Biggest achievement

FunnyFarm

Silver Member
What's been the moment that you've really surprised yourself with? A day you previously couldn't have imagined surviving without food? Pressure from a well meaning friend or relative that you stood up to? A positive thought or feeling that you weren't expecting?

We focus on the physical effects and the numbers on the scales, so I reckon we should take a bit of time to feel proud of ourselves, appreciate what we've done, acknowledge and celebrate changes in our thinking, and giving ourselves a big metaphorical pat on the back!

For me, it's just been facing up to my weight gain and doing something about it. Denial has always been my downfall, and I stuck two fingers up at her when I started this with determination and a plan.

What's been yours?

My biggest achievement was last year.
I managed to keep quiet about my 4 and a half stone weight loss, and surprise friends that I hadn't seen in 9 months.
They really didn't recognise me. I loved it !!

That must've felt amazing! :D

On this diet mine has been staying TS on a cooking day (we made some gorgeous food that everyone sat down and shared), and resisting everything on a gorgeous buffet yesterday. There's no way in the world I would have thought I could do that but when your mind's in the zone you can!

It's incredible what you can do when you put your mind to it! Weirdly, if I was on WW I'd find it harder to resist, then feel despondent and lose it completely and eat anything that stayed still.

Resisting definitely feels better. Empowering and all that.

Back