Bit Lost and Fed Up!

Mrs_H

I've been on the forums before whilst doing SW but I have been really down in recent months and got to a really low point and not sure where to go from here!

I have gained over a stone since last August (scared to weigh myself atm) and before that my weight has been up and down like a yoyo in the last ten years.

My BMI is now 30 and I'm really upset I have done this to myself. It sounds so rediculous because I should be able to fix it too but I just can't. I feel so useless and defeated that I can't seem to drag myself up to do excersise and I seem to just take refuge in food and hiding away. I feel like I'm on my way to getting worse and worse and bigger and bigger.
I have no idea what to do next. When I look at all these diets and plans it's just jumbled up in my head and it just makes me think how useless I am!

Not sure why I'm rambling! Hoping maybe someone will say they have felt the same at some and come out the other side.

Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to excersise or that all I deserve to do is eat too much and not even enjoy it anymore.

Not sure whether, at a BMI of 30 I need to do something drastic via my GP?? Like a meal replacement thing?

Feeling a bit lost :confused:
Think I just needed to get that out!

Hello Mrs H, I read your post and thought that was me not so long ago, I have yo-yo dieted for most of my adult life and then just before 40 decided had to do something about it I think we all seem to get into that frame of mind when we are big and find it hard to break out of it, I am really lucky I have found a new man in my life and he has made me understand a lot about why I overeat, now I understand it helps a little still struggle with it but I am determined to feel how good I did at size 12 again and this time stay there, good luck :D

Hi there...I've yoyo dieted all my life. Keep losing a few lbs then put them back on. But I'm not going to quit trying!
Woke up last Saturday and thought 'this is the day' and got out my old SW books and just got back on it. I've stuck to it all week. I know it's early days for me but I feel pretty determined this time. Have said that before though :/
One day we will be thin!

:welcome2:

We are here to support you x

Thank you so much for all your replies! I didn't realise it had been 3 weeks since I posted!

Still flailing about a bit. Eating really badly most of the time! (not my meals, just the in between times!)

I've just made a great bit salad and trying to think of it as 'looking after myself' rather than dieting. I suffer on and off with depression and I think it affects whether I can 'cope' with sticking to the rules of a diet iyswim!

Back