Big Boys Need Love Too!

Hey all!

Well that was a waste of £30!

Got there, filled all the paperwork out, waited, and when i got into see him, he took one look inside, and took his gloves off. The tooth is dead, but has caused an infectioin to spread into my gums. Great, take it out so i can actually stop feeling pain 24/7. Nope, i have to wait 2-3 more days before the pain even starts to go away, as i have to take anitibiotics to kill the infection before they can deal with the tooth.

Wonderful, spiffy, just amazing!

Some reason, my face has picked today of all the days to explode. It is SOOOO swollen right now i can smile, eat, barely talk and it still feels like someone is stabbing me in the face. Ugh, i have had several pericings, broken both legs, twice and nothing is even close to this pain!

hey martyn, sorry to hear you're in so much pain, toothache is the worst pain in the world, hope the antibiotics kick in soon for you hun. big hugs. x

Yeah unfortunately they can't take a tooth out if it has an infection in it cus the infection can get into the blood stream. It really sucks but it is for the best. Once those antibiotics kick in you will feel much better

I am starting to get worried, i took the antibiotics 2 hours ago, and instead of helping, the left side of my face is starting to grow in size even faster that before, all my left cheek is swollen now and its getting close to my eye, oh and it hurts like hell, only now i can't open my mouth to do anything. Grrr this royally sucks.

Hey Girlies

It wasn't a reaction, its just the stuff takes 24 hours to work, and usually gets worse before it gets better. I have to keep an eye on it, use salt and water mouth washes and keep taking my pills and just try and not go crazy. 3 days of constant pain and little sleep, ugh i m going to end up more of a nut job by the end of this!

Hooray! I was worried for a bit. I know your pain, at least it isn't a lower wisdom tooth - they require surgery and I had to wait 6 months for mine. I actually began to get used to the pain...

The question is - does it make you want to eat less?

am glad you are ok tyn. i was worried about you. keep a close eye on it though!! don't let it get worse!!

abz xx

I keep falling to sleep for an hour then waking up with a headache and a bit more swelling, is its not starting to go down tomorrow i will be annoyed, 5 days of it before it gets better, thats annoying, gonna take better care of them now tho, don't want this again lol.

Hey Tyn, sorry to hear your are still in pain. I am sure dentist are the spawn of the devil sent to torment us!! Evil evil people!! *LOL*
Hope you get better soon. Take it easy and hopefully things will get better soon.

J

Hi everyone. I've just been catching up with all I have missed so just quickly -
Jenn - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
Taz - WELL DONE FOR YOUR TWO GRADINGS!!!!!!!
Tyn - I hope you feel better soon - Well done for getting your uni work out of the way
Abz - Glad you're eating a bit more - might get your emotions back in check and start the weight rolling off
Elle - well done for finding the internet cafe - that's dedication for you
Claire - Well done for resisting the McDs - Yum to McFlurrys
Welcome to the newbies at Tyn's place

See you all tomorrow - I'm off to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz x

gem!! glad to have you back. i bet you had the most fabulous time. looking forward to hearing about it :)

good morning everyone. how is your face tyn? the pain gone down some yet??

it's my last weigh in tonight before i go away on holiday. woo. ha. although i know that because of this i'm bound to come off plan before thursday evening. which is when i was planning on coming off plan. ah well.. we'll see how we go. you never know. i might do ok, ha. i've battled so hard to get it off though i can see me starting to eat normally and gaining three stone overnight just to spite me... logic tells me this isn't the case but still... ha.

i'm glad 'the talk' went well jenn :) do you know how far gone you are? (sounds like you are either drunk or heading for the looney bin doesn't it??)

well i am sitting here eating large amounts of grapes. i had a hankering. and now i'm allowed, ha.

how is everyone else on this fine morn? i've discovered that after today and tomorrow i have 19 days off!! 19!!! ha.

abz xx

Morning Abz, just be determined and stay on plan til Thursday night. It's only a couple of days! You can do it. Good luck for your WI

Gem, good to see you back. You were up late last night! Lie in for you this morning then

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Hi there all. Yes Taz, I was up till silly hours playing with the washing and a few other things so had a little lie in this morning. I was happy to see Mr Sun poke his head through my window. Cornwall was a little overcast last week but we didn't get rained on amazingly. It was very warm so I walked around in vest tops all week. It was when the sun did manage to peek through, notably on Sunday when we had an open air event and it was also Regatta Day down in the Cove (quick sprint to see the end of that). The kids event was funny - they had all made little rafts and were trying to get each other off with flour bombs. Great to see kids being kids and having some good clean fun. Teenagers there join in with the really energetic and competative grown up stuff and are really valued - the whole village turns out - I love it.

While away I have eaten lots of healthy food (and ice cream) and done loads of walking. I am feeling quite strong at the moment.

I officially have squatters - I blame it on the guinness (nowhere near as good as the Irish version) but you've gotta do something to lubricate the vocal chords (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

It's "good girl Gem" time now. The holiday season is over and the next big one is at the end of october. There may be a family weekend in between but I will have a chance to shed some real pesky pounds in the next 7 weeks. I'm going shopping later to get all the fresh stuff and things that'll be easy to take to school as I am back to work tomorrow - just 2 days this week. Will probably be absolutely all in by tomorrow evening!

I have had fun catching up with all the posting. It all goes on when Gem's away doesn't it?

I'm so pleased for you Jenn - this is just the news you wanted I reckon and Taz - despite your injuries not long ago and having to stop practicing for your gradings you passed BOTH - what a star.

What is everyone else up to today? :character00238: x

i'm working all day. getting weighed tonight. then OH is off to kobudo so i think i'll chill out with a naff film or two and try and resist getting chinese, ha. just having a strong coffee to go with my grapes. can you tell i'm hoping for some 'movement' before i get weighed. it's been a while... ha.

abz xx

Back