Bikini in Oz- I'm coming to get you!

Ahh it's horrendous isn't it!! I'm right down in the south east and I've sent hubby out to the pub but now think he might get blown away into the sea!! :)

Oh the 2 week itch, don't worry we'll sort you out!! ;) Xx

I feel your pain on the 2 week itch....Mine is a week 3, week 4 and so on....don't worry the good folk on here will support you through the barrier....I am on week 4 and i know mine is coming....so we can rant together....lol xx

Yes ladies I will be ranting quite a bit in approximately 2 weeks when the complacency sets in.You know how it is-this diet is so restrictive/one meal off plan won't hurt/I can just cut out carbs/will a slimming club not do me/oh I've lost a good bit over the past 2 weeks,a little naughty piece of chocolate won't hurt....you get me?

My work night out is 28th February...wish I didn't have to go for many reasons but at least Ill have dropped dome weight and feel slightly better in my clothes-4 weeks to go!

I know exactly those bargaining conversations. I'm really having a conversation with myself about eating this weekend. I have a meal of with my OH on 15th but am meeting a friend after her course on Saturday. We've arranged to go to the Freud museum and I've been looking at the menus of all the restaurants in Hampstead for the least damaging chicken salad. So tempted but it is not my plan and it's too soon!!

Yes ladies I will be ranting quite a bit in approximately 2 weeks when the complacency sets in.You know how it is-this diet is so restrictive/one meal off plan won't hurt/I can just cut out carbs/will a slimming club not do me/oh I've lost a good bit over the past 2 weeks,a little naughty piece of chocolate won't hurt....you get me?

My work night out is 28th February...wish I didn't have to go for many reasons but at least Ill have dropped dome weight and feel slightly better in my clothes-4 weeks to go!

Double post there for some reason!!!

Clinquant,I have no doubt you'll stick to your plan,your resolve to just keep going is admirable.

Once again it's peeing rain and the wind is howling so I can't get out but I've done my weights/sit ups ( with my 5 year old sitting on top of me asking why do Mammy's exercise?).

It means an extra long walk tomorrow but I'm fine with that.

good call on doing the weights as an alternative!

I can recommend the Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs for walking at home.....i mean its weird at first but its better than trying to brace the rubbish weather....check them out on Amazon.

Your little one is funny haha!

Also.....some resistance bands! Cheap yet so amazing for all the things you can do with them especially pilates stuff you can do at home as well as toning...OH often nicks mine.....i recently got a Danskin pilates bar which has resistance bands on each end of the bar and he keeps nicking that too! haha xx

when do you go to Oz? I went to Sydney to visit one of my friends....awesome time xx

I've heard if Lesley Sansone on here-is it any good?The resistance bands are a great idea but I have an image of your OH with pink resistance bands and a sweatband on his head???

At the moment I'm using 3.5 kg weights in each arm and then ankle weights to try and trim the chubby thighs....and don't forget the 5 year old weight on my tummy!

The weekend is here ladies and so is TOTM-feel like utter crap but holding it together by the skin of my teeth....

I have dental appointment in the morning ( so much fun with period pain?),kiddies birthday party in the afternoon and a visit from my Mum tomorrow night-this is usually an excuse for a bottle of wine but not this week-I really want an alcohol and food free weekend.

I know the general advise would be to exercise to get rid of some of the TOTM pain but all I feel like doing is curling up with a hot water bottle.Hope hubby is home early so I can take a nap.

I'm trying to ignore the scales this week-I don't want to get too disheartened so staying strong here.

Have a nice weekend ladies x

I've heard if Lesley Sansone on here-is it any good?The resistance bands are a great idea but I have an image of your OH with pink resistance bands and a sweatband on his head???

At the moment I'm using 3.5 kg weights in each arm and then ankle weights to try and trim the chubby thighs....and don't forget the 5 year old weight on my tummy!

