Big Boys Need Love Too!

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Rain forcast for today here but at the moment the sun is peeping through and it looks like it could be a sunny day.

I wrote a poem for my mum last night and sent it to the Vicar via my OH to deliver on the way home from work. I don't know whether he'll have time to include it in the funeral tomorrow but I hope he can. I will spend some time today looking at old photos and deciding which ones will be scanned and put onto a board for the wake. I think it's great to be reminded of what a person was like throughout their life instead of the sad years at the end. Most of the people there will have been part of those happy memories.

Sorry to start the week with sad talk but that is where I am at the moment, sad but keeping positive :character00238:

sad but positive is a perfectly good place to be right now hon. your riverside walk sounds lovely :)

well i have woken up rather early despite going to bed at 1am last night. OH's birthday meal was lovely. i think we've discovered a new favourite restaurant. a little on the pricey side but nice for occasions. especially since i can't eat there again for some time, ha. today is the day i restart. after the meal last night i'm nigh on a stone heavier than i was three weeks ago. although that's 2lbs heavier than i was yesterday lunch time when i got home. i have a feeling that my totm may be playing silly *******. so tomorrow's weigh in, it being a tuesday and my usual weigh in day, will be the one i go by. today i'm going to try cd porridge again. i can't say i was that impressed with it before i went away but i didn't use enough water and ended up with something like cement so i'll try again :) we need to go food shopping too. we were supposed to go yesterday but instead we just got home and went to sleep, ha. and i had a bath!! the danes don't usually have baths, just showers, and i missed my bath :)

i hope everyone is having a nice monday so far. i'm back at work tomorrow and after three weeks that seems like a really really bad idea!!

abz xx

You'll soon be inspired Taz. I didn't think I'd get a poem this time as I felt too numb to write it after she passed away but suddenly I found the words - hence the 11th hour delivery to the Vicar!!! x

Morning all! Busy day infront of me which is good I suppose, I quite enjoy being busy, even if it is stuck in front of a computer. On the upside i'm going to the exhibition next week and i REALLY enjoy them, especially as my friend carmel from olympic holidays will be there. She's lovely - kind of treats me like the daughter she never had.

Gem congratulations on finding the right words, sad but positive is perfectly alright, here here Abz :)

Abz welcome back! We had a bit of an "indian summer" last week although i hear things are going to change. But at the moment here it's not too bad - a bit misty but there's sun and it's warm. The weather forecast said something about the west being better so i suppose i'm lucky for once yay:p

guys i think ive discovered the problem concerning my pins and needles. on my hols it started off bad and then kind of disappeared. I stopped doing my floor exercises and stretches. Now i've restarted and having problems with my arms and into my hands, especially my ring fingers. it must be something to do with my back. hmmm....

finally, to end this babble haha.. stepped on the scales this morning - i'm 13st 8lbs! but it's not official till thursday (not friday as im not sure they'll have scales for me to use in the Ibis next to Euston haha)

xxx

oh p.s. I put on a pair of trousers i havent worn in a while this morning for work and they looked ridiculous! Way too big! And these were a pair that i couldnt quite get into a year and a half ago. So woop de doo. I'm hoping that once i get to 13stone pretty much exactly, i'll be a comfortable 14. It takes me ages to go down clothes sizes, maybe because i'm quite tall. I mean, i've lost 2 1/2 stone pretty much altogether and i've gone from a 16-18 to a 14-16. Grrr.

Oh what a long p.s. I really can babble.

p.p.s. Where is Jenn??!!

Elle - I know what you mean about sizes I didn't change for ages!

It's knowing where to start. 83 years is a lot to squeeze into 3 minutes!

My two pence worth:

When I wrote my nan's eulogy I thought about who'd be hearing it. I didn't mention her age (she used to lie to people) but I did make a point of mentioning something about her relationship with each of her grandchildren and her three daughters (little things like her convincing my brother that the man in the moon was her boyfriend). Tell a story, something that sums your nan up, rather than a list of adjectives.

And relax and make it sound like you.

Good luck x

I went to a funeral where the man's daughter had written a poem. I think she'd taken another poem and changed some of the words to create something about her dad. That was beautiful but very sad. But then when my friend's brother died, she told us about his life - thinigs that were important to him - the football team he coached, his godaughter, nice cars, and we had a bit of a chuckle. Consider what you think your nan would have preferred and, i suppose, just go with the flow. Although ive never had to write one so perhaps im not the best to give advice... x

sounds like you might want to get your back checked out elle. it could be a form of sciatica. that can cause pins and needles. i had them for ages with my back. better safe than sorry with backs. i think most of us on tyn's have had or do have bad backs...

it also takes me forever to go down a dress size. not including my holiday gain i have lost about two stone and have gone from a 20 to an 18. what size do you want to be at goal elle? you are tall so are you thinking a 12?

abz xx

Yep a size 12 is my goal! I can never see it happening but that's the size I want to be.

I will go docs about it... I suppose im just putting it off. I hate going, haha.

Everyone having a good day so far?

Hey hey,

Gem and taz....I am so so sorry that I haven't been here to listen, but I know you ladies will have things well in hand. That I am certain of.

Gem...that is great about your Offical size 20. YOu must be so proud...you did it, but still lived your life...and that is a great thing!

Claire...I know what you mean. I have 24's that are too big, but I dare not even try and eventure into 22's cuz i know they will stop the circulation down below....or pop the button is I were to squat down! *LOL*

Elle, glad to see your back and losing again. You did so well with your weight on hols given the temptations.

