Big Boys Need Love Too!

yeah gem, my mum is like that too. She always made my clothes...she's make a shirt or dress for herself and them make me something too with the left over material. She used to use those clothes paints too and I haver some pics of stuff she made. She once made me ( when I lived in germany) a beautiful dress what was very much in the german style with the lace up tip and it flared out...I should get my OH to scan it and post it on here. I still have some of my baby clothes in the US and I am hoping my mum will send them over little by little so i can have them if I have a girl. My acutual sewing machine is a toyota, but i was my MIL's first, I perfer singers personally. I think I am kind of like a younger version of my mum. I like the baking and cooking and the crafts stuff but I think that was down to my mum and doing them with her. So maybe if we have a girl it will be the same...or she may hate it. LU loves doing crafts and baking with me. And once the stuff is ready for frosting...he is there in 5 secs. *LOL* I just give him a a spoon and off he goes. Plus when we use the kitchen aid for the cookies and stuff...he is right there waiting to added the ingrediants. Which is why I am so looking forward to christmas...loads of stuff to bake, and with the new oven it should be much easier. See one of my best mates comes over with her kids, my MIL is over too and she watches them all, and her and I get into the kitchen and make sausage rolls and cookies, and then all the kids help to frost them and decorate them. Then they take their lot home and scoff them all...and I send the rest to other friends and neighbours as x-mas gifts. It is a great day....long but great fun!

i'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain jenn. i really hope that you can get something sorted.

look after you.

and i really can't join in the conversations about sewing machines as i haven't used one in years although i'm not bad, ha. my mum used to make me clothes too. if you want to talk about knitting however i'm a dab hand at that :D

abz xx

knitting!! i want to learn!! when i did textiles at school i was so bad at sewing in a straight line my teacher basically told me to forget it haha. which is a shame because my mum's mum is a VERY talented seamstress, she just can't see well enough anymore.

i weighed this morning, because i felt thinner, and it's put me back to 12st 12lbs. im so confused. anyway, im going to put some clothes on, go for a long walk, pick up my mum's medicine and then make her some soup as she has laryngitus and sinusitus and she's feeling very poorly. xxx

i'm an el, like the elle macpherson. ellie is the name of a girl who i never like so always avoided that one lol. so it ended up being shortened to elle at uni. which was strange because my school friends call me elena and my uni friends elle. i think i'd have prefered ella but i suppose you cant have your own way with this kind of thing. lol...x

excellent. it's good to know that my head has been calling you the right thing... i'm sure i asked you this somewhere near the beginning of the thread but i didn't want to have to dredge through it since it's now massive!! ha.

i'm sure we would manage to call you ella if you prefer :D

now we need to decide on where we are going to meet etc...

abz xx

nah i reckon i'd be turning around going, ella? who's she? lol... i just think it's a very pretty name. no, elle will be fine :)

im just going for my walk but ill consider a meeting point en route to the pharmacist lol xxx

Elle - my sewing teacher was horrendous to me too and made me feel like a failure. My response to that was to get a good sewing book when I left school and I taught myself properly AND did good - the old Gem perversity won in the end. x

Ugh i am awake at last lol.

Ok last night was soooo much fun, and i got sooooo smashed lol. We didn't end up going out after all lol, instead we got to my mates house in Manchester, and her boyfriends mates showed up about an hour before we where going to leave, they didn't have enough cash to go out, but we where having such an amazing laugh, we decided to go to Tesco and get more booze, kick back, play on the WII and Xbox360 and have a laugh, and my god did we lol I wasn't all that bad to be honest last night, i stuck to Vodka and Coke Zero (More coke than Vodka, as i knew i was in for the long run lol).

