Big Boys Need Love Too!

i used to lose a lot more on the red days but i guess that was just because there were less carbs... i did enjoy slimming world. i found it far too easy to cheat though...

abz xx

Abz - The TOTM AGAIN must be dragging you down big time. If your heart's not in the Cambridge thing any more or you're feeling awful on it why not look around for something else - don't just leave it to go sour. You may find it suits you. On the other hand if you really feel it's right for you - keep with it. Either way, make sure you are doing the right thing for you. With you whatever you decide x

i am going to discuss it with my cdc tonight i think. she will probably want to put me up on a higher plan. one with food. it will knock me out of ketosis and my losses will be a lot less but at least i won't be in a hormonal nightmare all the bloody time. i feel like i have multiple personalities at the mo. i'm such a laid back person. honest!! :D even if i don't seem like it. and i hate that i'm not that person any more. so i'll talk it through with her. i just love the thought of being at goal for christmas and that isn't possible without cambridge i don't think...

anyways. we'll see how i go. i'll talk it through with her and see what she says. who knows. i may have lost loads and just not know it...

abz xx

Abz - if you can do what you have done with Cambridge, there is no reason you would cheat on SW - it would be a doddle and I don't think you would cheat. The only problem would be finding something other than SW food diaries to perv over x

If you lose steadily and healthily, how much will it matter if it takes a little longer? You've got the rest of your life to enjoy being slim - and you will be. I reckon you've probably got plenty of time to spare before the wedding so do what you need to do. x

i am struggling with making a decision about it to be honest. i'm also worried that if i do come off cambridge the first thing i'm going to do is fall face down in a pizza... i really don't want to end up putting all that weight back on again... obviously i do have some self control, ha. but i am finding it difficult at the moment. i will see what my options are when i go and talk to my cdc. there are only a couple of weeks until i go away to denmark now. it seems silly to stop just before i go...

jenn, how much did you gain when you switched from cambridge to slimming world?

abz xx

Abz - falling face down into a pizza isn't the worse thing that could happen. Plan for it. Get a really nice one from the supermarket and have half a large or a small one with LOADS of salad and a nice yogurt for pud. You feel full and you have satisfied a craving. I had that last night with the addition of about a handfull of pasta (cos OH needs a little more bulk in his food) and I had dropped half a lb this morning. If you decide to come off CD plan for your cravings in advance and make them part of your eating plan. You'll be OK whatever you decide. We'll all be behind you kicking ass, won't we? x

OMFG!!!!!!! excuse the language but you guys willnever guess what I just saw...and it was all I could do not to wee on my self with laughter.....THE NEW- NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK video....what were they thinking?? can't they just leave things in the past....all a bit desparate now...heheheheehe

hmm... sounds a bit dodgy - but you never know, Take That pulled it off - and The Rolling Stones never went away did they? x

silence....well I am sure I am going to go for it. I can see it is similar to spanish which I find easy...so I will let you know once I start and maybe you can let me try some out on you...so you can have a good ole laugh!! hahaha

I'd be glad to! :)
As I said before I would encourage anyone to learn a language. It's so fulfilling! Good luck or should I say bonne chance!

~Silence~

hmm... sounds a bit dodgy - but you never know, Take That pulled it off - and The Rolling Stones never went away did they? x
Now Gem, you know I like you but can we have a reality check here please?! The stones were preserved by all the drugs they took. Take That were good and are now excellent. NKOTB were extreme cheese! No no no no no, they should NOT try to make a come back!

I was thinking that maybe everyone deserves a second chance but you could be right about New Kids - they were pretty bad! If it was drugs that preserved the Stones then Verve were right "The Drugs Don't Work" - after all, who wants to look like that? x

hahaha...right with ya taz....they were " oh...oh...oh...oh-oh" so bad!! I mean I was about 11 when they were out and fancied them...but not as musicians...which they certainly are not!! Not by any stretch of the imagination. The stone were pickled and I think it is only the fact that their bodies are so full of ash and cocaine resine that they still live!!
Take that...Only ever heard back for good in the US but got into them when i first came over. I love them and the last album was great. But NKOTB....hmmm....the song was just as c**p as they used to be...but now they look so out of place, it just doesn't go. You should you tube it....have a laugh and a gasp at that same time.

