Bikini in Oz- I'm coming to get you!

Hey Lainey! How are you?

Xx

Hi MrsFTB-I'm good,it's been really busy and Ive been faffing about yet again,trying to convince myself that SW or WW would be better for me than S and S.The problem is I always feel so much better doing S and S , even with the dreaded bunged up feeling that happens now and again.Its the non-accountability that I'm struggling with-the only person I have to face every week for weigh-in is myself and I'm not afraid enough of her!!?So I'm trying to figure out a way to become accountable.Should I ask hubby to weigh me each week and kick my ass into action?Thats part of the reason that Cambridge worked for me-I was terrified of my consultant,in a nice way and spending a fortune with it!
Any advice welcome...

Funny you say that as that was me this time last year...faffing around with different diets....when the long and short of it is that i had to get on with it, whatever path i chose and just own it. The bunged up thing drove me mad at first...but now i just suck it up and do what i need to do to get me to goal which is the priority...so now i take aloe vera colon cleanse tablets every night and go with it.

Yes get hubby to weigh each week and incentivise it....how about a shopping treat?...doesn't have to be big....or even say painting or getting your nails done or facial or something? or even putting £5 in a jar for every week you complete?

i have found that i have had to find new things even if they're boring to stop be from obsessing about food or the diet so that it becomes natural....otherwise i will be in that faffing around changing diets mode and questioning everything constantly....round about now is usually my derailing time distractions it will be and of course accepting that the time will pass and never be regained anyway....oh and the mini goals!

we can do this Lainey....xx

I'm hardly a sensible soul...but I am trying lol xx

Thanks ladies-I know exactly what you're saying but I just need to put it into practice now.Ive done the usual thing again today-start off all guns blazing with my porridge and water,nipped into shopping centre for a very overpriced bra ( won't even go there....) and before I know it I'm eating the free chocolate that came with my coffee.So I thought " oh sod it" and ended up eating 2 scones instead of lunch-it's not even normal eating FFS!!!

I have a work night out on Fri night and then weekend away next weekend and I think subconsciously I know I'm going to break the diet anyway.Whatever about this week's night out I couldn't stay S and S'ing on a girlie weekend.

So I'm doing S and S starting tomorrow ( until Fri) back to it in Saturday until the following weekend and at least after that I have nothing major planned until Easter.I just have to shut my gob and stop eating...

Oh wow i have soooo been here so many times....and i am sure i will have a time like this in the future for you to talk me out of it....i call it itching to hit the crazy button.....just breathe and don't put so much into it all thinking wise....do a meal at a time.....though have an idea of which packs you will have tomorrow...lay them out in the kitchen.....water bottle next to it....then just go from there....each pack consumed will be a win then build on that...too much planning/over thinking can be my downfall and it sounds like you may be doing that too....tomorrow is a new day...and you could still salvage today by guzzling plenty of water to flush things through.....that food will always be around....just "choose" to have it another time....

I have OH hassling me to go away for my birthday, Easter and the May bank hols....i'm scared to death as i will go giddy wild on silly food that will always be there in the run up to it/through it and afterwards and never get back on the wagon though...i'm a grown woman FFS....why would i behave like i have been caged and go wild eh? the mind is a dangerous playground sometimes and I do laugh at it the scenarios that go round and round my head sometimes....i just need to take my own advice when the time comes and breathe...the sky will not fall in this i am sure lol.

xx

xx

I'm sure once you know you can have a long stretch at it you'll be fine but I can understand the on off breaks as I have literally had that through the whole of February. If you think you can low carb/healthy eat without diving into anymore scones head first then that might be worth considering for the next two weeks until you can fully throw yourself into the wonderful land of ketosis? But it's a personal decision and you know your behaviour better than anyone.

Hope you're well despite the flop of the day hun.

Hugs.

Xx

2.5 litres of water,a few coffees,porridge and a spicy spaghetti so far....In aiming for Clinquant's 4 shakes,4 litres of water rule and nothing else for the next few days to see how I get on....

Pilates tonight also...

Woo well done. It's so tough and you are doing a great job! Pilates is hardcore but fab. :)

Xx

Another back to basics day today-2 litres of water so far and just had my 3rd pack,1 more to go.Although I'm feeling a bit blah it's nothing to do with this diet-a sore throat and runny nose wasn't caused by the lack of food for 2 days-just have to remind myself of that.

