'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

OK, so I know mid-week weigh-ins are naughty, :eek: but I succumbed this morning and was horrified to see a 3lb gain! W-H-A-T?! However, it is TOTM, so hopefully it's just water retention or something.

Food-wise I'm doing pretty well. I'm on a red day- had bacon, eggs and a cheese toastie for breakfast, yoghurt mid-afternoon and Chicken, potato wedges and veg for dinner. It was yummy. :D I might have some fruit later, but no more "proper" food. I tend to find I lose better when I don't eat much after 7/8pm.

Hopefully that 3lb (water weight, whatever it is) will have gone by Saturday. :mad:

Iwould say ignore that weigh in WastedInkand just keep going, its most likley just water or something, good luck on sat :)

Another oksih day, seem to have injured my ankle somehow over the last few days which is driving me crazy as too painful to exercise and keeps cramping and waking me up, so very ratty in the mornings!!
Onthe brightside this is usually when I woud turn to comfort eating but instead am sticking to it.
Am going out with my friends on a night out on sat for the first time since starting SW (been avoiding alcohol so far) so praying that I shall still be strong after a couple drinks! Worked out I can drink 6 shots of vodka (with d. coke of course!) and still be in my syns for a day so hopefully shall stay on that.. if not I can try and dance it off I supose :D

Hi Hi!!!
I want to join please :D

After an epic fail over Christmas & New Year I am now back on track.

I joined minimins in September 09 and lost 18lbs doing the slimming world plan over 7 weeks. Then in November, holidays!! Then in December, Christmas!! .. you get the picture :/

Now I am 100% back on track and I feel great and this is the kind of thing I need to keep me motivated!

I work in an office Monday - Friday so at lunchtime my boss is kind enough to let me go on a 3 mile walk around the Industrial estate. Takes me about 45-50 minutes at the moment but It's great, I'm getting the excercise now and I feel like if i don't do it, i will be letting my boss down too!

I'm also racking my brains for an April challenge, it's my birthday on the 24th so I am aiming for that 1 stone loss!! YAY!

Welcome aboard the slimming train choo choo hee hee

That excersise is fab, keep it up and let us know how your getting on x

i am exhausted and feeling very ill today. think i'm going to go to bed and sleep-sleeping's gotta be better than binging :(

Hope your feeling better hun xx

OK, so I know mid-week weigh-ins are naughty, :eek: but I succumbed this morning and was horrified to see a 3lb gain! W-H-A-T?! However, it is TOTM, so hopefully it's just water retention or something.

Food-wise I'm doing pretty well. I'm on a red day- had bacon, eggs and a cheese toastie for breakfast, yoghurt mid-afternoon and Chicken, potato wedges and veg for dinner. It was yummy. :D I might have some fruit later, but no more "proper" food. I tend to find I lose better when I don't eat much after 7/8pm.

Hopefully that 3lb (water weight, whatever it is) will have gone by Saturday. :mad:

Dont worry, Im sure it will be fine for Sat, if not there is always next week :)

Iwould say ignore that weigh in WastedInkand just keep going, its most likley just water or something, good luck on sat :)

Another oksih day, seem to have injured my ankle somehow over the last few days which is driving me crazy as too painful to exercise and keeps cramping and waking me up, so very ratty in the mornings!!
Onthe brightside this is usually when I woud turn to comfort eating but instead am sticking to it.
Am going out with my friends on a night out on sat for the first time since starting SW (been avoiding alcohol so far) so praying that I shall still be strong after a couple drinks! Worked out I can drink 6 shots of vodka (with d. coke of course!) and still be in my syns for a day so hopefully shall stay on that.. if not I can try and dance it off I supose :D

Hope you havent go to drunk little miss :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have still been really good, although this evening my OH wanted a chinese so I had a chicken chow mein (lowest cals possible??) praying it wont affect me too much but also know I have 3 days to work my big bum to get rid of it :)

other than the chow mein I have been so good its unbeleivable!!

Looking forward to setting new goals for April.... not long now :)

i love chinese Nee, I would have just gone for the egg fried rice, sweet and sour chicken and of course prawn crackers!
However taking healthy choices is so worth it, I'm trying to stop myself just taking and instead thinking about how will i feel about this after? sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

How does being thin come naturally to other people?

