Bit disheartened

slimmerwithin

I girls I am a bit disheartened today. I have been 100% sns since Monday apart from 1/2 a bar extra last night. I am definitely in keypads cos the stick is changing to v dark pink. I am drinking loads of water, tea, fluids etc. however have only lost 3 lb in 5 days. Gutted I would have lost more than this on slimming world my first week. Help!

That is really funny ketosis not keypads. Bloody predictive text lol

lol I was about to comment on that :p

I only lost 3Ibs in my first week and was like you very disheartened, but you must stick with it and remember that unlike slimming world and WW this weight loss will be far more consistent. I find I do not cheat on this at all for fear of putting me out of ketosis whereas when I was doing WW I had a little bit of this and that as there was no fear factor involved. I have never lost more than 3Ibs on this but some people are different like that :)

you never know though you could lose more in the next 2 days and have a better first weeks result!

Hi pen I am afraid that is not really what I wanted to hear. I totally admire you for sticking to this very extreme regime week after week with a max weight loss of 3 lb per week. I keep trying to tell myself that a loss is a loss but the main reason for doing this in the first place is that it was a v quick loss. Also I have bought two months worth as I am in France for the summer so I will have to stick with it but it will grate a bit whilst everyone else is eating their French baguettes, Camembert and tarte au chocolate especially if my losses are going to be so slow. Ok rant over. Let's hope by Monday I get a better loss although it isn't going to be the10lb or so I was expecting

Its probably your body just rebelling, I reckon by your first weigh in you will be pleasantly surprised, just hang on in there x x

On a VLCD diet most people will lose around 14lb a month. In the first week most lose quite a lot, but it's just water weight (well most of it anyways) but not everyone will have such a great first weeks loss, we're all so different. I personally didn't lose a big amount in my first week either, I lost 4lb. But when I did exante last year (another VLCD) I lost nearly 8lb in my first week. I just restarted Slim and Save and have managed to lose 8.5lb in my first 5 days! that's over double what I lost in my first 7 days on Slim and Save when I started in March... so things can really vary so much.

Did you reduce your carb intake prior to starting? that can make the first weeks loss lower.

I totally understand where you are coming from, trust me I really do! But I'm always able to offer others advice but can never take any of my own lol. I suggest not to get too hung up on the first weeks loss, because over the next 3 weeks and 2 days you will probably make the 14lb lost. I know that the boost on the scales in the first week (even if it is just water weight) makes us feel a lot better, but 14lb a month is what is suggested on this type of diet and you will have lost at least 1/4 of that by your first weeks weigh in.

Even though it's is disheartening, try to keep on going, for at least 4 weeks to see what your losses are

It is worth keeping a t it, I have slowed down now but maybe not as strict with my protein and veg intake. Keep at it, it is honestly worth it

Keep at it hun, its only week 1. I've been a slower looser but then I have wooshes. A lot if my stalls have been hormonal

Stick with it and you will see results Xx

Still only a 3lb loss grrr

Morning slimmerwithin,

I understand why you feel frustrated- everyone expects a big loss in week 1. However this is not always the case and the average amount on a VLCD is 14 lbs over the month so even if you 'only' lose 3 this week you'll prob find it evens out :)

Maybe you shouldn't weigh daily if it makes you feel disheartened?

Have you been going to the toilet? I've found that this can be the difference of a few lbs( sorry far, far too much info lol)

I know it's easy to say but try to keep positive and make sure you're drinking plenty of water :)

You said that the ketosis stick was very dark. If so you need to drinl more water as you are dehydrated. The more water you drink the more weight you lose - but drink it slowly through the day as rinking lots of water in a short time is dangerous. You need to drink far more than when eating conventional food too as conventional food contains a lot more water than the packs do.

Ignore ketostix, they are not reliable and are more a measure for dehydration.

Well official weigh in this morning and only 4lb loss and eh other lb is prob the fact that I actually went to the loo yesterday. Grrrr

4lb loss really isnt too bad you know !!!! everyone losses differently and the first week is all about water , some people just dont retain water as much as others ..... ny average loss for week 1 is always 12lb .. BUT this also means as soon as reintroduce carbs into my diet I gain an instant 7-10 lb , so a big loss is not always a good thing !!!!! There is no other diet that will give you better results than a VLCD ( excpet the amputation diet ....) and if you stick with it I promise you will see great results ... I have had times when I have stayed the same for up to a week , then whoosh lost 4lb overnight ...... try and be patient and keep going , but if you are that unhappy then do something else ... the key to success on a VLCD is positive thinking and you seem to be very negative :(

Positivity here I come. I have decided that I will keep on trucking for at least a ,onto and see how I go. If I get the stone or there about in a month then I could never do that on another diet. Just was hoping for a big additional boost, but c'est la vie. Also not going to weigh myself until I go on holiday in 3.5 weeks time and just get on with it.

I lost 11lb in my first week and only 1lb in the 2nd I stuck to it and lost another 6pb in week 3!!! I couldn't believe it! I wasn't THAT heavy to start with so everyone's different and you won't gain it all back of u stop after a month, I ate pizza Chinese etc n gained 6lb which isn't bad at all 4 days into the diet I'm back to 2lb off my lowest weight I've probz lost 6lb this week I was too scared to weight myself on day 1 lol it's an awesome diet and strict just stick to it n you'll see :)

slimmerwithin said:
Well official weigh in this morning and only 4lb loss and eh other lb is prob the fact that I actually went to the loo yesterday. Grrrr

My aim is for 4lb a week so that is fab. I was a bit disheartened with my 6.5 loss for week 1 but a loss is a loss. :)

Keep going, you are doing fab. Xxx

Back