I am full as anything now....it is date night so we went to have chinese, but it was closed to we went to the thai place...it was nice...and I stopped...but little too late I think...I had 2-3 bites more than I should. I don't feel too bad....just dreading tomorrow's check. Oh well I have till monday eh...normally I work it out so fingers crossed I will just be the same as I was this morning....if not...well...then not!! hahahaa....just be careful the rest of the week.

Oh and I got LU enrolled in his first nursery. He starts on the 2nd.....oh the apprehention is almost unbareable. His first time being away from me like that when he is not at his nana's . Well it will do him good....bring on the germs!! hehehe

i was about to say they had been pickled!! ha.

well guys. i was right. i hadn't lost even close to what i should have. and when i told her everything i had eaten and drank and the exercise i was doing etc she couldn't understand it either. and the hormonal and period thing just isn't right. i don't like myself. so the plan now is to go up to 810cals a day for a week, which is three shakes and then a small meal in the evening and then onto the 1000cals plan which is two shakes plus three small meals a day, plus some fruit for snacking etc. sounds really nice. there are actually recipes, ha. of course i have had a minor blowout tonight since i am coming out of ketosis in any case. but sssssh, ha. so tomorrow i am on my three shakes and then we have to go shopping for food, ha. i get to have a small piece of protein, like a chicken breast and then two tablespoons of veg or salad. almost a feast after what i've been on...

i barely remember the new kids on the block. i was a massive take that fan when i was little and now it's my mum that's buying the albums!! ha.

abz xx

OMG - Mere babes - I go back to the days of The Faces, Bay City Rollers, The Beatles, The Walker Bros - Oh, and I saw Jimmy Hendrix live x

I saw Take That live the first time around... OK not that cool! I wasn't really a fan but went with my friends. Take That were quite good. It was all the girls with whistles that drove me out and off to the bar (for a coke - I was 15!)

I was a NKOTB fan and had their albums on cassette. And I had a NKOTB beach towel I bought when I was in Florida. I was always a bit odd because I fancied Jon who was the quiet one. Agree they really shouldn’t make a comeback. Best left in my memory I think.

Lately though I’ve discovered a love of 70s rock via the Life on Mars soundtrack. Electric Light Orchestra are definitely my favourite at the moment. Dad thinks it’s great because I’m lending him my albums.

Jenn, I was about 13 at the time. All my friends were going to see the Walker Bros and I wanted to go too but my mum wouldn't let me go unaccompanied. My Dad looked at the line up and said, "We could take her, that Hendrix bloke is supporting and I'd like to see him". ]

All I wanted to do is go with my mates but off I went with my mum and dad. I don't remember anything the Walkers did (just a load of screaming girls and a boy band) but Hendrix - now that WAS something. Trouble was I was out of the conversation at school next day as all the girls could talk about was the Walkers and I was still buzzing from Jimmy Hendrix.

I was also part of a playground sit down protest one lunch time because the Beatles were passing through the local station and the Head had refused to let us all go half hour early to stand at the station and watch the train go by in the hope of a glimpse (sad). At one point I remember one of the boys starting a conga style chain and we all went through the boys toilets (ewww....) out into the corridor, past the Head's office, up the other corridor and out through the girls toilets (shocking!!!) then we sat back down and refused to move. When the bell went the Head came out, put his hands on his hips and delivered an untimatum - one by one we all caved in and went grumbling to the classrooms. It was fun while it lasted but we were all cowards at heart. A few brave souls bunked off and went down to the station anyway but it was all in vain. The train sped through the station but there was no way of knowing whether they were in there or not as the carriage windows had been blacked out.
Oh happy days x

ELO pretty cool. Saw Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells) and Barclay James Harvest (Child of the Universe) in Bristol. Saw Fleetwood Mac in Weston-Super-Mare. I still love Pink Floyd but never got to see them live. I did say way back in the posting that I was just an old hippy, now you believe me I guess. x

Back