Bikini/Tankini or Cozzie???

Ali*

Gold Member
What do you wear on hols?

Have you bought something new for this year?

Are we more brave as we lose weight?

I'm happily in size 14s for the first time in 12 years :) but when it comes to swimwear I just haven't got the confidence to buy a bikini! I've been looking for a nice tankini but nothing's taken my eye.

My size 16 cozzies are a bit big and baggy now so I'm going to have to decide soon ... I go on my jollies in 7 weeks! :D

Just knickers....!!!! if its 'acceptable' - usually go to the adults only places....

I am a bikini girl rest of the time,

This was the case when i was a size 22/24 as well - who gives a monkeys what people think on hols - not me!!!!!!

Plus - its usually HOT HOT HOT - so why be uncomfortable. I am always suncreamed up - no lines for me (only under my boobies!!!) and cooling spray at the ready!!!

I love holidays! x

I haven't work a bikini for about 4 years (when I was a size 12 briefly) Would love to be able to get enough confidence back to buy another one. atm when I go on holiday its a cozzie

Bikini for me all the way, my thoughts were always 'a brown podgy tummy/hips/legs looks better than a white tummy/hips/legs'

As EB said, no one knows you, so who cares!

Although I can never wear cheap bikini's....I've tried and they just don't fit and flatter a curvier lady. And if you've got massive bazookas, it's worth spending a bit of money for a better fit. I've heard Bravissimo do great bikini's (and shirts for anyone who has that gaping issue)

Kirst x

Bikini for me all the way, my thoughts were always 'a brown podgy tummy/hips/legs looks better than a white tummy/hips/legs'

As EB said, no one knows you, so who cares!

Although I can never wear cheap bikini's....I've tried and they just don't fit and flatter a curvier lady. And if you've got massive bazookas, it's worth spending a bit of money for a better fit. I've heard Bravissimo do great bikini's (and shirts for anyone who has that gaping issue)

Kirst x

Thanks Kirst x I've trawled the web today looking for a nice 'something' ... I think it's the hardest thing to buy! I'll deffo take a look at Bravissimo x

I have gone from a size 22 to 16, so I have also gone from a tankini to a bikini.

I go to France, no one knows me and quite honestly as the French don't care, they were getting changed on the beach with all their bits out, so are they really going to look at chubby old me I don't think so.

I wear a bikini even though i'm a size 18-20. My tummy is my problem area, I think it looks huge whatever I wear tbh, but somehow I always think I look fatter in a cossie....

I wear a black bravissimo bikini (with boobs this big i need underwired support!) but i wear a black tankini top over it to hide my tum - just got a cheap black one from Asda(without support as dont need it with bravissimo one underneath). I also wear the little short type bottoms rather than thin ones as feel more comfortable in those.

Hxx

costume, at the very least lol

i dont like showing off my tummy :( or anything for that matter lol

Bikini on hols abroad (and I'm a size 16 or maybe 18 when I've not been 100% on plan :D) but like Ellebear, only wear the bottoms whilst sunbathing. For hotel pools or for beach over here I have a snazzy tankini which I love, and which as someone else says (really sorry can't remember who) can also be used as a top :)

Just remember whatever you wear, wherever you go, there will *always* be someone who looks worse than you :D That's the philosophy I use anyway LOL (Mind you I have to admit I try to stay away from the places full of young gorgeous size 10/12s! :D)

We rarely go on holiday but living in a hot climate and swimming ever day lots of times a day, shhhhhhhh I wear, nothing. Yes I whispered that. It is a horrible sight. Gravity is non existant, age has taken it's toll and the curves are in the wrong place these days. BUT it is the only way to swim, so liberating.

Of course I would not recommend this by the hotel pool ! Not a lot of sun in a prison cell.

If we have friends round I wear a costume. Pity they don't still do the Victorian style ones.

SwimmingSuitHistory_1_big.gif

lol naked swimming - must sneakily try it sometime! I wear a bikini cos there are always bigger people. Plus - who cares if some saddo wants to be critical - get a life and leave me to mine!!!!

Bravissimo is great, definitely check it out, I'm a costume wearer at the moment but I got the most beautiful tanking there a couple of years ago and hope to fit into it again soon!

I have just never ever felt comfortable in a bikini; wore one once on a beach in Cuba and even though it was half-deserted and there was absolutely no chance of running into anyone I knew I still felt really self-conscious and I was only a size 14 at the time!

Just think they're not for me and it's personal preference really, and I have always, always seen bigger girls/women wearing more revealing outfits looking great so confidence and getting a style that suits you play their part too. : )

Zackly...I've been bikini shopping with my size 8-10 friends and when they've tried on styles that don't fit them properly or they don't feel comfortable in, they don't look half as good as in styles that are better for them.

If you feel comfortable in what you're wearing, you'll walk with your back straight and your head held high which is instantly slimming

xxx

I had a look at the Bravissimo website and there is one I like ... which is a miracle after trawling every website possible all afternoon! BUT it is £26 just for the top! I think it was £14 for the bottoms and another £24(ish) for the tankini version which I thought I could mix and match with.

Will it really be worth the expense?

My other thought is I don't like strap marks ... my cozzies are boob tube style with no straps which are really handy when you're pottering around the pool and having to get up to deal with kids.

Think I might have to search for a size 14 cozzie after all :rolleyes:

Back