Big Boys Need Love Too!

Agreed Gem, but was she a mate or just a house share person. I remember after leaving the Halls of Residence sharing with some really dodgy types, so much so in the end I preferred having my own bed sit.

Hey guys,

Tyn- sue her for the money...it's the way i would do it. The landlord may have her address...or you may be able to look her up.

so how are you all doing? Abz how's the house hunting? Gem you got any gigs coming up? did your daughter give birth already? what have you lot been up to?

Abz - I have come to realize that you don't always know people as you think you do - but that doesn't stop it from hurting when they betray your trust does it x

Jim - you have a point - now I'm wondering about all those dodgy people you shared with - imagination in over-drive x

Jenn - No gigs for a while and believe it or not, still no 3rd grandson. She does that - has difficulty keeping it in then hold on at til the last minute - really wierd x

Hi Jenn,

Gem even in those days a lot of people who went to Uni didn't particularly want to study, 1 guy virtually set himself up in business selling waccy baccy and stuff.

Haha - I was on the folk scene in "those days" and bought a guitar case from someone. It never quite lost is "funny" smell............

LOL, I bet it didn't. Looking back Gem, I'm amazed a how much we got away with really, the police were not very up to speed on recreational drugs then were they. I could walk around Manchester smoking a spliff and no one would even look at me funny.

I was working at a youth club some years ago - there was a disco night on so my colleague and I were sitting on a table near the loos checking that people were not bringing in alcohol.

We started getting a bit giggley and never having a wonderful sense of smell didn't realize there was an "aroma" coming out of the boys loo until my son (also working there at the time) came up and said "What's the matter with you two - can't you smell what's going on in the toilets" and rushed in to sort it out. A whole group had clubbed together to buy a quantity of waccy baccy and the air was full of it!

you daft sods!! ha. i had somebody give me a cookie on my birthday once. i was pretty sure there was weed in it. i have no idea what was actually in it. i went loopy running around the place... i have a feeling there was something a little stronger in it. and i ate the whole thing (being me, it was a cookie for god's sake) only to find out apparently small bits were the thing to do... ahhh. uni life :D

abz xx

Hmmm....... my gran used to make seed cake but I don't think that was the same thing. One of the kids at school asked if they could make herby cakes in cooking - the said they'd bring the herbs x

abz it were weed you wouldn't be running anywhere...you'd be starring off into space and not taking anything in or laughing so hard you want to wee your pants.

well with the tyn thing, they would need to find another roomate to take her place...and whilst they will be liable to the landlord most likely if they all signed one contract...they can sue her for her part of the bills and rent until they were able to find a room mate...and any judge would award it provided they found someone within 2 months or so...anything after that they will just have to suck up. But her bills are her bills and if it was start in the contract that they were responsible for the a certain amount and that she previously paid...then they can establish an agreement and they will be awarded the money.

Gem....hahaha...well i am hoping i well get a section. I am now having a scan in 4 more weeks then one every 4 weeks until i am 36 weeks and then decided whether to have a section or not. I am still about 2 st 7 up on my weight...but i am uber chuffed with that.

We had a few things happen in the last week and so because of that it has made us both worried and feel physically ill so neither of us have wanted to eat much.

so no gigs eh gem? thats not like you...you ALWAYS seem to have them.

Abz are you still how hunting?

Jim, how are you?

Elle...you little confuser......but no worries you'll get back down where you belong soon. You've done such a great job.

Taz, what happen ( or does anyone know) with the guy that was in breach of procedures? and the whole union thing?And how's your neck?

Tyn....I hope you see this and it helps....hope you are doing well hun.

speaking of herby cakes....one of my old bosses brough in some "special" browies into work....and hadn't realised that her boyfriend has "spiced" them up and so she took them to work and everyone scoffed and spent the new few hours stoned off their bums....10 of them..*LOL* she was too but luckily she didn't get fired as she has no idea they were "special" CAKES.

I think they must have been VERY special. I am so not into stuff like that but I know a quite lot about it cos I've been involved in PSHE education for a long time (thats sex and drugs without the rock and roll). I'm actually trained and certificated in teaching PSHE so I'm very much involved in that side of things.

Last edited:
Hahaha gem,

Well I was young once and did some things I am not so proud of!*LOL* The stuff an effect you even if you don't do it. So I found out about 5 years or so ago, my mate and her boyfriend were smoking in his flat...I was there talking to them and hadn't realised how strong the stuff was or that the windows were open. We were all planning on going out, and I was driving, but I had to wait outside for a while, as I noticed I was staring off into space...and wanting to sleep...and then of course my mate said something to me and I laughed for about 10 minutes without stopping. And I didn't even smoke the stuff just happened to be in the room. hahaha...

