Birthday and cd?

Pingu6

Gold Member
Hiya, it's my 30th today, unfortunately, still in shock! Anyway on second week of ss don't wanna give up, bday lunch and dinner, not sure how to deal with it, haven't told my family apart from one close friend and hubby I'm on cd! Eeeek! I can't face trying to get into K again?
Any excuses?

not feeling well, feel sick? on antibiotics so no drinking etc. going to have a quiet one. or you could just eat protein - meat or alternative. like an aktins approach would keep you in ketosis.

or how about inviting them all to yours this weekend for a buffet which you can prepare and then you choose what you put out and what you eat, being the hostess you might be too busy to eat ;)

HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!

Well as there are lots of bugs around at the moment could you say u have a sickness and dioreah (sp) bug?

Happy Birthday - hope you a have fab one. Stick to white meat and green vegetables as you would on the 810 plan you should stay in ketosis then or get back into it v.fast once you go SS again- why don't you say you have a upset tummy so not drinking and only eating light foods then people won't realise. Good luck ;-)

Thanks greatthings, Kelly and Setas, I used the tummy bug excuse for lunch, it was so manic with the kids running around screaming (yay!) noone noticed me chucking away pizza and pretending I'm stuffed. So continuing with that tummy bug excuse till dinner.
Sigh. I do fancy some cake but it'd be stupid to mess up and face another 3 days of pre-K hell. I just want to get to goal now :)

Happy Birthday x

And well done for staying 100% Xxx

Happy birthday love, and well done for not caving in. I have the same to face in a couple of weeks sigh x

Thank you girlies :) got through it. You'll be fine furrysmudge. Have an extra shake if you need it and arm yourself with lots of excuses :)

Well done Crystal - thats great and will keep you more determined for all the other little hurdles!

Happy birthday and well done, great determination xxx

wilma, thats a fab way of thinking!!! x

well done hun. Great wilpower xx

Well gotta say I'm a bit worried cos I was meant to have had a party for a milestone birthday last year and certain things happened which meant it didn't. My birthday is next Thursday and other half is being quite secretive with his fone, and youngest sort of gave somehting away to make me think he is getting a lot of people together and booking a table at a nice restaurant sigh. Obviously I'm not meant to know what's happening and he doesn't do things like that as a rule so don't want to upset him. Mentioned it to my CDC and she said if I really can't do anything about it then to have ONE day off and be 100% the rest of the week and resign myself to maybe a quite not so good weightloss. Havn't got the same willpower as you CrystalG I'm afraid. (sorry to pinch your thread!) x

Happy Birthday and well done for staying strong xxx

Well gotta say I'm a bit worried cos I was meant to have had a party for a milestone birthday last year and certain things happened which meant it didn't. My birthday is next Thursday and other half is being quite secretive with his fone, and youngest sort of gave somehting away to make me think he is getting a lot of people together and booking a table at a nice restaurant sigh. Obviously I'm not meant to know what's happening and he doesn't do things like that as a rule so don't want to upset him. Mentioned it to my CDC and she said if I really can't do anything about it then to have ONE day off and be 100% the rest of the week and resign myself to maybe a quite not so good weightloss. Havn't got the same willpower as you CrystalG I'm afraid. (sorry to pinch your thread!) x

my cdc has always said to me there will be occasions where these things happen as long as it is planned then itll be fine. If it does involve food just have a planned day off. Look at the menu and pick the healthier options (chicken, fish) ask for the sauce to be seperate and drink water whilst you are eating as it fills you up more. If you do have an alcoholic drink stick to gin or vodka with slim line tonic. I had the same issue once and i did this and had no gain at all xx

Have the meal and enjoy it! The food choices you make at the time will be similar to maintaining when you have lost all your weight, so it's good practice! lol

You can be 100% before the meal and after. (don't take a full day off)

Life had still to happen but as long as you are focussed on what you are aiming for something like this won't deter you.

Enjoy your birthday X

Back