Big Boys Need Love Too!

Taz & Gem - I'm really sorry to hear all your bad news and I hope that we can support you here when you need it. I'm sure many of us have lost someone close to us and know a little of how you are feeling.

My tip from when my nan died is that if you need an excuse or push to cry (I found it hard to let it out), watch Love Actually.

Thinking of you both and sending a virtual hug. x

Gem
Sorry to hear your sad news. It is still a shock when it happens even though you knew she was poorly. She is now with your dad. Just think about the good memories

Big ((((hugs))))

Irene xx

Taz and Gem....I am really sorry to hear of both of your losses. Please know I will be thinking of your both. I too lost my grandfather a few years ago to cancer. It was very hard as I was here and 36 weeks pregnant with LU so I was unable to travel ( no one will let you fly that late on in pregnancy) so I was unable to really have a final goodbye at the funeral. We only found out he was ill and 3 weeks later he was gone. Luckily for me, I caught him in my last coherant days and was able to say my goodbyes over the phone, when he still knew who I was. It is very painful, and I know your loved ones will be near by to help walk through these unpleaseant times with you both!! Take care and remember all the good times and memories you have had with them. The times they made you laugh, the movie moments you had with them. Sending love to you both!!

Jenn
xx

Thanks for the good wishes and hugs. They are much appreciated x

Taz & Gem - so sorry for your losses, my thoughts are with you. x

Thanks for all the kind wishes. Yes Gem I have loads of great memories of my nan. We were very close and in her last years whenever we went out for dinner she would always ask me what I was having and order the same as me. She used me as her ally when my mum was 'telling her off', she would look to me to back her up and I always did in a fun kind of way. But most of all, the thing I will never ever forget is the last thing she said to me: I love you

That is SO special Taz - hold on to that x

good morning everyone.

gem, i'm so sorry to hear about your mum.

taz. i'm so sorry to hear about your nan.

my love and thoughts are with you both.

abz xx

well my body is finally rebelling against all the sugary nonsense and bread it has consumed. it is almost impossible to avoid bread over here. it seems to be a stable part of every meal going!! and my body doesn't like it. or all the danish pastry. this week has to go a bit more steadily i think. i'm supposed to be getting weighed a day after we get back but i really really don't want to. so i think i'm going to ask her if i can have a week to get myself in gear. i have enough packs to do that. and i will feel better about it. size 18 troos still fitting but i have only been here a week!! all we've done is go out to eat. at least if we'd stayed at home we would have celebrated OH's 30th once but we have already had four celebratory meals with different folk, one is awaiting our return in england too. and then the 'we haven't seen you for nine months, let me cook you an insanely huge dinner to welcome you back' meals. urgh. i feel like a blob. ah well. i'm on holiday and the sun is shining today. i think we are going to see an underground church. i'm not sure why it is underground. i think they just built another huge town hallish building on top of it many years ago. amusingly enough that building now houses the tourist information office so it's easy enough to find out about it, ha.

abz xx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Not a very bright morning in this part of Cyberland but Mr sun is trying to peep around the corner so ever hopeful :character00238:

Lots to do today - so much for a phased return, I'm off again dealing with my mum's affairs, sorting out funeral arrangements etc and to be honest I'm not sure I would be much use to them at work at the moment.

I know what I have to do as I sorted out my Dad's affairs 3 years ago and have been managing Mum's ever since and back in June I was sorting out for Mum's sister who died. I guess it won't be that difficult, just dealing with an assortment of times that officials put on things which may or may not marry up with each other.

The lady at the Funeral Directors is lovely. She has the same name as my mum and has handled many of the family funerals so it will not be as daunting as it could be.

Yesterday I went shopping with my mate. It was Sunday and until Mum went into hospital in December that was the day when we used to shop for Mum and visit her together. She was still in her flat then and spent most of her time on the sofa dozing and sometimes we found her in the dark with no TV.

We bussled around and filled the flat with laughter for her while we put the shopping away. Then we would coax her to remember her "naughty rhymes". Every time she would say "Ooo you two, don't make me say naughty things" then, with very little persuading she would grin and say them all - with feeling.

She always said she didn't want to go into a home and was really upset when there was no alternative. The reality of it though was that she needed people around her and would not hook into any of the activities at the flats where she lived. Her life, despite the best efforts of the warden, social services and others, was solitary except when the carers came in and out and when I was able to visit.

Added to all that was her need for nursing care - more than could be provided in the community.

Anyway - it is a brand new day for everyone else and a brand new week to look forward to and I hope it will bring a lot of fun, happy memories with those you love and nice numbers on weigh in day.

Have a lovely day everyone :character00238:

Reactions: Taz
Hi abz - lovely to hear from you again - and don't worry about the weight cos you know they're only squatters. I put on 5 of the pesky little b*****s when I was away. and they took 2 week to evict but they well and truely gone now AND I've started working on the long term residents "off you devils OFF". You'll be ok - just enjoy!

Morning Abz, thanks for the kind wishes x

Gem, it sounds like you used to have fun with your mum despite the problems. You have some good memories to hold on to x

Ohhh!!

And welcome home Smelly Elle!!!

Hope you had a good holiday you smelly person!!!

:character00238: Good Elle - Come on, we know you're back - stop hiding :p

Hey guys! Sorry I've had an IMMENSELY busy few days since i've been back. Had thursday and friday off too and went galavanting around, since I really didnt want my hols to end haha. And the I spent the weekend watching west brom kickin west ham united's ass, drinking in brum, and at the ludlow food festival yesterday - an unfortunate place to be if you're trying to lose weight hahaha. Oh AND I went and saw mamma mia for the third time - THE SING-A-LONG version!! haha. love it, it's so joyful.

What's happened Gem, you're talking about a funeral? Sorry, I havent caught up yet...

Well, work once more :(
xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys :) Got to get back into the swing of things now... Check on swimming times etc... Come on me, I can keep going. And so can you all!! How is everyone?
xxx

Taz and I are a bit sad at the moment as we have both lost a loved one over the weekend - her nan and my mum, Abz is in Denmark but occasionally posting, Tyn is going back to uni so has disappeared temporarily, Claire has joined us, Silence pops in quite often and I'm not sure whether you know Jenn is pregnant. Lots of others popping in from time to time - best read it all to fill in the gaps x

Back