Big Boys Need Love Too!

hey tyn. good to hear things are going strong!! really curious about the 'crash course' as i've looked at them. i'm just scared of driving though. i'm good at it. but everyone else scares me half to death in leeds, so i don't think i'm going to be doing it any time soon. not to mention that we can't afford two cars and when thomas is working he'll have it the entire time. so. ha. but still interested to hear how it goes and if it works etc etc :)

i'm off to bed now but just wanted to check in beforehand. i get weighed tomorrow so am crossing my fingers that it has all been worth it, ha. i haven't felt like i've gone without at any point though. but i have been crossing every t and dotting every i. nothing has jumped out as anything i was doing wrong or differently so i don't know what last week's gain was about, but i just really hope that i've lost it and more this week otherwise i'm sleep-eating lard or something. not that we have any in the house... you get my point. i'm tired and rambling so i think it's best if i go away now, ha.

abz xx

Great update Tyn, glad things are going well.

I'm laid up doing not much at the moment as I had surgery on my knee on Thursday :(

hi everyone. hope you are doing a bit better and more of the swelling has gone down taz.

i lost 3.5lbs last week. woo. slimming world was good to me after all after making me pointlessly gain the week before. must have just been a blip. so. onwards and downwards. have you heard anything yet from your doc tyn?

abz xx

Reactions: Taz
Just a quick one before I go to bed!

Manic week. Failed my test (2 minor, 1 serious) Re-booked test. 2 weeks away. Don't wanna go to work. I hate thetrainline.com and Physio is evil.

.... I think that just about sum's up my week off work :)

Hope your weeks have been better than mine!! xxx

Reactions: Taz
Sorry to hear you failed Tyn - always a bit of a blow! I have heard "trainline" has its problems - sorry you have experienced this too. I hope this week is an improvement for you. Good luck with your next test x

good luck with the retest tyn. do you get a top up lesson before the test to practice again?

physio is evil it's true.

any progress on the cambridge front?

abz xx

NEVER use the Trainline! Take it from me as an officer of the railway, they are the devils work! They are famous within the industry for f@#king up peoples tickets and over charging. Use national rail enquiries or the train company's own website to buy tickets or book seats. They will have the absolute cheapest fares available with no booking fee and they will get it right for you! Rant over :D

Hi hi :)

I'm not to worried about failing. It wasn't because of my driving, just a really bad moment to go blonde lol. I'm just going to ask if they don't mind me doing it in silence, so I can keep my concentration on the road alone. My instructor said they are fine with it. Although, I have come into another snag. The instructors are having a strike day on my test day, but not all of them are on strike, so got an email to go in anyway and if its not possible to do my test, they will rebook it for free. But I will no doubt lose out on the £40 for the lessons. But I don't have any other time to take the test before the following friday. My instructor said its up to me, so I think I'm just gonna go ahead and take the risk. I have lessons on Sunday so will talk to him more then. I would be really iffy about asking him normally, because it involves money, but he is a really great guy and brilliant instructor, so I feel confident he will do me right.

Also, nothing back from the Doctors on my forms, so I'm assuming they forgot. Which is another thing I need to do tomorrow, ring them up. Already have to ring my physio to get a new appt as I had to cancel my one yesterday because work is mayhem and I couldn't find the time to take the hours off. Speaking of work, I agreed to do over-time this weekend to get rid of some of the backlog (only a few of us can actually process it, so it's kinda all hands on deck before the poop hits the big fan) But its time and a half, and a month until Xmas, I really can't complain lol (Money is money, and its easy low stress work lol) Waking up at 5:30am on Saturday blows now matter how much you get paid though :)

And I have to find time to go for my medical for this stupid claim. Have to go all the way into Southport to do it. Its annoying and pointless and I don't have the time, but have to anyway. I doubt I even get unpaid leave for it, so they better have Saturday appts' lol .

How's it going with you ladies? Anything fun going down in crazy town?

Nothing too crazy Tyn - except perhaps my crazy little kitten, who is actually very good but manages quite a lot of devastation in a matter of minutes when she has a made moment x

It's ALWAYS crazy in Taz-World! Although at a much slower pace at the moment :rolleyes:

Nothing much happening here apart from a lot of christmas shopping from the comfort, safety, and prison of my sofa!

I will be doing the prison (I mean sofa) visit this afternoon - will I have any trouble passing security? x

Maybe a couple of toasties for lunch? x

mmm. toasties...

my mum is moving into her new place today. so we are off to see it when she gets the keys this morning :)

The toasties were lovely - nothing special, just grated cheese - I do them before I go and put them in the toast bags so that they are ready to just put in the toaster when I get there. We did have something naughty that I got from Sainsburys on the way, but you don't really want to know about that do you x

Back