bikini shopping :(

lillie

weighs a lot less
im off to turkey in 12 weeks and decided that i need to start looking for some bikinis before the shops run out , what a bad move , firstly i dont know what size to buy (currently 18) and secondly marks and spencers have terrible mirrors , you know the sort , they show you every angle and i didnt look very good , so now im in a right downer , and to top it all its a year to the day since i lost my dog harvey xx

sorry to hear about your dog :-( i always find the best thing to do is find an online shop and get your bikinis from them, using their own size guides and your measurements. That way you can try them on in the comfort of your own home with those awful glaring mirrors and lights that make you feel 10 sizes bigger than you actually look. And then anyones that you dont want you can just send back. Hope you find one you feel comfortable in x

aw hun sorry to hear about your dog it must be hard for you but he is still around you all the time. try and cheer yourself up now do something nice for yourself :) im sure shops do something to their mirrors as some i look small in and others make me massive lol. why dont you go and buy some bikinis or bather a week before you go thats what im going to do, (im going to turkey too on the 11th june,) and pointless you buying any soon as you will lose hell of a lot of weight by then and then they will be too big for you. take care :) x

Why don't you wait a bit longer before you buy a bikini? I was a size 18/20 and needed a new bikini for my hols in May and I've just bought a bikini on eBay in a size 14. Better to wait n save your money so that you don't end up with one you won't be able to wear. Sorry about your dog x

I felt exactly the same last week trying on swimsuits/ bikinis. I just looked awful in them and it really set me back despite the two stone loss. They are either not supportive or too supportive and just move the fat. I'm in Canada so can't really make any suggestions but I did see a leaflet in a Uk magazine for Evans. They had some nice ones made especially for us larger ladies which should fit on all the nice places and they looked pretty nice :)

See what fits you know, and get the next size down if your really need to get one now? I'm personally waiting a few weeks to get mine, as i went shopping, and although i have lost 2 stone could barely get in the next size down, despite the clothes i'm wearing now being loose. Was really demotivating. Maybe wait a few more weeks if you can? x

I hate that feeling... Maybe you could not get into the next size down, but I bet you look ten times better in your normal size :) x

good on you lillie. how are you today? x

good luck with it...i have never worn a bikini in my life here is hoping!!!

glad you feeling better lillie, and good luck to you and ginagee tuesday you will do brill!

thanks becci hope u have a great week 2, something i have noticed is i am not abled to read much my head is all over the place has any one else that problem x

yea have had it and i was away with fairys, maybe its to do with the light headeness but i'm not to bad now though :)

Back