Big Boys Need Love Too!

yeah abz they're ok lol, just a normal train station. being central theyre actually making it bigger because it is not big enough haha. but it all runs as smoothly as you'd expect for trains!

what we can do is from New Street, i'll come and meet the ones who want to come, since i'll have parked up somewhere. You know, if my car was bigger i wouldve said we could all clamber in and go somewhere but i've only got a 4 seater ka! haha. from newstreet you can walk directly across the road and into the bullring.

you know what i've just thought, how are we going to organise food? haha. since we're all on different diets? i suppose we'll just have to do our own thing where that's concerned. there are plenty of coffee shops where we can sit and have a drink, ermmmm, obviously lots of shops. is there anything the rest of you want to do?

xxx

Abz I didn't know we lived so close! lol.

And i am good to meet around December time, would be fun to all meet up, maybe do some shopping or something. We will have to ignore a night out i think, as I can't drink, nor can Jenn! Dunno what we could do, but i bet whatever it is, is fun! lol

i think sitting and nattering is going to be top of the menu!! i'm up for that elle. to go from there to anywhere else takes an extra couple of hours and £20 so i'm quite happy to stay in birmingham... ha. i've never been either :)

i didn't either tyn. we could have a mini-meet :)

i think we could all quite happily sit and drink coffee and talk forever. you know what we are like!! if it's in december can it be in the first bit because after the 15th my shifts get dicky...

yep sure cos everyone just gets really busy the closer you get to chrimbo lol. i presume we would do this on a saturday? ooh ive just thought of a lovely place we could go and have a drink opposite the hippodrome theatre called the green room. it's within walking distance. :)

tyn and abz, if you guys have a mini meet then i could prob make it :D xx

ok so are we talking either the 6th or the 13th of dec? west brom play portsmouth at home on the 6th but i dont mind missing it for you guys ;) x

Hey you guys this has gone on apace since I've been at work. No way can I do 13th but if it's 6th I'm up for it. We'll have to find out about Taz's shifts - hopefully she will be off and maybe we can travel up together if it works out ok :)

I have never been to Brum (well, passed through on the way to a course in Garstang near Preston and went to a conference at the Motorcycle Museum Conference Centre) and would love to see what it is like. It makes lots of sense to go somewhere in the middle - and you really are in the middle :)

hmmm.....well December is a busy month for me....not sure I could make it then...and remember gem saying she is away a lot in December, too. Tyn...nice thinking batman on the drinking front. At the moment OH doesn't like the idea of me on the train by myself...preggers....and when I mentioned him coming he just looked me...so not sure how I would do this...it may be a meeting without me. But later in the year would be ok as I would have had the baby by then.....but that is just me.

p.s scan went well...I am 12 weeks 1 day....looks like there is a little something on my cervix ( not that you needed to really know) a palop or something and I guess my consultant will speak with me about it when I see him next wednesday. Got a nice pic of the baby though...will post it in a short while.

well I am sorry guys but those dates aren't good for me at all. Besides with me being PG not sure OH is going to like the idea that I am on a train or driving that distance alone. And not overly certain he would be willing to come, it's not his thing, plus with the LU it would drive him nuts being cooped up that long. But the next year idea is good cuz I would have had the baby by then.

And good thinking Tyn , I mean Batman on the alcohol front. =-)

p.s scan went well...looks like I am 12 weeks 1 day. I have an appt on the 31/12/08 to have another scan which I will find out the sex of the baby. So i will definitely have something to celebrate and bring in the new year. Will post my scan in a little bit once OH scans it.

It would be a shame not to have you along Jenn but I totally understand where your OH is coming from - you do have the longest distance to travel too.

If you don't make this one perhaps we can do another one later at somewhere like The Black Country Museum or somewhere like that where the kids have got something to look at. We went to the Black Country Museum with a Playscheme I was running and went on an underground canal trip. A couple of kids "legged it" through the tunnel - Good exercise, perhaps we could do that in the summer x

Has anyone done a PM to Claire to see if she's up for a meet?

Hiya :wavey:

I'm a bit of a lurker on here but I just wanted to say congratulations & that's a wonderful picture. :hug99:x

arrrrrrrrrrrr the minime baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D i think you should call it elleabzgemtyntazclaire minime *include surname*

gem i was looking to apply for a job at the black country museum :D it's one of my favourite places in the world. i am a true black country girl hahaha. yam yam at heart.

xxx

Hi Frijj. Welcome to Big Boys. Come and hang out, it's fun over here x

Jenn - The picture is ace. When I had mine they only did scans if there was a problem but now everyone has one and it's the first piccy for the album. I have my new (unborn) grandson on my phone - how cool is that?
Elle - Poor baby would be bullied sensless if you were choosing the name hehehe. Took kids to the Black Country Museum loads of times - 40 kids aged 5-11 on a coach - lovely. Brought them all back again too!

Back