I don't remember laughing so much in such a long time, and they where cuties aswell lol, so that didn't hurt lol. By 4am however, we where all falling asleep, the guys and us got our taxis home, and my and Steph where sharing a Chicken Burger and Chips on platform 14 at Manchester Picadilly together, freezing our asses off trying to get home lol. Finally got into bed about 6am, then couldn't get to sleep for awhile, and finally got up about 1ish. Shamefull i know, but i so can't wait to do it again lol

sounds like you had an awesome night hon :D but you need to decide whether you are doing cd or not because you're going to gain what you've lost if you aren't careful.

hope your head doesn't hurt too much :D

abz xx

I checked this morning, i am down another lb from yesterday morning. I am just wanting next week to get here so i can go back to pure packs, this eating lark has not been a good thing for me, made me weak to the cravings! lol. From monday i am pure CD again.

Tyn - glad you had a good time. Laughter is the best medicine ever - it should be on prescription x

You've all been busy chatting today!

Jenn - Sorry you are having such a rough time, I hope it doesn't get any worse for you

Gem - Sounds like you did quite a bit of damage with that fall!

Elle - I crochet but never took to knitting

We have been out this afternoon to buy a sewing machine. It's not state of the are and not quite basic either. It will be my Christmas pressey from OH. The one I have chosen is the Janome 8077. It is computerised and has 30 pre-set stitch patterns and one step buttonholes. It'll do for me at the moment as I wouldn't have the time to spend playing with the machines I was looking at this morning.

Well, it's hot choc and bed for me now. Night night everyone x

Morning all! Looks like I am the first one today. Too early to write anything interesting so I will be back in 11 hours to report on the day. Seems a major incident took place last night (no idea of the details) so I don't know if that will impact at all on my work for the day, I really could do with an easy day today. Have a good sunday everyone!

hope it isn't too difficult for you taz!!

good morning all. how are we all getting along today? i am feeling like crap. think i'm getting a cold. i have lots of house stuff planned to do today. a wee bit of wallpapering, some painting, maybe some siliconing too if i get around to it.

abz xx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Mr Sun is up and ready for the day. OH has just gone out of the door with some of his toys for a day playing with the big boys with things on wheels :D

Me, I'm gonna go upstairs after breckie and do a clothes audit to sort my size confusion and work out what still fits and what needs to go.

When I've done that I'm off to my mates cos she's got her little grandaughter for the weekend. She's a real cutie, just over a year and a half and very bright. She loves singing and nursery rhymes so I'll take my Granny kit (nursery rhyme finger puppets and hand puppets) and play with her :D Now let me see, who's gonna have the most fun here :p

Taz - I hope your day is a good one - it certainly sounds like a long one :)

Abz - I hope you feel better soon - look on the bright side, this is your Christmas cold - early :)

:character00238: Have a lovely day everyone :character00238:

Hey all...

thanks Taz, hope the incident was not too bad.

Abz, you sound busy today...and you too Gem but sounds like fun.

Well we are off to B&Q warehouse to get a new carpet seeing as my big dumb dog pee'ed all over mine and it is now ruined. Plus we need to get some other bits and pieces and I need to find some kid of guard to put at the bottom of my new oven so it makes it easier to clean. So that should take a couple of hours...Just need to get my list. Other than that I am taking it easy. Just made us some breakfast of Scrambled egg,potato and onion with some american bacon on the side. Trying to get my son to eat his food by himself instead of me helping him so much. He can do, I know he can, but he chooses not to and therefore I end up feeding him. So I have conned him with stickers and cars. *LOL* So he will get a sticker for every meal he eats by HIMSELF in the 30 minutes I have him. Which is plenty of time, so 10 stickers = car or prize. But I am not having too much luck this morning. I am taking the plate from him in the 30 minutes whether he eat it or not. So I am hoping it will teach him. Cuz once they baby comes I am not going to have time to feed him and he will be 4 then so there is not excuse. It is partly my fault really. As I have just given in and fed him when I should have left him to it. So what can I expect. The problem was self inflicted. But I just hope I can solve it soon enough.

I am super chuffed...I have lost almost 3 lbs since wednesday!! YEAH!!! Not that I was trying but I think it is cuz I eating properly now and not having to eat the crap I had to when I was in Malta. So horray!!=-)

Back