Big Boys Need Love Too!

About the old or the hippy bit? The only time I have heard of any of those is when my parents have looked through their old records! Yikes!

Well morning all, I am definately the first today!

:character00238: Good Morning Everyone :character00238:

I am up bright (?) and early this morning because I am going swimming. This will possibly be my last chance to go to the over 50s session (hahaha) before going back to work. Last time I went it was nice quiet sedate lanes with no kids jumping in but I had to convince reception I was eligible for the session. I guess that was a compliment.

Yes Taz, you are the first this morning - just stupid o'clock today, not rediculous o'clock! I hope you are feeling much better today.

I am hoping I will see my youngest daughter before I go away if she can get the time off work. She works very hard and difficult hours (very much like you Taz). I look forward to seeing her. She has kindly agreed to look after my little old cat while we are away.

My other daughter lives 150 miles away and I have not been there for quite a while but she has visited a few times with the little ones. I talk to her regularly and my little grandson who is nearly 3.

When I go to Cornwall next week I will see my son who lives there. That will be good. He too is very busy and I hope to get a little quality time with him.

Yes Taz, I am an old hippy and if you recognised the names in last night's post from your mum and dad's record collection they must have good taste!!! I'm also an old folker (no I'm not being rude! How dare you suggest that?) and that is a whole other collection of records and CDs.

I am hoping to record a loss on Friday at weigh in but I think it's more likely to be sts as I had squatters to shift this week (gone!) and I have been doing some muscle strengthening exercises, which will mean more muscle bulk (not a bad thing).

So all in all a good morning with the sun threatening to appear up in the sky. Have a lovely day everyone :character00238:

good morning guys. well today is my first day of the 810 plan so three shakes and a salad for me today methinks. we'll see how i get on. hopefully this will be the end of my mood swings and hormonal outbreaks of wrath. i have started to dislike who i am, so hopefully this is the way back to who i was before, minus a chunk of fat...

another couple of lbs down this week. i still haven't quite managed the 2 stone mark so hopefully this week will give me 1.75 lbs off to get there...

need to get glugging the water and i also desperately need coffee. how is everyone else doing this morning?

hope you enjoy your swim and your sun gem. there's even a little bit poking through the trees at my end :)

abz xx

Hi abz. The sun hasn't come to much but looking forward to the swim with the old ladies (hahaha). I'll be mortified if any of them overtake me! I'm feeling quite strong at the moment, physically and mentally. I have been doing a set of pilates type exercises every day for 2 weeks and my tummy and back feel firm, also my inner self feels "intact" and strong. I hope that stays when I go back to work in a couple of weeks time. Before then I have another week of music and walking in Cornwall.

I have treated myself to a bottle of bio oil. I have a lot of weight to lose and while I can tone up the muscles inside with pilates, the skin may need a little help. I'm using it on my boobs, tummy and bum and maybe the thigh area too. Well you can't say I don't try can you? x

morning all.....ok....ELO yeah loved them. Fleetwood mac....Great great back. My uncle is a big fan so I fell in love too. I am a big 80's fan...always have been. But my musical taste is so varied. But then again, whilst I LIKE a lot of the beatles....they are ok, in my book. MY LU loves twist and shout.....hahaha. My mother loved more 50's music. I can't say I am into her tastes...my step-father is a big 80's fan. Although we only get along now...it is funny how we both like the some of the same bands, which was a shock for me as he never played then when I was growning up. Concerts...well, I didn't go to many, (THE PARENTS) weren't overly keen on it. But I did see ....wait for it.....Hewy Lewis and the news!!! hahahah... I also saw skid row and pantera ( which I am sure NONE of you heard of), Lita Ford and Boyz II men, Montel jordan and Mary J Blige. But my first concert was to see some weird country star ( at the time) called David Frizel. I remember it distinctly as my mother made me go and get a kiss from him...and all I could do was think my face was contaminated forever!! YUK!! *LOL*

Ok something freaky is going on with my body at the minute. I have lost another pound on this mornings check....so since sunday I have lost 4lbs....WTF!!!! No idea how this is happening. We even went to dinner last night for a thai and I had deep fried things....I mean most of what I ate was fish and beef. But what a shock. The only thing I have done differently is drink tons more water as I noticed I had been slipping a bit on that. But whatever is happening it can still keep going, cuz this is better than cding was for me!! hehehehe. So whilst "offically" I am still were I was....I have now lost 2 stone....YEAH!!!! which really is what I was hoping to lose by now on CD. So I am on track. By the way does anyone do yoga...and if so does any one know of a good workout dvd?

Abz...good luck hun, I know you will get to where you want!! Enjoy your food...and I know you will find yourself again. That was the problem for me too. Maybe I just go there faster than you did, but I realised I wasn't me anymore. I had become someone I didn't like. I was being horrible to OH and my patience with LU was really thin....now...it is all back on track and I am me again...and just a bit less of me to boot!!

evening all. Got WI in half an hour and it's not looking good at all!

Heard something a little shocking at work - Aparently all our unform is made in China and they put a coating on it to stop it rotting in transit. It's aparently a coating that can't be washed out and has been banned for use in this country as it can be cancerous when absorbed through the skin off the clothing! I don't know how true that is but I don't like the sound of it. Aparently they are looking into it

ooooowwww...sounds nasty...good thing they are looking into it. If it is the case...do you think to gov. will say so, knowing they will have to scrap the lot and start a fresh?

