Big Boys Need Love Too!

boiler man has successfully fixed boiler. it was something else that needed cleaning, which should have been done in the original service i reckon... so hopefully i won't have to pay again... here's hoping it continues to work this time...

abz xx

Fingers crossed here abz.

well i'm going home around 7 tonight, so plenty of time for a nice long bath :)

i'm not needed on my evening shift tomorrow, but i may come in really early, even though i don't have to, to get the shift over with. i need to work 10 hours regardless so i figure i may as well do it earlier rather than later. since i'm used to leaving at 5 most days i really hate having to stay later...

abz xx

Yay - enjoy x

Yay Abz has got heat! Any news on the car Gem? Ours failed it's MOT and will cost us £350 to get it through so we won't get it back until Friday now :(

That's bad news Taz. Ours might be expensive too, depending on which part it needs x

Good morning everyone :)

I think most of the snow has gone this morning but I'm not sure about ice.

I still don't have a car as the garage didn't ring back yesterday. That could mean that it's the more expensive job needs doing :eek:

I have to get into Bristol this morning for 11 am so I'll need to be on the bus stop for around 9.15. I haven't been into Bristol since all the new building work has been done and, having driven around the outskirts of the development on the way to other places I know it has changed a great deal since the last time I went so it should be interesting :eek:

Abz - I hope you had a nice warm bath and a cosy evening last night x :)

Taz - What are you exercise plans for today? No stopping you now eh? x :)

Tyn - Nice to see you are dropping back in a bit more - we've all missed you x :)

Elle - Missing you x :)

Jim - I hear you've been seen walking through the streets of Birmingham in pink wellies with daisies - is that right? x :)

Jen - How's it going? Haven't seen you around for a while x :)

Have a lovely day everyone x :)

morning all. read diary for rant. boiler still isn't working properly but thomas faffed with it so now we can't get the boiler man out again. why doesn't he listen when i produce words?

abz xx

Men!!! (throws hands up in dispair) Still he's good most of the time isn't he abz x

he is good most of the time gem. this is true. but when he pulls an idiocy it always costs money. this month he already managed to sign up for an online game after cancelling the other one, incorrectly checking the date the money came out for the one he cancelled, and getting impatient and clicking several times when signing up for the new one. so the payment for the new one came out twice, and the one for the one he cancelled, since the money came out on the day he cancelled it. so we've just paid £35 in online games in a week when we have no money. aaaargh!!

abz xx

That's quite an expense when you haven't anything to show for it Abz x

Morning all, we were promised more snow last night but all we got was dangerous icy conditions!

Gem - Being without a car is a major pain isn't it? And it always happens when you really need it! I was hoping to go to early WI today but I need transport to get there as it is in the next town across and I don't have transport at the moment so I will have to wait til tonight now :( I was hoping that if I went to the early WI I could have gone to the gym and had a swim later but I wont do that before WI! So exercise plans for today is just karate this evening.

Abz - Mr Taz is just the same, he has no clue when it comes to repairs on various things but he will still mess thinking that he is suddenly a plumber/electrician/gasman/mechanic! They just can't help themselves can they!

Elle - Get your arse back here NOW!!!

Jenn - Hope all is good with you x

Tyn and Jim - How are the boys doing this morning?

Well this boy is wondering ig it's safe to post here today?

£350 Taz, ouch!!

I'm obviously not a normal bloke, if anything breaks I won't touch it.

Loads of snow here still, and we had some overnight as well.

To be fair, we haven't had the car serviced for a while and I think it was about 3000 miles past it's service time so most of that is stuff that the service would have taken care of. However, we will still have to get it seviced after the MOT too! Bloody expensive machine

Yea Taz - Being without a car is defo a problem when you're out in the sticks x

Morning all!

I have decided, i want to go back to sleeping till atleast early after noon, mornings suck!! Nothing to do in them other than to watch really bad tv while avoiding uni work! lol.

As for men who touch broken things, i am usually the cause of broken things, so if its not something i know the problem of, then it stays broken until someone else can deal with it lol. I don't even do DIY as i know i am crap at it lol.

For some reason, its a week since i had my tooth butchered, and its still really sore, i was having a poke around last night when i was brushing my peggies, and found what feels like a small shard of tooth still stuck where the tooth used to be, very strange. Gonna give it a few more days, and if it isn't better will have to go back :-( Another 20-30 down the pan! Its not really painfull, just a dull throbbing some times, might just still be tender, she really did hack into it when she removed it lol.

Oh and Abz, the online gaming thing, i have done that several times before without thinking. Or rather thinking it was all timed very well, only to realise that i had missed it by a day and then subbed to another and then had it cost alot lol. Never double billed tho, you should tell him to email the game company (depending who it is / what it is) they might just give one of the payments back. Some of them have nightmare CSR teams however and are a complete joke when it comes to this stuff.

I think today i am going to do some major cleaning, my room is a tip and do the recycling for a change, my poor flatmate does it all the time, she is prolly getting a bit tired of living with just blokes now lol. I did do all the washing up last night atleast, so that might get me a gold star, or atleast a few less glares! lol.

Sounds like a bit of the root is still in Martyn, it should work itself out.

I'd go back and get them to remove it. they shouldn't charge you if they didn't do the original job properly

I am a bit to much of a coward to go back yet hehe, the pain is just a little bit to fresh to wanna go through it again lol. I will just wait a little longer, i don't need pain killers (much) anymore for it, so thats a good sign! lol

i already emailed them tyn :) i was quick on that one. and world of warcraft before i realised what a ninny OH had been...

hopefully i'll be able to book the plumbers in not too short a time. otherwise it will be next week. i don't think they do next day, although my contract says next day service 365 days a year... which doesn't discount weekends so i may be lucky...

abz xx

Back