Biggest Loser, oh..my..goodness!

i say nothing! lol

I thought Carol looked amazing at the end. I am sure many of us would have jumped at the opportunity to drop that much weight in such a short time if we were given the chance - the test will be if they keep it off and continue their healthy lifestyle

I toally agree, I would of loved it!

Sure it probably put them at some sort of risk, but would they not have been at more risk had they not done it? I would much rather put themselves through what they have than face the reality of a premature death because they failed to act on the problem.
I agree with this too! They've got doctors there and professional trainers, plus they were all obese, so they can do a more strict calorie controlled diet!

:D
With big losses like that isn't there always the risk of loose skin?

Yeah you do, but the skin is like elastic, it will go back eventually, the older you get though, the longer it takes and the harder it is!

all i know is that watching it (actually, the american and australian ones are better IMO) gives me LOADS of motivation and incentive - after watching it i feel all empowered and like "i can do this!!!" :D

I'm the same! I'm like, if they can do it so can I!

What am I gonna do at 4 every day now???

Do you know what's on instead? Daily cooks challenge! I'm gunna go for being motivated by fitness to being motivated to go and raid the fridge - whose bright idea was that!?

Yeah you do, but the skin is like elastic, it will go back eventually, the older you get though, the longer it takes and the harder it is!

Oh how I wish that were true Nat! Different people have different skin types. Some are lucky and have great skin elasticity, others, such as myself do not! :sigh:

I'm 26 and my skin is completely stretched. There isn't a shred of possibility that it will firm up any now. For me, and for others surgery is the only option! lol

Expensive, but worth it! :D:D

I love the show but I do agree their regime is unrealistic. In the house they have personal trainers to train and motivate them and they are given a nutritional plan. They are basically living in a bubble and when they come out the house they have to go back to the real world of jobs, families housework etc. But they have proved it can be done. They need to take what they have learned and adapt it for the real world. And yes it would be interesting to see them 6months down the line.

As we have established is was a he that won, lol, can I just say he is a bit of a fox, especially in his James Bond stylely suit

Yes was amazing and how jealous am I that they done that in 4 mths!

They have done fab and look amazing - personally I think a few of them could have done a lot better than they did... but hey they are all now on the right road and hopefully they will get their goal eventually!

Jodie Preneger won that a few years ago losing 8 st eh and she put some on but looks fab as Nancy in Oliver! xxx

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but if you Google Biggest Loser Truth, you'll find some unsightly home truths. Far does to the winner, but it wasn't easy as they tv programme would have you believe.

Manic exercise and super calorie controlled diet. Not healthy and not sustainable.

I have to agree, don't get me wrong I watch the programmes with oodles of enthusiasm but have you ever wondered why they don't have a "how are they doing now" show - because 9 out of 10 of the contestants actually put weight back on, the regime in the house isn't sustainable - but its a gameshow afterall so far play to them all.

I watched a few bits of the australian one but stopped because I can never work out how much kgs equate to in our stones and so lost interest lol
I think the US is the best version of the show and think the prize money our winner got was a tiny amount to over there.
They definately are great motivation though and spurred me on to get on my treadmill for an hour today :)

I believe its 2.2lbs to 1kg.

Back