Get the union onto it. They can force an inquirey by an independent body. If no joy, you could always get the TV investigative reporters onto it - they'd love it. x

Get the union onto it. They can force an inquirey by an independent body. If no joy, you could always get the TV investigative reporters onto it - they'd love it. x
Yeah and I'd lose my job! I am going to do some more digging and find out the facts. We used to be supplied by Alexandra Workwear who have always had a really good reputation so I am really surprised by that. The contract with them has just finished and I don't know who the new suppliers will be. It might be the potential new suppliers that the scandal is about though and may not involve the uniform we already have

The union can ask the questions without detriment to anyone's job and they can also make the decision for its members not to wear the uniforms until sorted. Talk quietly to your rep. x

Well Taz, is there something you're not telling us?

OMG Gem. I'm soooo jealous..... I LOVE the bands you got to see.... Hendrix is just a GOD, Fleetwood Mac are LEGENDS. Also love most other 70s rock... Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, Black Sabbath, Rainbow.
My Dad saw them all and still has the ticket stubs which is pretty cool.
I was never into pop music when I was a kid, so I never listened to take that etc. The only bands I've seen play live are The Beautiful South, Less Than Jake (US ska band) and Katie Melua.

~Silence~

hehehe....When I was about 6 my brother's used to listen to metallica and I really got into them. So people say it sounds like noise...but I don't agree. I was always into them. Many a summer was spent with my big butt on a wall edge, listening on my cheap walkman ( well it was a cheaper version of a walkman)Very fond memories. The walkman was hilarious now that I think about it. it had only a power button and a fast forward....nothing else. It cost about $10 but you know what it lasted me a long time. I even bashed it on the ground a few times and it still kept going. hahaha. I think I wanted to be like my brothers cuz at one point in was into iron madien, megadeath etc... But my best stuff was always back to good ole van morrison, otis reading, and then even up to UB40, madness, the specials, the clash, all that kind of stuff....I love my music. I can't not have music on. Everything I do around the house I always have my ipod on the dock and just jam it up. Just wish I could sing!! *LOL* I sound like a dog being kicked when I sing... but I do it anyway. Even my LU sings all the time...hahaha.

Well gem...fingers crossed tomorrow I have another loss....not so sure at the moment, but I could be in for another lb off. I had a lovely dinner. I made homemade meatball, with extra lean mince, feta cheese, and herbs, it was so nice, with a salad of spinach,rocket, and watercress. LU laughed at me and said " mama, we don't eat leaves and grass...they are yuky!! "hahaha...but he liked the meatballs.

Tomorrow I am off to finally get my aircon fixed. I swear chrysler are c**p, but at least this time they are going to pay for 1/3 of the cost. Which in reality they could have said SO WHAT. I am taking LU to see kung fu panda (his first time at the cimema) and then out to lunch with a mate of mine. So it should be a good day out.

When I saw Hendrix I didn't know what I was seeing. He was just the supporting act but I knew he was something special even then. It was SO obvious, even to a 13 year old. My heros at the time were very different, they were Joan Baez (who I have met briefly) and Bob Dylan (who had so much influence on Hendrix). I have remained true to those two artists and still admire them very much.

I really loved the old bluesey Fleetwood Mac (Man of the World, Need your love so bad etc) and still like to listen to that now. Fave Floyd albums are The Wall (CD2 with Comfortably Numb on it) and Division Bell. Anyone out there into Santana?

Well, my mate and I went swimming this morning and some of those old ladies (and old men!) are pretty nifty in the water. It was a bit dodgy at times as they tend to stop in mid lane to chat and drift, making it difficult to go round them. That aside, I managed to do 26 lengths. I was pretty dam proud of myself seeing as the last time I went was 16 months ago and I was managing about 16 lengths on a good day. x

gem...yeah well into santana....grew up with him, as my parents are hispanic...and very big into his mexican/spanish stuff.
Dylan...you know...the music I can appreicate....it is his voice I can't stand...never could get into it...but I quite like the tracks without his voice. Flloyd...well...when i was young and used to do naughty naughty things...I used to love to just lay back and chill out to them...it was amazing...could completely put you into another world.
Funny thing is...I remember as a 3 year old laying down between my parents speakers and listening to donna summers..."macarthur park" and getting so upset....I ran over to my mum and said " mama, the girl on the radio left her cake out in the rain...and shee can't make another one cuz she can't get the recipe again!!" I started to cry...and now...I just laugh!!

Haha - It's like that with Bob Dylan - People either love his voice or hate it. I love it, my OH and my mate hate it. His music is such an important influence and over so long too and the DNA of his music goes right back to roots music.
Jenn - How very like you to be the little girl who was worried about a recipe! "It took so long to bake it" - no wonder you were worried hehehe.

You don't really need to do naughty things when you're listening to Pink Floyd - you can get high just listening to the music. Jenn, did you see the Gilmore concert on TV a little while ago - he was really quite something. It was late and I stayed up to watch it on my own - WOW! X

Aaaah Pink Floyd. I grew up listening to them. My Dad was a fan. Best songs, in my opinion are Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb.
One of my fave albums in the world is Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. I just love it.

~Silence~

The union can ask the questions without detriment to anyone's job and they can also make the decision for its members not to wear the uniforms until sorted. Talk quietly to your rep. x
It was one of the reps that told me about it. It seems they are already on to it. I'm not sure if this scandal relates to the uniform we already have or the one from the proposed new supplier

Scary stuff Taz - has to be sorted. I was asking about your weigh in, that's all.

Rumours is a good album, I have that too. Comfortably numb one of my favourites too - used to listen to it with my son (a confirmed Floydie) and it got me through my Dad's last illness - released all the emotions for me - so there are happy and sad memories of that one x

Back