This is what really bugs me though-I find this diet easy when I'm in the right frame of mind.It doesn't bother me not eating and as warped as it sounds I love that empty feeling-going to bed knowing I haven't eaten my own body weight in fat!

So could someone please explain how do I keep in this frame of mind? How do I get it into my head that this is only for a short period of time just get in with it?

I've been googling gyms and 12 week body transformations over the past 2 days and as much as I think I'd commit to it I'm far too embarrassed to haul my big butt into a gym four times a week to sweat this fat out of me.In the long run I know I need exercise to maintain but right now what it boils down to is I can do this the easy way or the hard way.For me the easier option is S and S.Logically it might not make sense to everyone that starving myself is an easy option but it really is easy if I stick to it.

I need to post this everywhere within sight-" if you think this is difficult try the other option!"- the fear of a little gym bunny coming at me with a calipers to measure my body fat should sort me out pretty fast.

This diet may seem like a lazy option but it's fast and easy if we put our minds to it.

Oh Lainey....i feel you on this one...i think the hardest part of any diet is sustaining the enthusiasm and effort that you have at the start.....it gets boring just waiting for it all happen huh?

And like you.....i loathe the idea of running around sweating like a nutcase and not enjoying one bit of it in a gym rather not attractive either....my gym is next door lol.

So my lazy version will be to dig out my leslie sansone dvds, do my 30 day challenge stuff and resistence band/pilates workouts as of Saturday.....beats being in the gym lol xx

This is by far the easiest way and the stuff on exercise in the Gary Taubes book is frankly depressing. Basically don't bother for weight loss reasons. Health wise yes but when dropping the pounds is the top priority it doesn't work and it just makes you hungry, eat more and your body holds onto the weight.

So keep on and don't let the lurgy derail you. Lots of hot drinks, blankets and paracetamol if it hits.

I'm so glad you've written those wise words Clinquant-exercise for health not for weight loss-that may not be exactly what you meant but that's the way I read it:)

I've had 3 brilliant days,2 were 4 packs only,today at lunchtime I had a chicken salad-still very much on plan.

Tomorrow night is my work night out-I'm feeling slightly better about looking ( or not) like a beached whale.In an effort not to look like said whale I bought a waist cincher/will wear very high shoes and will wear my hair up to look taller.

Straight back to it on Saturday though to drop a bit more before my weekend away next week.

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Loving the extra confident style tips too!
Good plan!!

Gok Wan says it's all in the using what we've got to it's best potential! Plus Good underwear-a decent bra, pull in pants, flattering clothes and heels! :)

Well done for sticking at it xx

How are you getting on Lainey, diet, life, etc etc ? :) Xx

Hi Sammy,

It seems as if I'm not the only one struggling this week...life has definitely thrown us all some challenges,hasn't it.

I've been feeling under the weather since last Friday.I had my work night out,didn't feel like an overstuffed whale and despite being all bunged up with a head cold and sinus issues I had a good night( not diet wise though).

Since then I've developed a nasty cough and at the back of my mind I know I'm "off plan" for my weekend away this weekend so at the very least Im trying low carb until Fri.Its hit and miss as I fell victim to pancakes!

I also witnessed a colleague on Fri night get absolutely falling down drunk.I wasn't aware she was on a VLCD ( losing 2 stone in 4 weeks!!!) but boy did she pay for it.We've all been there... but not necessarily when you're the newest member of staff and all eyes are in you-Bless her.

So that's me....being my usual struggling self-I'll tackle again whole heartedly on Monday.

Oh blimey!! I hope you feel better soon. It's all going around - it's on it's second run in my house, as if it wasn't bad enough the first time!!
Fingers crossed you're on the mend.

Wow your colleague must've pays for that the next day!! It's very dangerous too so I hope the worst thing she had was a hangover and embarrassment and no other damage. I still remember years ago when I did it and feel like cringing.
To be honest it's probably best to try to balance out a good week when you know you're coming off plan again, rather then have your body working hard to get into ketosis only to come out of it again almost immediately.
Hope you have a good weekend and will be seeing ya back on Monday Xx

Back