Bio oil or other oil to prevent saggy skin?

Asa

Silver Member
Hi, posted a thread a few weeks ago on how to avoid saggy skin. I got some advice on bio oils, and a advice to buy from ebay (be he didn't deliver internationally).

So, I looked at some other companies that ship internationally. Here I will have to pay about £22 for 200 ml. Bio-Oil - ExpressChemist.co.uk - Buy Online

My question is, is the bio oil that good? So it is worth it's price :)? Or is there other oils out there that anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

Thats a shame you cant get it online. £22 is the price in boots but I managed to get it half price on ebay, haven't tried it yet but I've been using a dry body brush before my shower and I think thats helping to keep my skin smooth and as toned as possible. Guess with a diet like this there is a risk of saggy skin but simple toning exercises should help.

hmm bio oil isnt that expensive least not what i saw today but today i bought palmers skin firming cream which is specific for weightloss and pregancy, and palmers scar serum from stretch marks, alot of doctors recommend palmers ( its that coco butter stuff im sure you have seen it)

I haven't heard of palmers skin firming cream, but it looks good when reading about it online. Not available here either, but it might work with body shops cocoa butter? Probably not the same stuff.. I will look into buying some products online.

I also read that Clarins has a oil especially for weight loss and stretch marks, but that was more expensive too. Thanks for you tips on this!

Hi Asa they say that expensive creams are just a con but I have to say that I'm a big fan of Clarins. Their stuff makes my skin much nicer. I'd give that a go.

Broxi, have you tried this oil:
Clarins Body Oil Tonic

Or do you use their lotion?

Asa, I only use Clarins face creams but as far as I'm concerned they ae the best. If I run out and I buy a cheaper version they seem to sit on top of my skin. Even when I get other expensive ones they're not so good for my skin. With Clairins, I glow. So I don't usually use expensive body products- just body butter from Body Shop or Soap & Glory but might buy a Clarins myself incase of loose skin.

I am so glad you found something for your face that makes it glow! I have been trying different brands hoping that I find something that is great for my skin, I tried clarins too, but I don't feel the difference of anything.

I tried the palmers but the smell makes me feel sick-it's so sickly!

Thanks, Natzmc!

Ok Polishrose, I usually buy most products without perfume, so maybe I won't mind the smell so much!

hmm bio oil isnt that expensive least not what i saw today but today i bought palmers skin firming cream which is specific for weightloss and pregancy, and palmers scar serum from stretch marks, alot of doctors recommend palmers ( its that coco butter stuff im sure you have seen it)

That stuff is fabulous ive been through two bottles of the stuff already.

Bodyshop do a lovely firming oil very much like bio oil and its about £8

I have just bought the palmers firming cream from Boots for £4.84 will try it tonight. Zoe xx

How much are Dr Sebagh creams?

I use skincare all of it from Dr Sebagh. The bodycream is 120£
so is the moisturiser and..other stuff like vitamin C powder etc, all are the best. I am a big fan of him. I been using it since almost two years and I get compliments for my skin very often..
totally love it...yes pricy but lasts long...

OOh that looks nice-where do you buy it?

They sell it in Superdrug and its been half price (normally its £4.99 ish) for the last couple of weeks, but I don't know when the offer ends and they sell it in Morrisons, not sure where else sells it being fairly recent to the English market Jergens has been about in the US for years :) its not greasy, absorbs quickly and has a mild scent, I use the firming with pomegranet but they all smell lovely :)

For my face I use Dermalogica, not overly cheap but a little goes a long way and I have really awful combination skin so have to be careful what I use

Wow Dr Whassisname is way too expensive for me! I love nice creams and make up but just too much. They say that Bio Oil is realy good for your face. Anyone know about that?

Back