Big Boys Need Love Too!

yeah gem i catch your drift there.... *de-partaken* makes a little more sense. ;) xxx

hmm.... have to consult a dictionary about that one I reckon - but it does make more sense :D

yeah i've probably made up a whole new word there haha. x

p.s. girls very strange that totm went on for only 5 days this time. however, this makes me very happy indeed. i believe it's actually a record haha. xxx

A bit of a bonus I reckon elle. Better than your usual totm, eh?

yeah by a couple of days gem. where is everyone? abz is usually the one keeping me company during the day, and jenn lol. was checking out the meetings and events bit of the forum just, apparently there's talk of a ball, up to now the favourite venue is bham in winter 08. anyone think it's a good idea? xxx

blimey squidge, you've lost lots of weight! you look brill! i'm doing it the same way as you. have you found that it's gone pretty slowly? i'm only losing around 1-2lbs a week.

Thanks Elle! Slowly? It's taking fooooorever! But I wasn't necessarily after quick results, and it's been much easier than thought it would be. I have probably averaged between 1 and 1.5 lb's a week. Some weeks it has been 3, some none at all, but usually around 1. Suits me fine really! Definitely for me more of a lifestyle change than any sort of diet. Well done on your loss so far! What sort of changes have you made to be able to lose the weight?

What sort of changes have you made to be able to lose the weight?

Well pretty much the same as you, eating less, healthier, exercising more, drinking more water... i havent been perfect but it's been working. i think i've proven that you can still lose weight even if you do have the odd take away or chocolate or other such things that I used to eat too much of. this fills me with confidence for maintenance... In conclusion, lol, i think i'm basically trying to change my mindset. I'm hoping to reach my target by christmas so fingers crossed :) xxx

hey guys. sorry about that. have been busy... tyn babes. ogle all you like. he's a star :) keep on chugging along there honey. if you want my number all you have to do is ask and it's yours. i can tell you this is going to be one of the more surreal parts of your life, but you will get through it. and make sure you eat something. anything at all...

i met up with my mate, 'the bride' ha, and she's been changing her name at the bank etc. it seems such a faff post wedding. because of emily, the wee one, they aren't going on a big honeymoon. but guess where they are going? alton towers, ha. i've been looking at where they are staying. the rooms seem to cost a couple of hundred quid but can sleep up to five so i reckon we should just trash a room together when the big day arrives!!

it's my first day back on cd and i have forgotten to even have my shakes. oops. so going to get back on that when i get downstairs. so so far so good...

abz xx

wow that's ingenius! a honeymoon at alton towers! maybe there's a travelodge near by thats a bit cheaper? it's pretty "close" to where I live so i wouldnt necessarily have to stay, although if i was still at uni it would have been tonnes better as it's really close to there haha and i reckon i couldve found room for all of us to have crashed somewhere! student life eh. keep going abz you're doin great. me...i'm bloomin starving. just had an apple and it's done NOTHING. lol, grrrr... guess ive got to wait to go home... xxx

Its all good, dad just made us all some chips and peas, none of us where hungry, but ate it before any of our nan's found out lol. Oh well. I am just hunting for something to do, can't sit in bed anymore. I am worried now that i am not sad, or angry or anything... i think i might have broke my emotion button or something.

Hey tyn, sorry I haven't been round much, but just been reading. Nice to see you are having a laugh. And be careful with those shoes, I hear they are priceless. Smelly but priceless.:D Me too if you wanna chat to an ol' texan...I am here any time. I like having a good ole chat and a smoke. ( stopped smoking but started again the other day as it staves off my hunger when it comes)

Abz....maybe I am just a freak ( which isn't surprising) but I can't see any pics? Or am I just blind? How are you doing on Chavgangs?

Elle, well finally some time off. Time to sleep in and excercise for the rest of the day eh? Hahaha. For £245 those boots better walk for me!! They better be designer for that price. Glad to
hear your exhitbit went well. At least it kept you too busy to watch the tennis.

Gem, you're a star...definately very mothering which I quite like as my own does my nut in!!