In April's challenge, can we build in that we all have to give ourselves, each week, one treat that is not food related? Food always ends up my treat and I'd love to find out other treats that work, plus, it'd be nice to have something nice to work towards each week too. Maybe others are already doing something like this? Just an idea.

I have still been really good, although this evening my OH wanted a chinese so I had a chicken chow mein (lowest cals possible??) praying it wont affect me too much but also know I have 3 days to work my big bum to get rid of it :)

other than the chow mein I have been so good its unbeleivable!!

Well done you - such discipline!

I've had a very weird day. Woke up to find that despite 3 excellent days the scales haven't budged. Then I was at work at a new place today and at lunchtime the boss was buying everyone fish and chips. I'd taken a sandwich so I said thanks but no thanks. Couldn't believe I could do it! But then I realized that I felt secretly resentful of them all eating in front of me. Then a member of the team came in who I hadn't met and began to talk about how she'd lost 5 stone and kept it off for 3 years. To start off I felt inspired by her but as she started to tell me where I was going wrong I felt myself feel worse and worse. I felt such a failure for not being able to fix myself or be good like her.

Got home and ate 3 Cadbury's Twirls. Couldn't stuff them in my face fast enough. What is wrong with me??!! May as well have had the chips...

Not in a good place at the moment (and its only 7pm). Hope you are all having a better day. xx

i love chinese Nee, I would have just gone for the egg fried rice, sweet and sour chicken and of course prawn crackers!
However taking healthy choices is so worth it, I'm trying to stop myself just taking and instead thinking about how will i feel about this after? sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

How does being thin come naturally to other people?

In April's challenge, can we build in that we all have to give ourselves, each week, one treat that is not food related? Food always ends up my treat and I'd love to find out other treats that work, plus, it'd be nice to have something nice to work towards each week too. Maybe others are already doing something like this? Just an idea.

I often wonder the same thing, How are people naturally thin when I am what I am .... but at least were all trying :)

Yeh I like the idea for April, so get thinking and well set targets on the 1st April x

I've had a very weird day. Woke up to find that despite 3 excellent days the scales haven't budged. Then I was at work at a new place today and at lunchtime the boss was buying everyone fish and chips. I'd taken a sandwich so I said thanks but no thanks. Couldn't believe I could do it! But then I realized that I felt secretly resentful of them all eating in front of me. Then a member of the team came in who I hadn't met and began to talk about how she'd lost 5 stone and kept it off for 3 years. To start off I felt inspired by her but as she started to tell me where I was going wrong I felt myself feel worse and worse. I felt such a failure for not being able to fix myself or be good like her.

Got home and ate 3 Cadbury's Twirls. Couldn't stuff them in my face fast enough. What is wrong with me??!! May as well have had the chips...

Not in a good place at the moment (and its only 7pm). Hope you are all having a better day. xx

Oh hun, Dont let her bother you, I think thats brilliant that you witheld from the chippy and believe it or not 3/4 twirls is no doubt less cal's than a chippy! I know you must feel so frustrated but your are doing something about yourself like I am too, and I know where your coming from, when I get on a bus and people avoid sitting next to me - not even that I want them too sit next to me, I then spend the rest of the journey feeling repulsed by me and thats just a little example, so we all have them days of self loathing the important thing is getting back on track.

So draw a line under today, you still have a few days before weigh in and Im sure if your really good, and do a little excersise today will be forgotten :)

Chin up Sweets xx

Judith,
firstly you're are not a problem to be fixed. You are a person with skills and qualities and friendships.
Just stop for a second and think about today. You sid no to chips. It soes not matter if you are 25 stone or 7 stone, chips are never good for you, especially when they come form a greasy chipper. You said no. You made a choice.
Yes it turned out to be harder when you saw and smelt them eating.
But you said no. Well done

Secondly you ate 3 or 4 twists. Could've been 20. You stopped. If you are anyhting like me that is a massive thing in itself, even if you ahve eaten more since then. Stop.
Tomorrow is another day. When you wake up, leave today behind. Decide tomorrow what kind of day it will be. I think you should have a good day tomorrow, so do something you love.

