Big Step

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by megsmum, 25 September 2007 Social URL.

1. megsmum

megsmum Full Member

I went swimming today. May not sound much to some but i have been to ashamed to bare all in my cozzie even though i work in a leisure center. Today I took the bull by the horns and did it. It was fab. I loved it :bliss::bliss:and going to make it a weekly event. I would like to go at least twice a week if I can But we will see dont want to over do it just yet lol.

I was more bothered because I know all the staff and the young fit life guards.:ashamed0005: I was so embarresed at the thought of them seeing me but to be honest they didnt even look. I am knackered no lol and have just taken the dogs out for a walk. :chores016:I will be thin even if it kills me and at this rate it probably will :character00115:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Well done taking that big step! I know what a big deal it is because I didn't go swimming for nearly 20 years because of my weight.

I went for the first time last year and loved it. Even though I was embarrassed about my blemishes, veins and saggy bits, I went for it and once in the water, I remembered just how fab it was (I used to go swimming a lot when I was a kid).
    It's a shame they don't do a 'big people's' swimming sessions at public pools. It's embarrassment that puts most people off which is a shame because it's an especially good form of exercise.
    Just think - They could call it 'big splash night' :D - I'd definitely go if I knew I wasn't going to be surrounded by skinnies in bikinis.

Unfortunately, I haven't been since I regained 4st but I WILL go again when I've lost some of it and got some confidence back.

Well done again :)
  4. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Lighter Life
    Well done, it sounds as though you're feeling better as well.
  5. megsmum

megsmum Full Member

St ill feel I have been hit by a bus and now I am knackered to lol. I have my meeting tonight so will be late to bed. At this rate I will be falling asleep on the bus:nightf:
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.