Big Boys Need Love Too!

guys im goin homeeeeeee! yay. speak to yas later on xxxxxxxxx

I don't mind working for someone else, i am rather lazy lol. I just wanna go in, do my work, get my money and go lol. I am still shocked i wanna do Medicine still. I usually change my mind to what i wanna be when i grow up every month. But i have been hell bent on this one since last year lol.

Even with 12+ hour shifts, not the best pay, horrible working conditions, i still wanna do it. Its not like you are ever going to be stuck to the same thing every day lol. Besides, i wanna go live in another country as i know, and medicine is needed everywhere lol.

I don't mind working for someone else, i am rather lazy lol. I just wanna go in, do my work, get my money and go lol. I am still shocked i wanna do Medicine still. I usually change my mind to what i wanna be when i grow up every month. But i have been hell bent on this one since last year lol.

Even with 12+ hour shifts, not the best pay, horrible working conditions, i still wanna do it. Its not like you are ever going to be stuck to the same thing every day lol. Besides, i wanna go live in another country as i know, and medicine is needed everywhere lol.

yeah I wanted to do medicine too when I was younger but too many hours for me...i wanted a life and actually wanted to see my children grow up. My bother is 36 and is a nurse and is training to be an orthopedic surgeon and I think it is great. Me..I have always been interested in forensics and hopefully i will get to do it. Just hoping UEA will get it soon and then I won't have to drive to cambridge everyday...that would drive me nuts.

I had a friend who was doing Forensic Science but she dropped out after finding out there is only 5 foresenic jobs each year lol.

I also have a friend who is doing Archeology, as she is hell bent on being a forensic Archeologist, she is really freaky i know! lol She wants to dig up dead folks!

my inner group of friends are soooo different. You have me doing Deaf Studies, Nat doing the Archeology and my other friend doing Sports Science! lol No idea how we found each other at uni lol

I had a friend who was doing Forensic Science but she dropped out after finding out there is only 5 foresenic jobs each year lol.

I also have a friend who is doing Archeology, as she is hell bent on being a forensic Archeologist, she is really freaky i know! lol She wants to dig up dead folks!

my inner group of friends are soooo different. You have me doing Deaf Studies, Nat doing the Archeology and my other friend doing Sports Science! lol No idea how we found each other at uni lol

sorry but what the hell is deaf studies?
find out in a bit...need to pop out and then gonna spend some time with my gorgeous hubby...!!:)

The study of the deaf community, culture and language :)

I can't wait for this year to start, we are learning Sign Linguistics, which means i can finally get my first tattoo! I am going to have my name is Sign Language on the top end of my inner arm. So fetch :) mwhaha.

well i check calories where i can but im just eating less and better. like today i had the tiniest amount of cereal you can imagine, the kellogs version of shreddies cos i figure the fibre should help me. ive had almost 2 glasses of water since and for lunch ive got a homemade tuna and onion sandwich on brown bread with a bit of dairy free spread, a few prunes, an apple and some cucumber. last night though my carbs thing went out the window as my mum made risotto but i was starving when i went home so just ate it and shut up. had a smaller bowl than everyone else though... but still, tonight i refuse to eat carbs after 6 just like i said, so tough luck mum, whatever you're cooking tonight haha. guaranteed its pasta now hehehe xxx

Just a thought hon. Maybe you aren't eating enough calories. I know it sounds silly but when you cut down too much your body says, "Hey she's starving me" and the body's response to starvation is to hang onto the calories by slowing down the metabolic rate! :eek: The result of this is that your body burns calories at a slower rate and your weight stays the same.
Try upping the calories slightly, so telling your body all is well :) Try eating so called super-foods that speed up the metabolism :) Above all - don't worry. Our bodies are amazing. They adapt to our circumstances quite well. Yours is probably just adapting to the reduction in food. The scales will soon be reading ok
:scale:

ooh thanks very much gem :) guys bad news i just had a bit of a rampage of the kitchen :( the funny thing is i KNEW i was doing it, you probably all know where im coming from here, but i couldnt stop myself! i ate dinner and then i had that binge craving thing hahaha. but i did think, well, if youre gonna do it, you may aswell do it with decent food. so i finished off the salad, ate a corner off the rest of the turkey steaks mum made and then thought AAAH stop eatin meat, so i had a nectarine and an orange and about a quarter of a glass of pistachios (i put them in the glass) feel full but not as bad as usual after a binge...