That woman that started talking about her weight loss- she sounds like she thinks she is an expert. No such thing. When it comes to our minds nad our bodies only we know how it works. She knows nothing about you. Wish her well inside your mind and walk on. She has nothing of value to you here.Great people inspire greatness, not sel;f loathing therefore i doubt she is in anyway beneficial on your weight loss journey.

Mind yourself, take care, and treat yourself with teh kindness to which you grant others.

Thank you guys for your support. You are really kind. I haven't gone mad - a couple of glasses of wine but haven't ordered the pizzas or curries that I would normally. I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm going to go to bed early and start tomorrow afresh. xx

A New Day

Good morning you lovely people.
Thanks to your support and kind words I managed to consume only about 1850 cals yesterday. :17729:

This is nearly 400 below my maintenance cals so overall a good result. Most of it was crap but some good stuff in there and most importantly it could have been soooooooo much worse. Scales say I haven't put on - yippee.

I'm off out with the dog now as the sun is shining. Hope you all have a great day and a great weekend. xx

Just have to echo what everyone else said,dont let this woman bother you! everyone looses in different ways and just because she did it differently to you doesnt mean hers is better.
Seriously impressive about the fish and chips! Its so hard when its right there in front of you.. Mmm must stop thinking about fish and chips now!

I think the main reason she got under my skin was because she kept saying I was just making excuses.... and she is right. I have a 101 excuses for why this diet didnt' work and why that one didn't and/or why I put the weight back on. The really annoying part was her saying that I was just trying to fill an empty space inside myself and until I did therapy to find out what its all really about I can never successfully lose weight.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about why I eat and there may be some truth in the "just feeding my inner child" malarky but the truth for me is that I love, love, LOVE food. The smell of it, taste of it, the feel of it in my mouth and my tum. And the variety! Love it all from stinky cheese to red hot curries, from fat red grapes to pink juicy beef. And while it gives me such pleasure I will always struggle to control my eating. In truth only sex has ever equalled food in giving me such physical pleasure and now I'm a single laydee its small wonder I can't help the regular doses of oral satisfaction. :)

Slightly off-topic but I had my first weigh-in today and I've lost 5lbs! :D

I think the main reason she got under my skin was because she kept saying I was just making excuses.... and she is right. I have a 101 excuses for why this diet didnt' work and why that one didn't and/or why I put the weight back on. The really annoying part was her saying that I was just trying to fill an empty space inside myself and until I did therapy to find out what its all really about I can never successfully lose weight.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about why I eat and there may be some truth in the "just feeding my inner child" malarky but the truth for me is that I love, love, LOVE food. The smell of it, taste of it, the feel of it in my mouth and my tum. And the variety! Love it all from stinky cheese to red hot curries, from fat red grapes to pink juicy beef. And while it gives me such pleasure I will always struggle to control my eating. In truth only sex has ever equalled food in giving me such physical pleasure and now I'm a single laydee its small wonder I can't help the regular doses of oral satisfaction. :)

Judith, so echo this!!! i love food! i lvoe eating! and as well when I am in a relationship, in the early days, I'm so hungry that doesn't help either!

I know what you mean, I love food! tastes,smell all of it. Though doing SW has made me realise that I lost really tasting food.. I think I got to the stage where I'd just eat it so quickly with chocolate bar after chocolate bar etc and I wasnt really tasting it. But now Ive been cooking so much more and enjoying food a lot more.. which is weird but im enjoying a new perspective on food.. especially in discovering herbs and spices!!

Congrats Karma!! :D Thats an awesome lost.

Looks like I'm out of the challenge.... Found out I'm pregnant today (YAY)! I will still be trying to lose weight just not so fast... My goal of losing 3st before my Bro's wedding is well off the cards I think....

Good luck to the rest of you! I will still be popping in for a nosey..

Thanks for the support and encoragement xx

Hayls x

Looks like I'm out of the challenge.... Found out I'm pregnant today (YAY)! I will still be trying to lose weight just not so fast... My goal of losing 3st before my Bro's wedding is well off the cards I think....

Good luck to the rest of you! I will still be popping in for a nosey..

Thanks for the support and encoragement xx

Hayls x

Congratulations - lovely news. :bliss:

When I was pregnant I didn't put weight on for the first 5 months. I always say I built the extension before he moved in... tee hee.

Back