Bio oil or other oil to prevent saggy skin?

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago and got a lot of replies. Since then I've been using Palmers body firming butter and love it. The only problem is that I'm getting through a bottle quite quickly and because it's so thick it doesn't pump out very good when it gets near the bottom and there is often a lot left. I usually take a strong pair of scissors to the bottle and cut it open. Wish it would come in a tub!

aah! scissors! haha - I've been leaving it upside down on a saucer (not a very effective method! Haha!)

still.. the Palmers is working a treat, so I don't mind... I'm probably using far more than recommended though! I'm loving it! effectively giving myself a massage in all the 'problem areas' before bed each night.. Ive never given my body so much caring attention.. it's lovely! (and I wouldn't want my OH to do it.. "no, no, love, not the fun areas.. just the saggy skin under my arms and tummy" HAHA How romantic!! HAHA!! Can't see him liking that!!)

Anyone compared Palmers to other products.. what Is the Jergens like?

Vx

will let you know, ive just bought both, cos I love palmers well not the smell but it really works, but also Jergens was only £2.99 and it smells lovely, will try it tonight and let you know.

Ohhh yes - please let us know!!

I always cut open tubes when finishing the products I use for my face! I beautician once told me you can get another good weeks worth from the bits left over in the tube - and she is quite right!

Just wanted to tell you I got beautiful cream and cheap too- Vaseline's new range - Cocoa Butter Vitalising gel Body Oil. It really is beautiful and makes your skin feel like silk. As good as expensive ones by far.

Hi everyone, I have been searching the net on and off for a few days. Now I finally want to put my order. I want the bio oil, and the palmers skin firming cream. The palmers part I am more than confused about :D.

I got together the kit from this online shop (couldn't use amazon since the bio oil couldn't be delivered to Sweden). What I am confused about is if this product (called firming lotion instead of skin firming cream that I have read in this thread). Is there really any difference of them:
Palmers Coco Butter Firming Lotion, £3.65, Body Moisturisers - Bodycare, Chemist.net

I was also trying to get something for my stretch marks, and thought this one looked good:
Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

But of course it isn't available from the first store :). So maybe there is another palmers product that is good for stretch marks. Anyone tried this?:
Palmers Coco Butter Stretch Marks Cream, £3.92, Body Moisturisers - Bodycare, Chemist.net

Sorry for posting over and over again on this topic, but I will get the order right since shipping will be a few extra pounds to get to my house :D.

Hi Asa!

I use the first and third ones.. not the tummy butter.. haven't come accross that...

I've been buying both cause I came accross the stretch marks one first, and love it... used it everywhere, but didnt like the name! Haha! The firming one looks betting on my shelf in my bedroom! Haha! - nothing like having a cream for stretch marks by the bed for killing the mood :D

I think the firming one's probably got a few extra ingredients, but to be honest, I'm getting through so much (not cause it wouldn't last for someone else, but because I'm using far too much! heehee) .. that I'm quite happy to buy which ever one they have in the shop.. they're very similar anyway :)

if you check out the tummy one, let me know what it's like!

Thank you! :D

Vx

am off to buy me some palmers then - I have been using St Ives firming - I am addicted to creams...

I've just read this thread again. I love it! I'm going to get Palmers too. But I honestly recommend that you all try the new Vaseline cocoa butter range. They have oil, lotion and body butter. I put the lotion on today and my skin is probably the softest it has ever been. Honestly it really is amazing, you'll love it and it's dead cheap and I usually buy dear stuff, but promise me you'll give it a go, you'll be amazed I'm sure.

we could do one of those things they do in magazines, couldn't we? have a list of about five different lotions, and then mark them out of ten for different criteria...

what matters?

Palmers 'stretch mark' lotion: (out of 10)
-feeling 8
-smell 6 (love it or hate it - I love it.. OH hates it!)
-absorbancy 8
-effectiveness 8
-bottle 3 (can't get the last bit out, and says 'stretch marks' accross the front!)
-cost 8
-availability 8

:D

can I hear more about other ones, cause I don't know much about them :)

I adore the palmers smell and so does BF. TBH that's what motivates me to use it because otherwise I'd probably be too lazy!

Was using bio oil, but not sure how effective it is. Feel firmer with Palmers and it soaks in quickly.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Broxi, the Vaseline you talked about, it's not for firming skin and stretch marks is it? I can't find information about it. I sure sounds like a lovely cream anyway!

No it's not for firming skin or stretch marks Asa but I don't know if we should just be trying to keep our skin supple and elastic as that is what ages it and causes it to sag. I don't know though.

Hi!

Just to say I just got some Palmers Cocoa Butter "Body Gloss" !
It's great as it leaves a lovely shimmer on your skin!

I am getting in to the habit of using normal Cocoa Butter at night all over my wobbly bits and will now use this one after a shower when I am going out!

After reading all your threads, I have also ordered a small bottle of bio-oil!

It may not stop me sagging but I will be slippy and glowing!!

x

Please help. I'm unsure now of what creams to use. I thought you should just moisturise and hydrate skin so that it remains supple and elastic but do you think I should be using firming cream instead?

BTW when I read my Bio Oil leaflet it just says it improves appearance of stretch marks caused by weight gain. The stretch marks will be there already!

My tummy is huge but it's getting very very soft and wobbly just now so I am worried about having a big flap! Yuch!

Roxi the palmers firming cream works really well, it hydrates and firms and tones, helps your stretchmarks too and basically does everything plus its really cheap and you can get it from supermarket too.

Broxi, I am also unsure about this! I never use lotion on my body these days (or for the past few years), just a good body oil maybe once a week to keep the skin from becoming dry.

But I wanted to look into the firming stuff now since I will have some saggy skin when I loose more weight.

I hear you broxi, my tum is not so hard but it's starting to look a bit like a deflated baloon.:jelous:

i hope to get a tummy tuck on the NHS when i'm skinny if i need it, if the creams work well i might save myself a lot of pain.:cry:

i don't need to look fab but nornal is always good.xx:wave_cry:

Back