Big Boys Need Love Too!

Enjoy your morning (I think :eek:) and don't spend too much this afternoon ;) well, unless you absolutely have to x

Welcome back Tyn! Good luck with the new venture. I too am not a fan of VLCD's but anything too restrictive wouldn't work for me. It sounds like things are really looking up for you now :D

hey babes. did you get your form? are you starting yet? cambridge worked well for me, but i didn't come off it properly. i got married, went on my honeymoon and got pregnant and gained several stones instead :) going up the stages at the end is super dooper important. it's hard at times but it really does work.

loads of love and luck to you :)

abz xx

I still haven;'t found time to get to the doctors this week (stupid work) But I'm on a late tomorrow, so I will try and get there before my train in the afternoon. If all else fails, I'm off work on Friday, so I can and WILL do it then. Still haven't lost my motivation, just been busy at work

I just can't wait to start it and get this weight off. I have been having this flirty on and off thing with a guy at work, and I don't know why I'm doing it, I wont let it go anywhere as I hate the way I look right now. So I'm pretty sure I'm 110% on this, this time.

Heres to hoping! :)

How you both doing? It feels like forever and ever!

You could always cut yourself some slack and give this guy permission to like you regardless of how you look. Don't be too hard on yourself - people don't always make the same judgements as we do about ourselves x

Add dating to your list of reasons to lose weight. If you won't be able to let a relationship develop atm because of your weight and how you view yourself, use that to spur you on. You don't wanna be alone the rest of your life because weight was holding you back!

I feel similar in that I don't want to date because I'm not happy with how I look. I hate feeling that way so I use it to motivate me to keep going.

hey tyn. did you manage to pick up that form? i'm rooting for you (which route root do you use for that??). can't wait for the lbs to just drop off you :D

good luck with the fella at work. cambridge works fast so there's no reason to stop flirting. you'll just melt away before his eyes. and let's face it. if he's flirting back then obviously he isn't seeing you the way you see yourself. more like we do :D

loads of love to you babes.

xx

Hey thanks guy. Will reply more later. Just didn't want you all to think I had vanished again.

Bed ridden with the flu at the mo (fun times!) So everything is at a screeching half atm.

Will check back when I stop shivering!

x

Not feeling too wonderful myself - feeling a bit fluey - only came back from weekend away yesterday - feel like sleeping the clock round but can't lay in bed too long or my back suffers x

Oooo.... that sounds a bit drastic - I didn't know that about Cambridge x

In some cases over consumption of soya based products can result in higher estrogen levels which can affect mens fat distribution. But I don't believe it would be a major concern with the cambridge diet.

Never heard any of those claims before either. But I doubt its anything to worry about, or it would be mentioned alot more by people who know about this type of stuff. So I wouldn't let it worry you. :)

Evening Tyn - confined to barracks at the moment - came home from a lovely weekend in Llangollen ill - some nasty aggressive bug that feels like flu x

Pretty sure we have the same thing. Not left my room all week. Nasty cough and cold, which never goes well with my asthma and now my ribs are unbearable from coughing so much, my nose is sore from blowing it so much. Oh and I still can't stand up without being dizzy. Got an appt at the doctors tomorrow because I can't go into work like this so will need a doctors note. Hope she is better than my usual doctor (who isn't in. Shame..) but I do get to drop my forms off while I'm there.

I hope you get better soon Gem! I wouldn't wish this bug any many people. xx

My bug only has minimal cough and cold symptoms but they are still there. The main thing has been the banging headache (which mercifully has gone now), the aches and pains and general weakness (probably not helped by not being able to eat). I did manage a mashed banana sandwich without heaving yesterday but that was it - coffee tasting so vile that I am just drinking water most of the time. Hot breath gone and I think my temperature must have come down as I'm not shivery any more. I still feel like s**t and I'm supposed to be driving down to Cornwall on Saturday - hope I make a quick recovery.

Colds and coughs are generally not good with asthma and yours sounds nasty - hope you feel better soon x

I'm alive! I'm alive!

Mwha. Ok, still have a crappy set of lungs but the coldy flueyness has all but gone now. So back to work I go tomorrow. Thankfully, I managed to use some of my holidays instead of sick days. So I only lose 1.5 days of pay. Score! Was starting to worry my saving was going to be ruined by this sickness, but alas, no. Just gotta take a week off.

I noticed a few weeks back that I'm spending my wages on nothing. Like.. NOTHING. So a friend told me (after hitting me over the head) to open a savings account. Which I did. And this saving thing is actually easy and almost fun.

With my work being a good what.. 40 miles away from home, I wanted to start to learn to drive and get a car. But I hate the idea of waiting for ages like I have done previously, as I don't remember half the stuff I did the following week. So I wanted to do the crash course. Where your in the car for a few long days, and then you do the test right away.

Problem. It costs £500 to do.

So I was going to wait until Xmas time, ask the family for some money for presents and then do the test in the new year. Then I started to save. I'm pretty sure I can be ready to book the lessons in about.. a Month? I have Farmageddon coming up so that might put a small dint in the savings, but I've already saved up 3/5 of it. So I'm pretty pleased with myself.

On the downside. I went to the doctors yesterday. And I forgot to take my bloody forms in. Such a tool sometimes lol. But I will drop them in on Monday, as I'm off work. Also, I got to see the other doctor in my surgery and OhEmGe. She is soooo much better than my normal doctor. Very nice and assertive, without being the burke that my current one is. But I will be swapping surgery when I can be arsed to do the paper work. As a new one has opened up down the road from me, so it will just make everything so much easier.

Anyway.

Hello!

Hope your feeling better Gem!

hey you guys.

when i did cambridge and was on the cambridge forums there was no mention of estrogen levels by any of the men. it would also be mentioned to the women i would imagine and it has never come up. also, the packs aren't exactly big. the amount of soya you could fit in there wouldn't be massive. i'm sure vegans eat an awful lot more than is in 3 packs a day. so that's my two p worth :)

hi tyn and gem. sorry you've been feeling crappy. glad you are feeling better tyn and that your headache has gone gem.

i'm about right now. the world isn't spinning very often now. only very occasionally if i move my head too fast so it's all good.

i'm afraid i may go a bit awol again for a while. i have a lot of work next week and will be working silly hours. of course this means i'll be on the pc all day so you may hear more from me :D

still slimming worldling away here. first weigh in in weeks on monday. so i'd better have lost something or i'll be in trouble!!

abz xx

Good luck Scott - Take it steady and find short term goals to play with. Very soon they will become BIG achievements x

Back