Bit annoyed !

time4action

For some reason I thought Couscous was free on a green day. I picked up a snack pot of couscous for lunch today, with it being only 150 cals and 1.7 g of fat /100g I thought this would be ok.

On checking with SW online I find that its 4.5 syns per pot. Thats as much as a 2 fingered kitkat or a bag of skips or something.

Oh I'm not a happy bunny as I've made it now and had a few forkfulls and Im going to have to put it in the bin now.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

If you make your own couscous it is free on green, did this have oil in it or something?

x

Yes it is but other makes may not be. It depends on what they have put with it or how it has been prepared

I feel so sorry for you, :patback:it is so annoying when that happens, we all make these little mistakes though unfortunately:(

According to the SW magasine the Ainsley Harriott spice sensation and tomato tango cous cous is free on green.

The citrus kick, roasted vegetable and wicked wild mushroom are 1/2 a syn per 100g on green. Moroccan meadley is 1 syn per 100g on green.

The magasine does not give the values for red days.

I love cous cous but it really bloats me out :sigh: - I tried quinoa the other day with roasted veg and it was a nice alternative.

Quinoa - thats what that girl on Breaking Into Tesco was launching wasnt it. Does it taste similar to couscous? x

Hello all, i mentioned in a last post about "certain free" foods not being free, Its a right bummer.
I wish i knew what to say- i wouldnt be very happy but hey look at it this way you know now lol!
Imagine if you didnt check and you ate some more! eeeak!

Ruthy xxx

Back