Big Boys Need Love Too!

Didn't think for one minute that you would Tyn :chores016: you're far too nice for that. I can understand you looking forward to a new beginning - though it wouldn't be my choice. I'm cheering you on and wishing you success this time - once your head's in the right place it's much easier x

Yea, My head is just in that place now. I was umming and ahhing about it about a month ago, but I would have fallen off before I got far. Now I'm up for it big times. I think It will be alot better than last time, mostly due to being in work. I have a friend doing a diet there so we have agreed to beat each other with rulers if we even look at the vending machines lol.

That and I was reading about some guy who did it who lost like nearly 7 stone in 14 weeks. I could lose alot of weight just by Christmas lol. Really excited to get going :)

Not sure losing that much is healthy Tyn but good luck with your journey - just a steady loss would be good I reckon. Jools lost loads with Cambridge - it really suited her. What are you doing workwise now? x

I work in an office in Bolton.

Thats my usual response, but because I like you I will tell you my real job lol. I am a case worker for the CSA in Bolton. Tend not to tell to many people, there is always someone who hates anyone who works for the CSA lol. Doesn't matter if I tell them I work on accounts not investigation lol. Yea, its really alot of weight to lose quickly, but I think its the only way I'm going to get it off. Slow and steady doesn't work (for my belly anyway! haha )

You do what you need to do to earn a crust - there are lots of professions people love to hate, depending on point of view. Take Social Workers, Traffic Wardens, Tax Inspectors etc. The kids I work with start snorting when they see a policeman - many have had negative experiences - but there may be a time when they will be glad to see one x

Yea, we just get reminded (alot..) that we don't do our job to please adults, we do it to make sure kids have food and clothes. It helps to get through a day when you're hip deep in broken cases lol

My CDC sent my letter off today, which should get here tomorrow and then I take it in on Friday and then I can start my diet! So excited!

Oh, and I just agreed to go to Farmaggedon next month with work mates. I must be CRAZY!!!

Just googled Farmageddon and it looks MAD. Enjoy :eek: We went to Bodmin Jain earlier in the year - not a made up attraction but a real old jail with a strange feel and cold spots - reputed to be very haunted x

One of the girls has been last year and she was telling us just how scary it is, which made me really excited! It also made one of the other members pull out lol (Wimps!) Getting scared is awesome, isn't it? lol

I have started to slowly rebuild my social life recently. I got really hermity for awhile. But yay for getting a job with awesome people working with you!

My Cambridge forms arrived today, which is super exciting, just gotta get them signed by my miserable doctor on Friday and I'm good to go. Yippy!

Hope your day is going well Gem!

Spent the morning in a hotel spa Tyn. My mate and I bought a deal - £12 for 10 Gym/Spa passes. We are going to Aqua-aerobics next week and a swim afterwards (not bad for £1.20 a time). I like a bit of scarey stuff but not too much - don't know if I'm a wimp or not x

Why is it, when your riding high, some terd head has to make it all go boom?

Just been to my doctors (on a day that was a nightmare to do, because the Doctor wouldn't see me when I could do it easily, poo head) he gave me a ranting lecture about my inhalers. Then told me I was fat. Nothing unusual there.

So I pulled out my Cambridge forms and he looked at it, asked what it was and then refused to even sign them. Apparently he and most other doctors "don't approve" of it so he wont sign it. So now I can't do Cambridge. Not impressed at all.

Angry!

Just waiting for my CDC(to be) to call me back now to see what she says lol.

Can I come to your lovely sound spa next time? A nice spa day it just what I need. Or a foot rub (stupid, yet oh so pretty shoes..) would do :)

Last edited:
Well....... I am qualified in reflexology ;) Can't do the aqua-aerobics cos I have a baby massage session on Tuesday afternoon and wouldn't get there in time - can't cancel as the girls were good and agreed to be my case study. Now that is sorted I'm not going to cancel their last session. We'll just go and use the pool on Wednesday morning instead.

It's no secret that I have concerns about Cambridge & other VLCDs but I acknowledge that al lot of people are happy with them and seem to do well with them. Many doctors also have concerns, while some are happy to endorse VLCDs - it sounds like you have one that doesn't. Doctors have been told to tackle obesity and for some it means telling someone they are fat without offering any help - fantastic - the more someone tells me I'm fat, the less chance of me getting into the right headspace to lose the weight. For me that would just endorse the bullying I endured when I was a kid. The only way forward for me is for me to take complete control and do it MY WAY as the man sang :eek:

Stress is the biggy with me - I've had a lot of that in the last 4 years and I noticed that the weight went on differently with the stress - lots of "round the middle" fat - due to excess of cortisol from the prolongued fight or flight with no sabre tooth tiger to fight :rolleyes: nice Kitty.

I hope you get what you need to move forward and if you don't I hope you find another way to do it x

Crisis averted. Spoke to my CDC (translation. Freaked out down the phone at the poor woman!) and she told me to go back into the doctors tomorrow, tell me I don't need his permission to do the diet. I just need to him to confirm my medical history on the form and that's all I need from him.

Yippy!

And... sleep :)

Good luck Tyn - looking forward to you being a loser x

Thanks Gem.

I just got woke up by two friends having a fit down the phone as they just got in from their "Fat club" and they both lost a crap ton of weight. 8 1/2 and 6 lbs. I was so proud of them. I hope they are as proud of me when I get my first weigh in! :)

OK, back to sleep! Have a stubborn doctor to talk sternly to tomorrow! Oh.. and that work thingie :)

Amazing how that work thingie can get in the way isn't it x

Work is all meh. It would be dire if it wasn't for the awesome people I worked with. Only been there about 3 months and made some really really great friends.

I spoke to my petulant doctor again just now. Told him its not his consent I need or want, just his signature and he told me to drop it at reception and he will charge me for it. And he sent me a letter with all the emails from other doctors saying they dont approve of the diet. Thats great, don't need their approval either lol. On a late shift today (we have 1 every week. 1pm - 9pm. Boo!) But I can cut out early because I need to go to the doctors. Yippy!

I hope your day is going and keeps going great Gem dearest!!

:)

A nice easy start this morning Tyn. Sun shining here so might get out in it in a while x

Been a good day today. Was a mild crisis at work today that stopped me getting to the doctors again but I can just go on Monday after work.

I did get ropped into working tomorrow but it'd double time and easy work so not to concerned, extra money is extra money :)

Glad u had a good morning gem!

Double Bunny's gotta be good Tyn - just a pity its gonna be good weather while you are stuck indoors x

Its all good, I'm only in until 12 (unless my friend handcuffs me to the desk until 2 with her. But I'm pretty sure I will run away while she is flirting with someone. I usually do)

So I will still have time to get back into town and do a little shopping, not that I can think of anything I need to shop for... Who am I kidding? There is ALWAYS something to shop for :)

Back