binge eating/bulimia

I recognise this behaviour oh too well.

Bingeing is my worst nightmare - I thought I had gotten over it, but shrotly after I got married it returned.

I have an appointment scheduled with a mental health clinic next week. I am sceptical... Do you think they will be able to help?

Hi Hayley

Bloomin heck, you are me! I'm exactly the same. I started with bulimi at the age of 17 when I went on my first ever diet. Now, 12 years later I still struggle, although its not as bad as it was.

I found mine was worse after doing VLCD. Yes, VLCD diets get the weight off quick, but then you just go into over eating mode and pile it on, plus more. Try and avoid these quick fixes or you'll get stuck in the cycle.

How often are you binging/purging?

I try to eat sensibly and eat low fat tastey foods. If I need chocolate or comething I go for a lower fat option. I feel guilty afterwards but I tell myself one bit is better than a full on binge. Its really hard work but you have to try and fight it.

I think its inevitable I was going to end up fat as I was a bulemic. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I always think if I had a normal association with food growing up I would be a fine weight now.

Its a shame your mam can't help. Maybe she is in denial about and and not wanting to see you hurting. Do research togeather with her. Really let her know how much this is effecting you. You cant do it on your own. Its too hard.

We are always here and if you ever want to talk you can drop me an email to at [email protected] I totally know how you are feelingm but luckily for me I have a lot more control over the situation now.

Huhe hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

i've had a problem with bingeing and purging since i was 12, now 10 years later i still have problems. i have thought about going to OA meetings but i am too scared.

It seems to be all or nothing, if you cant fast and you slip up and have something, its the biggest disapointment in the world and you might as well binge cos you've already ruined things. But now, my hair keeps falling out, my teeth are sensitive and my skin looks so manky [to my eyes anyway] i need to stop the b/ping. thats why i want to try lose weight the proper way.

yet i still find myself determined to go the whole day without eating.

:(

I often wonder, if wanting to get through a day without eating is normal or not, I too, also feel its a challenge, and the lower calories the better!!

I always thought ED affected only the thin, but its clearer and clearer it can affect everyone.

Good luck with trying to lose the weight the sensible way

x

took me a while to reply sorry i kinda lost myself a bit back then! well things are no better really still making myself sick, was so good for few weeks and started getting into excercise but its all gone back to 'normal' now and yet again i find myself want to do cambridge again im sorry i know vlcd's work for people it did for me but its screwed me up so much i never made myself sick before i did this diet and although im grateful for losing that weight im not sure it was worth this pain now! i did tell my mum and it was a waste of time, she was nice about it, said she understood why i did it or why someone would but she said she didnt know how to help me and thats it, she hasnt mentioned it since. ive tried to bring it up once or twice but she has nothing to say so there is no point. ive been in counselling she did cbt and it didnt work i honestly cant see any hope for me, i know its negative but after years u start to give up faith! i even found myself on an anorexic site the other day looking at tips for not eating, thats worried me a bit, told my mum and she said oh thats not good. maybe i should just accept il always be fat and unhappy!

oh hun, sounds like your really battling with this at the minute, Maybe your mum just really doesnt know how to react to this? Dont let yourself think its for any other reason that she may seem blinded by it, counselling doesnt work for everyone, but its got to be worth a shot hey!!

My OH has often caught me watching programmes on weight loss or anorexics and looking on pro anorexic sites and reading info and trying some pretty drastic things, whether it was not eating, trying what I understood as a 'negative calorie' diet, xenical, slimfast, hoodia, high fibre, low cal, VLCD and he thinks its like a dangerous field to sit in, and doesnt understand why I do it, I dont know why I do either!! Im now on a VLCD as I hope it will help me to understand and control food!!! but bingeing does seem to play a part in VLCD's, a bad moment turns into something far worse!!

Keep us updated with how your doing, worried for you xxxx

Back