Sadly my brothers used to smoke weed from a very young age. I didn't know that was what it was until I got older and knew people who were doing it and recognised the familar stench. But my brothers started at about 13 and 11 in the house in their rooms. But i think there was too much going on at the time for my parents to take notice. And the sad thing is too I was 14 when I had my first joint...which was given to me by my auntie.

Yea I know what you mean about not having to smoke it - I've been in that situation as explained above and you don't even realize it's happening.

Many of the young people I have worked with start young and get a lot of adverse effects from over-use.

Yeah I know what you mean.....I never over used it as it was something that was done once in a while...I never bought any for myself ....although saying that when I was in my first year of college I did smoke a joint every morning with a friend on the way to college and than occassionally another half one two classes later with a different mate...but I stopped after 3 months as it was effecting my school work. And then it was years before i did it again and it then it was maybe a hand full say 4 times or so after that...and of course I've not done any since well before I got PG with my first. and none since....but I was lucky i guess i was never tempted to try another else or pressured to do anything else. I just dread having to deal with it with my boys when they get older.

Hey Jenn, good to see you back. I haven't been back to work for a month due to a head injury which in turn made my neck worse so I have just been home here resting! So I haven't actually seen the idiot from work! The neck is a lot better but still being managed slightly by codine but only half doses now.

I went to karate tonight and it went well. Kickboxing tomorrow. I am just easing slowly back into training so as not to overdo it

Hey all, thanks for the advice!

Thankfully, all is sorted woot!

She got in contact with us last night crying, apparently she was terrifyed of telling us, incase we got angry with her lol. The rent she will have to deal with on her own, we are not having to pay or find someone new, as the contracts are all personal ones, so we have to deal with them ourselves.

Poor girl has just burnt out big style, she is broke, her parents can't help her out, and its next to impossible to get a part time job in Preston right now(all 4 of us have been trying all year!) And she finally cracked over the holidays. Her parents gave her the option to drop out, get a full time job at home and deal with the rent that way. And shes doing that instead, which is apprently her only option. She was hating her course and was home sick real bad. (She was from right down south, can't remember the name... farmer land is all i remember! lol) Shes agreed without us even bringing it up to pay her share of the bills from last semester, so thats no problem at all, just means we have to take care of this semesters lol.

Had my first class back today, was my new elective in Astronomy, was totally not what i was expecting, i haven't done any serious maths in almost 8 years so i was a bit out of my depth, but all is good, and apart from the math side, it was really interesting. However no idea how knowing how big the earth is, how big the sun is, and how far the sodding things are apart will help me in life, but hey! always a pub quizz i guess! lol.

Got a full day of BSL tomorrow, which i am not looking forward to at all! lol, thankfully i am free all wednesday, which is good as i have a huge amount of stuff to get sorted still! lol. Thursday have i sign linguistics, issues in dead education and more BSL (Although its in the pub, wohoo!) and then on friday is where things get real fun!

I am doing note taking all morning on the opposite side of campus (In the media labs) But its gonna be fun i hope, i have 3 hours of taking notes for a deaf person, in 1st year Photography! How freaking cool is that? I just i remember to take notes and not just sit there listening to the bloke! lol. Roll on next year when i start getting paid around £12-£15/hour for going to lessons and taking notes! lol, stupid training!

Anyway!

I hope your all doing well. I have a killer of a head ache right now, and getting sleepy, so gonna snuggle down with Angles and Demons and hopefully get to sleep for a full night, its been a nightmare being back, i can only sleep for 2-3 hours at a time apparently.. nightmare! lol.

Lots and lots of luuuuv!

Tyn

Well well well what's this talk of weed? lol.

Tyn im glad it's all sorted. my fantastic friend clare and i were having problems (that she didn't tell me about so i thought we were all ok) at the end of 1st year and she decided that she would leave our shared accommodation halfway through 2nd year and move in with her mate who had a spare bed (as her flatmate was spending half the yr in iceland or something). Anyway, she informed the landlord who agreed as long as she found someone to replace her. She left but couldn't find anyone, me and my other flatmate lisa thought we were buggered rent wise but thankfully 1)we all had personal contracts and 2) the landlord let clare off paying and just said he'd learnt his lesson. he was a very nice, uber tanned, rich, cockney. haha.

Tyn - is that the book Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. If so, it's a brilliant book - enjoy x

Back