Bikini bodies - where will you be taking yours????

Hmm... I am going to Cornwall next summer but not sure if the British Summer will allow a bikini!! That said, if it does it will be a tankini anyway.

We tend not to have "sunshine" holidays these days, preferring to spend our time in the hills in this country but I'd still like to feel much more comfortable in my walking shorts!!

I want to be nicely toned for next year, not flabby :)

Cornwall is tropical man! - i was in shorts in Northumberland Yesterday:cool: - you'll be starkers:eek:

I have NEVER wore a bikini ever! Even when I was pregnant (but not really fat). I would love to wear one in June 2012 when we go to alcudia for 2 weeks but I am so self conscious of my stretch marks I'm not sure I can...

Scary thought I've wore a bikini more than you....hmm I've wore a bikini at Wembley in front of 80,000 more than you've wore a bikini.

Steve:eek:

2012 is a big year for me and Mr Dumps - we're getting married next September and so far with work, family and friends have got several 'dos planned! Bikini wise, I'm not sure our Honeymoon is really a bikini affair but god damn it I'll be wearing one next year at some point!!!xxx

God damn it! - a great attitude there DD:cool:

I'm of to Mexico next december - i should be at target by then! Its ages since i went on holiday, i might need to find a cheap deal in the summer or something.

I probably won't be wearing a bikini though. I have a load of gym work to do before i have ths confidence to show anyone but the OH my midriff!

I am so glad that I started this thread - for those people that have booked a holiday - tanfastic, :cool: for those people who have not yet booked one, just think of the possibilites, where can you go? :character00255:
For those people who have already got the bikini in the cupbraord, I am so jealous, for those people who have never worn one, I know how you feel, :sigh:
For all the ladies who are younger than me (thats a lot) if you have a hope of wearing your bikini, go for it. If you have stretch marks get a fake tan, that works wonders.

If we can keep this thread going long enough, when you do go away, :D:D:Dsend in pictures so we can all see the wonderful places abroad and in the UK that you have been:gen157:

Lol maximus! That's a lotta people to be baring a bikini bod at :p
I was as wide as I was tall at that time too! - not a pretty sight.... you may have gathered that was in my drinking days:cool:

Seemed like a good idea - the reality of walking out of Wembley, defeated and down with people twanging my bikini top made me realise just what pigs some men could be;)

We are off to Cyprus in March, really looking forward to it and hope to be at target or not too far off...only problem is I wont have any summer stuff that fits by then (my summer stuff is currently size 20 and i'm 16 atm)

I don't like the feeling of the sun on my skin much so I doubt I'll be in a bikini ever!
However I have promised myself a bikini wax when my tummy is gone! Sorry if TMI!

Holidays...well sick as I am of Mr Shirleen watching Snooker the whole May Day bank holiday for 20 years, I suggested to my mate that we pack my car to the max with craft stuff and walking boots and rent a cottage. Which we've done. We're going to Wales (my first time) looks like it's in the middle of nowhere which suits us cos we're just going to make cards, laugh and go for a few walks!

Penmorgan in Rhosfach, Clynderwen | Property details | Holiday cottages in the UK, France, Ireland, Spain and Portugal | cottages4you

karnak said:
Hi Shirleen

I know that area a bit. My family are from Carmarthen and Pembroke.

It is a beautiful area, you will love it perfect to relax

Ooh thanks! I'm looking forward to it! Need to lose weight as I want to be able to wear waterproofs and they only come in smaller sizes lol! My camera will get a workout!

I am going to Lanzarote in 19 more weigh ins! Its been booked for a while and I've been counting the weigh ins ever since!!

I am 4lbs from target and it's a wonderful feeling of knowing I won't be worrying about having to lose weight for my jollies! For once, I will be slim!
That is what I want to feel - slim and confident. Congratulations on your weight loss, you must be really happy:D

I don't like the feeling of the sun on my skin much so I doubt I'll be in a bikini ever!
However I have promised myself a bikini wax when my tummy is gone! Sorry if TMI!

Holidays...well sick as I am of Mr Shirleen watching Snooker the whole May Day bank holiday for 20 years, I suggested to my mate that we pack my car to the max with craft stuff and walking boots and rent a cottage. Which we've done. We're going to Wales (my first time) looks like it's in the middle of nowhere which suits us cos we're just going to make cards, laugh and go for a few walks!

Penmorgan in Rhosfach, Clynderwen | Property details | Holiday cottages in the UK, France, Ireland, Spain and Portugal | cottages4you
It looks lovely and you will only be about 25 miles away from my house if you want to call for a cuppa.

supergran52 said:
It looks lovely and you will only be about 25 miles away from my house if you want to call for a cuppa.

Ooh! Cheers! I'm looking forward to going, not so much the drive mind! I wanted to go to The Gower Peninsular but it costs 3x as much!

You should do the drive in about 4 and a half hours. We did it regularly a few years ago when our daughter was in Southampton at the institute (as it was then called).

When my Hubby saw I was serious about losing weight this time he booked a terrific holiday to Lindos Rhodes for me to work towards. We have never been on a "posh" holiday like this so i'm really working on it!

Wow, what a lovely incentive. My husband would never do something like that:(

If I want a holiday I have to organise him and it. He always says that he is not bothered about holidays, but when it comes down to it he expects everything to be organised for him. I am not complaining because at least it means that I can go where I want to:D

Mind you, I would love to go to the Maldives but cant afford it. Just the very thought of that white sand, and me on it in a beautiful bikini would be great incentive to lose weight

What a fantastic trip - you lucky thing. I only get as far as Spain, not that I am complaining we go to a great liitle village up in the hills outside Marbella and we love it. But, we have now been going there for 11 years, a change would be great, but I can't tempt OH away anywhere else

Back