can be to be healthy is 9st 13 3/4 lbs. hahahaha. so 10 stone then. apparently i need to be on around 1206 cals a day to acheive a 2lb a week loss. How do i find out how many calories are in my evening meal lol? grrrr...

honey, if you don't want to calorie count then don't. at your height i would say 10 stone is too low for you. what do you want to get to?

if you choose healthy options and cooking methods, and watch your portions, which you seem to be doing, then you should be ok. might be worth counting cals for a day or two though. just so you can work out whether you are eating more than you think...

you're doing really well. glug some more water. that always helps :)

abz xx

Yeah water began to piss me off BIG TIME lol i find it so boring now. i was considering having one week where i only eat things that i can calorie count properly, see what happens. I don't want to get to 10 stone, i think i'd look too skinny. the lowest for me would be 11stone i reckon. getting there seems like a million miles but then i remember when i was almost 16 stone and i couldnt see a way out and i think that really it's not all that bad. the most annoying thing that being so tall means my transition through the sizes is incredibly slow. some people lose a matter of a few pounds and go down a dress size. i've gone from 15 stone 12lbs to 12 stone 13lbs and from a size 16-18 to a 14-16 lol. However, back then i suppose i was leaning more towards an 18 whereas now i'm leaning more towards a 14. x

Evening all :)

I am home early tonight having even gone to the shops on the way home. The reason for this is that I still have counselling sessions left over from when I was off sick and I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to off-load the issues from work. The session was at 2pm and not far away from where I live so I finished at 3pm and only had a few miles to get home :)

I took two nets of clementines into work this morning for the staff room table. Then one of the LSA's came back from a visit and brought two bags of fun-size - malteasers and dairy milk. I'm glad to say that I'm still treat free - but oh it was hard :)

Abz - Ouch!! You'll have to move the bed so that it doesn't happen again. I sometimes have 2am lightbulb moments
icon3.gif
they're so annoying - they keep you awake for fear you'll forget again :)

Elle - I reckon you might be a bit low on calories, not high. If your evening meals are healthy options, think about increasing or having a healthy desert. Don't let your body go into starvation mode cos it'll start squirilling away the calories to lay down fat against famine :)

Jenn - I think it's lovely that you are remembering someone dear to you both and having his name as your child's middle name. Good for you :)

Taz - Sounds like a nightmare shift to me - well done for getting through it :)

Frijj - Sorry to hear you've had problems. I hope everything will be alright for you soon. Well done for avoiding the pitfalls and........
:) Friday Girls
Ready to Rock on Friday :)
Have a lovely evening everyone :) x

Back