Big Boys Need Love Too!

I had a similar problem with my cereal this morning although luckily I gave it a sniff first and decided to dump the milk and get some toast at work!

Hi everyone. I survived my first day back at work. Boss being very careful and nice to me - I wonder why! Tired this evening though as I didn't actually get home until 7pm. My mum unwell so went to the nursing home to see her on the way home.

Good with food today - no mishaps and a nice jacket spud with cottage cheese and salad for dinner tonight.

I have one more day at work this week (tomorrow) and two days next week. The fun starts next week when the kids are back in!

Taz - my cottage cheese was better than yours
Abz - Not long to go now - embrace the squatters for a couple of weeks and evict them later - it'll be fine
Tyn - I hope you feel better soon
Jenn - You can come and do my laundry if you like
Claire - Nice to see you hitting "big boys" on a regular basis

Oooo..! I nearly forgot - when I started this journey I was size 24, then I went to 22. For a little while I've found 22 baggy and 20 not fitting so laughingly joked that I was a 21! Tonight guys I put on and fitted into a pair of jeans, a pair of smart trousers and a smart T shirt IN A SIZE 20!!!!!!! yay!
:bliss:​
Signing off now as I will probably have an early night x :)

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

It looks like I might be first today. I have started to use my "happy lamp". It is fairly dark in the morning when we wake up (5.25) and several years ago I decided that I didn't want to wake up in the dark to the sound of an alarm clock buzzing, then OH snapping the light on to get dressed, then dark again until I rise just before 6am (allowing time for OH to use bathroom).

I looked around for a solution and a friend told me about the sunrise/sunset lamp. It's got an opal semi-circular shade and you can have the light fading out gradually at night and rising again over a set time in the morning. I also have a CD alarm which permanently has an ambient CD in it and at 5.25 when the light is already waking us up the music plays gently to do the rest of the job.

I couldn't go back to the old way. I only use the sunrise in the winter but use the fade out every night. OH leaves a dim light if he goes early and I just set it to go down as I go to bed - beautiful.

Well I have to do another day at school today and then I have another 4 days off. I'm feeling quite tired after my first day but I did expect that.

Hopped on scales this morning - squatters seem to be running scared - hope to report a STS this week but not sure if I can get rid of them quite that quick. We'll see.

Will catch up with you all later. Have a lovely day everyone :character00238: x

Hahaaha...nice one Gem. I heard about those too. But I am one of those freaks who can manage to get up just as the alarm goes off, and I get dressed in the dark. Or at least grab my stuff ( which I have set out the night before) and go the loo or the spare room ( which will no longer exsit soon. I have one of those ambient sound alarm clocks though. It's funny that there is a sea sound on it, but if I just open the windows as night I can hear it from down the road!! *LOL*
Can't use the other two sounds as one is crickets and they creep me ( haven't been cricket poppin on years-southern thing). And the other one is like a trickling water fall...which makes me was to use the loo....so ocean waves it is....hahaha....Saying that I always have our ceiling fan on so that is fairly ambient anyway.It has a remote and a dimmer on it...so if I set it to as low as it gets the night before , When I get up I can just hit on and it comes back to the low setting.

Anyway good luck and have a good day today. I know what you mean about tired. I am tired again, got up 3 times lastnight . Went to bed about 12am and then up at 7am. Should be ok, but seeing as I only got about 4 hours the night before, I am really tired. Have the nusery run for LU then have to go into town to run errands whilst he is there, then back to get him...but Luckily...he is at his nana's this afternoon for his sleep over, so I get a bit of a rest. I think I may just chill in the spare room, read me book and sleep!!

have a good day every one.

Abz.....you excited? Only a few days now!!

good morning everyone. i tried to have a lie in this morning and failed miserably so have been awake since around 6ish reading. have now had a shower. i am shattered but know i won't be able to get back to sleep. i am hoping for a nap later on before my friend jo comes over later, ha. i have managed to gain four lbs worth of squatters in two days and i haven't been eating that much!! something tells me that this holiday is going to do a LOT of damage... a lot of it will be water i suppose. i was naff at drinking yesterday. in fact i'm not really sure i did drink more than a couple of cups of tea so i'll get onto that today and see what tomorrow brings. if i put 2 lbs on every day i'm going to be past what i was when i started by the time i get back!!

abz xx

Morning all.

Gem, that is great about the size 20's you must be so happy about that!

Jenn, you make me laugh with your alarm clock! Love it

Abz, just enjoy your holiday and deal with the squatters when you get back

yeah Gem....That is Brilliant!! You've done so so well. How proud you must be!! I will get there, but I think it will be a ways off at the moment. hahaha. Oh well, got a better pay off for now. Just have to try harder next time. Well I am in 24's which I was/am chuffed about....but No doubt the 26's will have to come back out!! Did try some one but they just fall off. See the thing I hate is that I carry my weight like a builder!! All belly and no place for it to go but down!!
Most woman have this odd shape, which I like much better than my own. Sort of a hip spread and no major belly hang...but me....I could just pull my jeans down to show the crack and put a hard hat on and be on my way!!

well when you are writing all you have is description!!hshahah did you see the the topic I put on SW...."disgusting sun discussion-fatties should be denied IVF!" man I am still fight mad about all that right now...I could punch some one!!! And I never get this angry....

Ha ha! Jenn - you've never got builder's bum have you? No I'm not quite in a 20, though I can get into it ok I wouldn't feel all that comfortable going out with a muffin top. I will just have to shed a little more though and I will be able to wear them properly. Don't get me wrong, I could just about go out in a 20 but wouldn't feel entirely right. My ambient music is chosen by me cos it's a CD player so I don't have limited choices. x
Don't get too steamed up about the squatters Abz cos we always win the squatter war don't we? x

Well, I've survived day 2 at school and now have 4 days off to recover. I have some paperwork to catch up with tomorrow and my mum to visit at the nursing home. Then of course I have to practice some of my music for a show that's coming up. I guess I won't be having a lot of time to spare again x

Yea Taz - me and about 40 other acts but it is a good showcase for my songs cos it's a songwriters festival - bit scary though. x

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Looking at the TV I am glad I was in Cornwall LAST week. The storms look awful - bet the sea is spectacular though.

Well you guys - weighed in this morning - did think I might leave it until Monday but decided to go with it and record it here whatever it was. I came home with 5 squatters on Monday and I now only have 2 - that represents a gain of 2lb even though I have lost 3lb. I will not change the ticker cos I will have to change it next Friday anyway as those two squatters are coming off and hopefully taking a few friends with them! Believe!

I have eaten out a couple of times this week and been back to work for two days and don't feel I've done too badly with the squatter eviction under the circumstances. Then of course there was the size 20 jeans, trousers and top that I got in for the first time in years. The other good news is that's £2 for charity. My three favourite charities at the moment are RNLI, and two Cornwall based charities, Childrens Hospice Southwest (building a much needed childrens hospice for Cornwall) and Shelterbox (taking vital aid to disaster areas all over the word. £400 will equip a family of 10 for around 6 months with tent, pots, water purification etc.) http://www.shelterbox.org/

I have it all under control and am sure that ticker will move downwards next Friday :character00238:

Last edited:
Morning Gem, I woke up early and can't get back to sleep so I got up but now I feel really tired and yucky!

Morning Taz. That's the trouble with early workers - we get up when we don't have to don't we? x

Right - Job done! Have paid £10 penalty for 2 non-evicted squatters to Shelterbox - maybe those squatters and their friends will need one of those boxes next week cos they'll certainly be homeless. x

Back