Lol i am the other way, give me a huge empty room silent room and i am happy lol. But yea, she got the severe one, only left the house. 4 times that i can remember. 2 funerals, 1 doctors visit and 1 wedding.

She didn't even come to the hospital when i was hit by a car (only broke my ankle) Or when my sister was run over.

And me and my sister just have major conflicting personalites lol. I am laid back and friendly, she is very high strung and has more aggression than any woman i have seen. Only common ground we ever usually share is our mum. We don't hate her or anything. But we are really, really tired of her now.

Something has happened in the last couple of months (my sister has suffered it more because i only came home recently) But my mother has stopped doing EVERYTHING. All she does is lay on the couch, and thats it. She won't get up to get her own food/drink. Every morning i go down and have to open the curtains, she wont even do that.

Can't really explain just how i feel most of the time. Mixture of digust, anger, fury, pity. Most of the time i just contemplate not commin back home after september. Makes me a horrible person i know lol, but i have just had enough, then i realise its my mum, she cleaned my shitty nappy when i was a baby, and shes ill. Now its my turn to look after her, no matter how hard it is lol.

Ok... i have no idea why i just told you all something i have never told anyone before... Talk about a downer. Feel free to ignore the post and continue to be happy! lol

Hi Hon
Just been reading through ALL THOSE PAGES and came across this one! Your mum could have depression as well and, yes all those feelings you have are totally valid. Don't beat yourself up because of how you feel. You have a right to a life too as does your sister. True your mum changed your shitty nappy but my kids are older than you (OMG old biddy alert) and I remember having a choice whether to have kids or not! I also remember the pleasure of having kids and, although I would like to think my kids wouldn't desert me I feel they have an absolute right to a life of their own WITHOUT GUILT. Love yourself a little more Tyn. It's not quite enough that we all love you to bits :)
:grouphugg:​

Oh my life!

You guys can talk for frigging England!!

Elle and Jenn lets run away and get married and junk. OMG you two are comical!

Elle - I actually feel your body may be telling you what you need
Tyn - Your appointment with the GP may be just what you need to sort our your diet dilema and to discuss your mum. Good for you. Oh and please don't worry about crying - being human is no disgrace x

You're not kidding Bex. I've just spent the last hour sorting out what's going on here. Hardly had time to eat dinner! x

good grief. i go off to get weighed and have to read through a couple of pages!!

well only 2.5lbs lost this week guys, but that's still 10.5 lbs in a fortnight. not too bad. and it is totm so probably holding onto a lot of water weight. i have got some water flavouring so i have some ice lollies stewing in the freezing (um, yeah) for tomorrow. i also got my soups :) the oriental chilli one is ok. not as nice as i'd hoped but nice enough for now :) and the tomato one is still going to be divine. ha. also got some mix a mousse so i can make an angel delighty type thing with my shakes so i'm ready to roll :D hee. am sipping a bit of this flavoured water stuff and it isn't bad. bit strong so i'll put a bit less than it suggests in next time. still. it cost me £80 for a fortnight's stuff. i'm sure i didn't used to spend that much!! ha. and our bank balance is struggling and we got a red gas bill today because i forgot to pay it *sigh*. and of course it's dated from over a week ago so instead of two weeks to pay it you actually get about four days. the buggers...

so yeah. lost 2.5inches off waist, 1.75 off hips and 1 off thighs in two weeks... so it could be worse. nothing off boobs or arms though...

hope you are all doing well this afternoon?

abz xx

Yep everyone should be on my thread, yes its true! For i bringeth the besteth wordseth... or something. Mwhaa

Back