I found it a bit strange at first doing this so called walking dvd in my living room....but then i was like ok...this could work....low impact and just keeps you moving....the dvd's are broken up into mile sessions and its always up to you how much you want to do.... and there's always someone doing a milder version and someone else doing more aerobics type stuff but its still not mental.....its made to make you move and feel like you've been for a brisk walk....must dig mine out on these rainy days again....hmmmm...but it sounds to me like you already have a workout anyways....3.5kgs plus ankle weights is brill plus your little one...go you :)

I might go buy OH a pink headband to go with my pink and purple bands now that you mention it....i wish he would use his own stuff like the kettlebells i bought him that are gathering dust lol.

inf act...i could probably open a gym with the amount of stuff i've purchased in a bid to shed the flab.....i even have a large amount of dvds still in their cellophane lol xx

The weekend is here ladies and so is TOTM-feel like utter crap but holding it together by the skin of my teeth....

I have dental appointment in the morning ( so much fun with period pain?),kiddies birthday party in the afternoon and a visit from my Mum tomorrow night-this is usually an excuse for a bottle of wine but not this week-I really want an alcohol and food free weekend.

I know the general advise would be to exercise to get rid of some of the TOTM pain but all I feel like doing is curling up with a hot water bottle.Hope hubby is home early so I can take a nap.

I'm trying to ignore the scales this week-I don't want to get too disheartened so staying strong here.

Have a nice weekend ladies x

TOTM is alive and well this week....if you feel like curling up then go for it! Just pick up again tomorrow when you're rested! Sleep and TOTM go well together :)

I wish i could ignore the scales....but its hard...especially as i have 2 sets....so daily weighing is my current obsession and i doubt it will disappear! xx

Aww hun dose up and hopefully you can squeeze a nap in later.

Good luck avoiding the scales. You're a stronger woman than I will ever be!!

Xx

Hope you finally got to have your nap and chill out some all nice and cosy? xx

What a weekend ladies-by the time hubby came home on Friday night I was rocking back and forth with period pains-truly awful and something I need to get sorted.It seems so ridiculous but I have such a fear of needles that it's preventing me from asking the doc about it-completely irrational I know but that's me.

I had a little blip with a slice of toast ( tried justifying it with the fact that I was practically overdosing on painkillers on Friday but it's not justified).Im over it anyway and back to " normal".

New week tomorrow..yipeeeeee

Oh hun, it is so so horrible isn't it. I know I'm due very soon and I literally dread it. Are there any other things you can consider if you hate needles? Or if you think you can cope with a needle once every 3 months then there's the depo jab? You can explain your fear as they inject your bottom so you don't see it. But you'll 'know' it's there.

On diet news - Monday - new day - I've been baaaaad so am jumping on the SnS fasting train today.
Keep busy and glug water. We can do this xx

Thanks Sammy-yes I need to do something...anything to avoid the pain.Im sure the pharmacist is starting to suspect a codeine addiction at this stage..

Monday Diet news-45 minute/walk run done,15 minutes weights also done.I even attempted a plank-oh my sweet Lord!!!Picture me with ankle weights taped to my wrists to hold me down to do the plank-I lasted 10 seconds-just pants!!

I'll try the jelly in the freezer trick now-I've had my porridge so far with plenty of water and coffee ( its freezing cold here so need the coffee to warm me up).I have to have a good old clear out of packs to see what's there-hoping there's a soup somewhere.

Good luck for the coming week everyone x

Haha I do planks too, I hate when I get to the body shake bit and my face hits the carpet x

Ha ha Jewel that's so funny!! I hate the body shake. I have a timer on my phone and I swear it just takes forever!!!!! But it is really incredible once you do them everyday as to how quickly you build it up. I started with 15secs and my body was shaking like a leaf! Now I can do a full minute easy enough but anything over that and I get all hot and shake and feel every single tendon in my body crying!! But we'll get there!! Before my week off I could do two minutes! So I know it's possible!! :)

Enjoy your jelly later!

I've just had a hot banana shake with a shot of toffee coffee! Yum yum xx

Back