I had my 1st weeks weight in and I have lost 10 lbs!! yeah!! Lets just see how the next few months go.

tyn, no you haven't. You're shock hun. You just feel numb, and that is ok. Sometimes it takes time. But don't worry. As long as you arne't bottling up, all will be fine. I know when I lost my grandfather I was numb for a few days...then I started crying like a loony. But I had to force myself to swallow my emotions because I was at the end of my pregnancy, and feared I would go into labour or something. And it was made worse for me as I was over here and because of the above I couldn't fly over to go to the funeral. I just hass to have flowers sent, and arranged to pay for all my grandmother's clothes ( traditional hispanic funerals have 6 parts in which woman change their outfit for every one) I think it is just an excuse to buy more clothes... but who am I to say.

My thoughts are with you sweetie, and the CD if you get the cappacino ones it is like drinking coffee all day....haahaha

Man I have been so so busy the last couple of days....Doing what you ask? Cooking. I can't believe I have been cooking the last few days and making stuff for the boy! I have made so much stuff it is unreal. But I amm glad I love to cook and even my OH has been impressed with my skills ( which I rarely used before because he is better than me so i never did much in the cooking department). I have made:
Veggie burgers, Corgette sausages, Nasi Gorgeng, mild curry beef, stir fried beef, vegtable pasta with spinach sauce,bean and cheese burritos, and mixed bean and veggie burritos. Plus I will have more to do on wedneday as I am getting my shop in then. I am sooo loving the cooking. And surprisingly it has not made me hungry. But just happy to do it. And the boy has loved trying it all so i know he will eat it and it is all from scratch and packed full of veg!!

Yeah...but right now I want to chill out...call a couple of mates and have a fag. But seeing as the boy is still awake...no dice. He isn't aware that I smoke, or even what it is as we have never done it in the house or anywhere he can see us.

How is everyone else doing?

Yea Jenn, I do that too. When I'm not eating so much I spend hours in the kitchen cooking food! I wonder why that is. You have an excuse, your little boy.

Tyn - All you are experiencing is quite normal. When the emotions are too much to bear your mind shuts it out or something. Don't worry, your reactions are just that - your reactions and completely OK. Glad to hear you ate something. x

Howdy.

I keep laughing, and finding things funny, this is just freaking me out now. I am going insane i think.

But hmm, i can't cook. I have no idea how i will learn now, my mum was always the one who could make things, now i will never get her secret recipie for her mince. Hmm never thought of that before.

Who knows the recipe may be with some of her stuff. I have a book with all my off beat recipes in but haven't thought to tell the kids yet. Guess I should really. Don't worry about laughing. Sometimes grief takes people like that - or it might be that the feelings are too oppressive and the valve needed to go. All is normal. You are not going out of your head. x

tyn....hmmm...mince...I think gem is right she may have written it down somewhere. It maybe she used to use a certain cook book. As far as cooking...if you can follow instructions, you can cook. Well at least that is what I think. For me if I impress my OH with the taste, then I know it must be good.

Personally when i need to deal with stuff in my head I clean. Cooking is something I love, but cleaning is what i do when I am trying to sort things out in my head...or if hte house needs a good clean. hehehe. it's the deep cleans that people need to worry about with me. ahahaha

Deep cleans with lots of clattering around could be bad news then Jenn x

i wish i cleaned when i needed to sort stuff. i just read and sleep and watch films. i have taken pain killers for my back and am feeling a wee bit floaty and funny... i took them after my shake and none of the previous tummy aches... and i must remember not to dance. at least i only have to take them post dancing these days...

it's the end of day one again. i have managed but not without struggle. it would be so easy to give up and not bother.

tyn. if you want to go mad for a bit, then do so. you are well within your right. laughing is good. hysterical laughing is good, laughing while crying is good, laughing because you don't know what else to do is good, but best of all is the smile when you remember something your mum did that made you laugh. and you'll get there. you'll feel guilty because for a second you'll forget. and when you get to that point you know that you'll make it. so if you are laughing babes, you and your family will be fine.

as for what you said earlier about whether you were going back to uni or not, really think about it. if you don't go back, or if you take a year out, then those doctor ambitions of yours will be that little bit further away. obviously now isn't the time to bog yourself down with such things, but i find that getting back into something, having something to really work at, having a purpose really helps me...

am thinking of you babes.

abz xx

Back