Big Boys Need Love Too!

YOU IS IN THE ZONE BOY X :cool:

Will be more so next week, ad due to a major freak out about excess skin after I'm done (I hate you google...) I've decided to join the gym close to work with a few co-workers. So no idea how that is going to pan out.. lol

gym can be so much fun.... not... get some good music for your own sanity :)... or try the insanity programme, its really intense but rewarding.

Hmm.... excess skin is often a problem with rapid weightloss - where else is it to go? It's no good burying your head in the sand as its something you have to tackle head on. At some point you will have to assess the situation and make decisions that are right for YOU. You may be happy with the skin situation, maybe sorting it out with surgery at a later date (expensive and varying results - see other sections on here for first hand info) or you may decide to "level out" - maybe not losing it all at once and allowing your body to catch up. Whatever you decide to do has to be YOUR decision with your eyes open. The "skin thing" is a fact of life - there is only so much elasticity - lose loads of weight at once and you can end up with baggy trousers in your one button suit. I know you want to look good as well as slim at the end and you are a young man (which also means your skin's elasticity is at its best) so do your homework and make your informed decisions. Whatever you decide, your chosen method has given you a good head start to build on - whether you continue the same journey or switch to a slower method at a later date is your call but do it with the full knowledge of all the facts and make sure it is something that will make you a happy bunny at the end of the journey

Big (((Hugs))) x

Unfortunately baggy skin will occur if you lose weight fast, with or without the gym. Your skin takes time to shrink back and will only do that in line with your losses if you lose at a steady rate. Most people who choose the quick route have to tackle the skin after and that usually means surgery. I know people who have lost weight fairly quickly and consciously put it back on because they didn't like what had happened to their bodies and set about losing it again in a more steady fashion. My friend had a gastric band and lost almost 10 stone in 18 months. She felt amazing - as long as she kept her clothes on! She hated her baggy trousers and now has to save up for surgery. Her start weight was just a stone under yours. She has since regained 5 stone due to pregnancy (The band had to be emptied) and will soon be starting the journey again.

Everyone is different and as Gem says you are young so you will have better elasticity than some. I would recommend some vitamin E creams or bathing in Bio-Oil to make your skin at it's best. We all have a common goal - To lose weight, feel great, and look good. Too many people rush for the first and get the second very fast. The second often fades when the third turns into a new battle.

I used to be dead against plastic surgery until I met someone who lost a LOT of weight on Cambridge. I thought she looked great and had done so well.... Until she untucked her belly! She had to buy trousers 2 sizes bigger than she should have been wearing so she could accommodate her apron. Her arms and legs were also the same. She was very unhappy with her body. At that point I changed my views as I thought 'That could happen to me!' And really, what's the point of going through all of that to still be unhappy? The surgery to correct all of that if expensive and risky but has to be considered.

That's just my thoughts on the skin thing! :D x

I'm going to pick up some cream this weekend, just to get ontop of it (besides, won't be young forever!) and then do some gym and hope for the best. Thanks ladies! :)

It is SO important to face all the issues full-on with no nasty surprises - who knows, things may actually be better than you think but the reality is there in many experiences throughout this forum and in the wider community. Everything we do and all we go through on here is for a reason and we need to be clear what that means - otherwise we set ourselves up for more issues - and that's no fun. Take each phase for what it is and if you stop liking the results, do something about it - you still have choices to do WHAT WORKS FOR YOU FOR AS LONG AS IT DOES WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO. It's a good idea to get some cream to give your skin the best chance x

Might sound a bit weird but look at the creams for pregnant women. Some of them are designed to help the elasticity etc

Yep - Taz is right Tyn - anything that works in pregnancy (which is a huge test of skin elasticity) would have a good chance of working with weightloss x

I'm off out looking at houses tomorrow with a friend, so will stop in at boots or superdrug and see what they have on offer. Internet isn't helping, as they keep telling me to spend £60-£100 on a tub of cream. Oh.Hell.No.

That sounds excessive - try rubbing bio-oil into your skin or as Taz suggested pregnancy cream x

I'll have a look for this bio oil thing tomorrow. Thanks again ladies!

You're welcome Tyn - hope things still going well x

Hey all. I would love to join this group. I have lost 2st 10 since new year. I started at 19st 9,8. I want to get to 11 stone by. Christmas. Just reading back, I too am worried about saggy skin. I have done a lot of research obviously there is the possibility of surgery. Although being younger is supposed to be better exercise helps and apparently it can take upto 2 years after you stop losing weight for your skin to settle to where it will stay. However I am going with creams etc too. It can't hurt to try x

Welcome to team crazy! :)

Back