Biggest Loser!

Surely though the fact theyre double the weight the UK ones should be more likely to get the weight off. Proportionately percentage wise theres no comparison.

I think the fact some of the US ones are so massive when they start shows the difference between the 2 shows even more. Most of the US contestants leave the show looking a relatively normal weight, some are just completely unrecognisable to what they were when they went in. If they can achieve that with maybe an extra 200lbs to lose why on earth cant the UK ones?

That is a very good point :)

The problem is with the US one they're playing for potentially £400k. Course there's going to be game play. Maybe they should remove the cash prize and have people who are in it ONLY for the results.

Maybe it's Bob and Jillians in your face attitude that gets the results cos boy do they get results. Maybe the UK show should adopt more of their hard tactics and get better losses. I have to admit I've never thought them as particularly nasty. They just push people to their limits but look at that boy in the grey team. His results are jaw dropping. Yet you have people in the UK one who've only lost 2 stones a week by the second last week?

Yes but they got just as good results in the first few seasons of BL. Bob was no where as nasty as he is now and Jillian has got worse over the seasons.
Now on the Australian BL they get just as good results but Shannon and Michelle are no where near as horrible as them. I must admit they do have their good points and Bob and Jillian can be very good and understanding but sometimes the things that they say make me cringe.

Surely though the fact theyre double the weight the UK ones should be more likely to get the weight off. Proportionately percentage wise theres no comparison.

I think the fact some of the US ones are so massive when they start shows the difference between the 2 shows even more. Most of the US contestants leave the show looking a relatively normal weight, some are just completely unrecognisable to what they were when they went in. If they can achieve that with maybe an extra 200lbs to lose why on earth cant the UK ones?

Their show is a lot longer than ours though isnt it. ours is only 8 weeks and i am unsure of the time period at home.
plus we have had great results on our show, have you forgotten about Jodie Prenger (sp), she lost bundles of weight in season two, so did the winner in season one.

I try desperately to forget about Jodie quite honestly lol

I wonder how the losses compare over an 8 week period then that would be intersting to see.
I love Bob and Jillian, Id like the AUS one better if it was Shannen and The Commando, Michelle does my head in with those faces and big wide eyed things she does.

I definitley think the US/AUS and UK contestants have a different mind set. The contestants know if they do the temptation there will be hell to pay lol I remember last season in the UK one they had a temptation and they all stuffed their faces.

Itll be interesting to see how the new US season is I cant imagine Anna whatshername (tennis player) having anywhere near the same 'fear factor' as Jillian

Aussie trainer Tiffany is the one that drives me nuts. I mute her training sessions so I don't have to listen to the shouting/screaming she likes.

It was great when they brought Sammy back from season 4 to talk to the contestants. I love seeing how she's kept the weight off.

I try desperately to forget about Jodie quite honestly lol

I wonder how the losses compare over an 8 week period then that would be intersting to see.
I love Bob and Jillian, Id like the AUS one better if it was Shannen and The Commando, Michelle does my head in with those faces and big wide eyed things she does.

I definitley think the US/AUS and UK contestants have a different mind set. The contestants know if they do the temptation there will be hell to pay lol I remember last season in the UK one they had a temptation and they all stuffed their faces.

Itll be interesting to see how the new US season is I cant imagine Anna whatshername (tennis player) having anywhere near the same 'fear factor' as Jillian

I dont think that she will get the results that Jillian gets, it might give Bob a chance of winning though !!

Aussie trainer Tiffany is the one that drives me nuts. I mute her training sessions so I don't have to listen to the shouting/screaming she likes.

It was great when they brought Sammy back from season 4 to talk to the contestants. I love seeing how she's kept the weight off.

Who is Tiffany ? and i havent seen Sammy come back. what season are you watching ?

Who is Tiffany ? and i havent seen Sammy come back. what season are you watching ?

I'm watching the current season 7 of the Aussie BL. Does it air in the UK? I have to download it here. Tiffany is a blonde martial arts type that started with the show last year.

No it's ITV and no it's not on :(

biggest loser

was the UK version on this week? my sky+ hasn't recorded it but its on memory to record next week... If it was please don't leave any spoilers I'll watch it online thanks :D

I've only just realised my sky+ didn't tape it.. I've looked on itv player (on iPhone) and its showing last episode as 14th feb, so maybe it missed out a week like you said x

Phew, was wondering why I didn't catch it.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back