Abz...I am sure you will be able to get back into things again if that is what you want to do once you settle back into home life again. But you are looking forward to all the wedding plans then, now?

Tyn...boy boy boy...uni and the larger must be getting a good old grip on you.
I am so sorry I haven't been on long....doing all the normal cooking and cleaning and I am currently outside in the garden, watching the LU running around outside like a loony, whilst I am on my laptop. The sun feels great, but as per usual (lately anyway) I am freezing so I am in a pair of trackie and a sweat top which I am living in at the moment. Plus I have a shirt on underneath too. *LOL* Anyway, been cooking, cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and taking LU here, there and every where and wanting to sleep...I have luckily convinced him he is tired in the afternoons and he wants a nap in my room...*LOL* so I get a little nap too just to relax, but not long enough to sleep. Weight has stabled out at the moment. I am 19.7st....which is still 5lbs up from my lowest, but seeing as I drink so much I know I am retaining water so I am ok with it all. I figure if I only gained 1 pound per week during the PG I would only gain 35 ish pounds which I would lose after the baby was born anyway...so it might not be so bad. But I am stabling out at the moment....I gain a pound and then I lose it. SO it's not all bad at the moment. Still trying to only eat when I am hungry, but my taste buds have changed a little. I loved peppers and sweet potato...but made a sauage cassarole for the family yesterday with corgettes, onions, sweet potato, peppers, & cooked mushrooms & garlic. I had two bits and couldn't eat it....Was very disappointing. Been trying to eat loads of fruit and veg, but I have been craving bread and trying to stay as far from it as possible. Not been bad in the sweet I think.The "Sickness" has been remedied by rich tea busicuits. But seeing as it seems to come first thing in the morning or later at night it isn't really ideal. Oh well not much I can do at the moment. We have friends coming to stay in the caravan park up the road from us at the weekend for a week or so...so we will be busy....Plus, I am trying to get things sort out for the holiday. Luckily the MIL will be staying at the house and watching it and the dog for us.

Our big situation. I am still not entirely certain what is going to happen. And whilst I don't want us to lose our home. I wouldn't be the end of the world, we have tons of equilty in the house. I am just mad that we had this place almost paid off bar £5000 when my MIL put us in a very akward sitution, so we had to buy the other house...so it just chucked us back into debt again. Which just chucked us back into the cycle again. And it makes me mad to think we would have been fine if not for her.

Oh well can't dewell on what can't be fixed.

Anyway, what every happens, I have a wonderful husband and a great son....and new little one on the way...., as long as we have food, shelter, and love that is all we need....everything else is a bonus!

What was you big situation hun, i must have missed it..? Welcome back by the way!!! I've missed you greatly!!! :D xxx

elle, Well I never went into any details, but to make a long story short. We have a certain amount of money per month from my husbands old company ( which is still has shares in) anyway his old business partner has managed to screw it all up and may have to put the company under...which means in we could loose it all...because whilst my OH has his company it is still not earning enough from that to sustains us on that alone. I can't get a job because I am PG ...no one will hire me know that. We wouldn't not have enough money to pay for BOTH morgages we have plus bills to cover it all. So we would have no choice but to sell the house...and right now is not a good time. So I am not too please...especially with the baby on the way. We depend on the money from his old company, to keep us till his current makes more...which is it slowly doing...but it won't be until maybe next summer before it will be enough for us to live on. But his old buiness partner now says things are looking up, but it still on shaky ground. So....fingers crossed we will be ok. I am sure we will. We have a strong family, so I know we will be fine. We have been looking at houses and we can still buy a detached 4 bed house with the equity from this house....and still have loads to live on....but I just don't want to have to do that, if we can avoid it. Not to mention, my MIL would have to go into council housing, which I am not too concered about, but I am not too sure what we would get for the other house.

Anyway....I am sure it will all be fine. One way or another. My father was in the army and so I was used to moving alot. I love moving and experiencing something new. It will never keep us down and we will come through it all just fine...just not something I want to worry about in my state, you know?

Yeah I get you! But it's ashame - at least his old business partner said things are looking up now... Just look forward to the good things and cross the bad bridges when/if you get there. after all, you don't want to stress, you've got a little baby to consider!! :D I'm so excited for you! xxx

thanks elle.....I am excited too...just want to find out the sex so I know if it is a girl or boy, but won't know until nearer christmas....But I did do something naughty, we went to the sunday market and someone was selling baby girl clothes so I bought eh cuties white furry coat for the winter...it was £3 and never worn...so I thought why not....it's not a big deal £3....but it was super cute...but that is all I will get until I know for sure.....Luckily there are loads of things of my son's that a girl could wear...or will wear *LOL*

haha and im sure you'll stick the baby in that furry coat you've bought, whatever the sex! haha. oh well, they do say only guys who are very sure of their sexuality can do things like wear make up and women's clothes (and transsexuals, ofcourse lol). it's a good lesson to teach him/her! heeheehee....

if i got pregnant i have no idea if i'd want to know the sex of the baby. it would make life easier but then i suppose a surprise would be nice... my parents didnt find out when my baby sister was born - that much i remember, lol.
x

p.s. i found out i've got twins in the family! it turns out that my nan's mum had 3 sets of twins! they say that having them is more likely if it runs in the family dont they. Although goodness knows why im running away with all this, i havent even got a fella and here's me thinking about having kids. lol. x

Nice to see you back Jenn and things do sound a little better for you x

Elle - I agree with Abz, get your back checked out - if no joy with doc I found a physiotherapist helpful with mine x

Back