Green Days Bit of help...

eddiesmum2002

Hey guys,

When I've previously done SW starting in May - I found I had 7 weeks of maintaining and put it down to me not being 'honest' on food diaries and abusing free food.
Could you guys take a look at my food planned for today and let me know if you think I'm eating too much?
I'm a stay at home mum and am up from around 5.30-6am with my 6 month old - money is tight & have moved to a new area where by I dont have many friends or family around so me and Eddie are inside a lot finding things to do!

Thanks in advance

Breakfast:
2 x choc w/bix (HEB1+2 syns & Partial HEA1)

Lunch:
2 x egg omelette containing 10g of reduced fat cheddar (HEA2), 2 x sliced & chopped mushrooms, 1/4 tin of chopped tinned tomatoes.
1 x meringue nest (2.5syns), 1 x mini-muller vanilla flavoured, 1 x banana sliced

Dinner:
Quorn mince (175g)
Weight Watchers Chilli-Con-Carne sauce (3 syns per half jar)
1/2 pack of Mexican savoury rice
2 small potatoes worth of SW chips

Dessert:
1 x clementine, 1 x banana, natural yoghurt & 1 x options hazelnut (1.5 syns) mixed in

Snacks:
Tea, coffee (using HEA1)
Muller light mini x 1 (Not sure i'll need this or the fruit below yet, but incase)
Mixed frozen berries
2 x Alpen Light bars throughout day/evening (HEB2)

Syns for day: 9 syns projected use..maximum 10.5 with an extra hot chocolate :)

Would really appreciate some feedback. xx

That looks really good to me, way better than any of my food diaries!
You're getting your HEX's and making sure you include Superfree, which is really good!

You listed 10g of Reduced Fat Cheddar for your HEXA - aren't you allowed 42g? Or did you just not want that much... xxxx

Hi Eddies mum, your food diary looks good. Congrats on the baby. Why don't you have a look on the internet for some mother and baby groups near to where you live. The one I go to only charges 50p a session, which goes towards arts and crafts and snack time for the little ones and a cuppa for the mums/dads. It'll get you both out of the house and set you up meeting some new friends - I find I eat loads more when I'm in the house all day. Good luck with your SW journey. x

Hey ruby thanks for the feedback :) always panic on sw im eating too much but you think that looks okay for a green day?
And yes i'll have the other 32g grated on my chips and chilli hehe :) xxx

Hey ruby thanks for the feedback :) always panic on sw im eating too much but you think that looks okay for a green day?
And yes i'll have the other 32g grated on my chips and chilli hehe :) xxx

I'm like that - it seems so unreal that we can eat so much AND lose weight!

OOH, sounds yummy! Definitely think it looks good for a Green Day! xxx

hi there, your food diary sounds delish!
j
ust wondering if anyone could help me understand the green days? i have looked at the sticky about the plan but i still dont understand. Ive posted in other places but never had replies.

I usually follow extra easy, is it a green day when you dont eat any meat? so you should have another hexb?

any help is fantastic guys.

Thanks browsie, my little one is 6 months and I know sounds silly but I feel really awkward taking him when he can barely crawl and is wobbly sitting up :s always think they seem a bit cliche!! But I do want to go!
I'm starting a from-home course soon in childcare so hopefully this will fill my evenings :) xxxx

Hey kmcxx

Yes! Basically, all the superfree (so all fruit and veg) are free to eat freely along with pasta & pulses so...

Jacket potatoes, Pasta, Beans, Spaghetti, Mushy Peas, cous cous, etc etc. All listed in your book on the 'green' pages :) they are all free to you on a green day.

Also on green, you get 2 lots of HEA and two lots of HEB you dont have to have both, but its a nice little filler if you're wanting more bread/cereal/ want a bit of meat with lunch :)

So for example on green you could have

1 x jacket potato, mushy peas and a piece of haddock (weighed to the correct size) as a HEB :) hope this helps? xxxx

hi there, your food diary sounds delish!
j
ust wondering if anyone could help me understand the green days? i have looked at the sticky about the plan but i still dont understand. Ive posted in other places but never had replies.

I usually follow extra easy, is it a green day when you dont eat any meat? so you should have another hexb?

any help is fantastic guys.

I can try and help you out!
Maybe if you started your own topic?
Basically, Green Day's, the majority of your food should be potatoes, pulses, starchy vegetables, rice, pasta, grains...

You have two HEX B's a day, and 1 or 2 HEX A's (depending on what you feel you need) - However, if you fancied a little bit of meat with your pasta etc on a Green Day, you could use it as a HEX B.

Do you have the books? xxxx

Are the chocolate weetabix a B choice? I haven't seen these so just wondered.
Otherwise, food looks good and varied - have you thought about doing your chilli with tinned tomatoes and chilli powder or fresh chilli? Save yourself some syns!

Hey kmcxx

Yes! Basically, all the superfree (so all fruit and veg) are free to eat freely along with pasta & pulses so...

Jacket potatoes, Pasta, Beans, Spaghetti, Mushy Peas, cous cous, etc etc. All listed in your book on the 'green' pages :) they are all free to you on a green day.

Also on green, you get 2 lots of HEA and two lots of HEB you dont have to have both, but its a nice little filler if you're wanting more bread/cereal/ want a bit of meat with lunch :)

So for example on green you could have

1 x jacket potato, mushy peas and a piece of haddock (weighed to the correct size) as a HEB :) hope this helps? xxxx

You beat me to it! And said it better! :D xxx

thanks eddies mum! really helps, i was reading it so many times and just couldnt get my head round it:eek:, but thanks alot :) xx

Eddiesmum, I really didn't think that mother and baby clubs would be my 'thing'. But I went along because I thought it would be good for my son to play with other children and learn about sharing etc. I really enjoyed it and now I'm expecting again will definately take this one along as well. There's usually a few on your local area so if you go to one you don't like then you can try another one, or just go to them all! Good luck with the course. xx

Just 2 things to check:

1) the mini muller after your lunch - is that a muller light?

2) the natural yoghurt after dinner, is that fat free?

Are the chocolate weetabix a B choice? I haven't seen these so just wondered.
Otherwise, food looks good and varied - have you thought about doing your chilli with tinned tomatoes and chilli powder or fresh chilli? Save yourself some syns!

2 chocolate weetabix are HEXB + 2 syns or 8 syns if not counted as your HEXB :)

They are yummy, I have one plain weetabix and one chocolate one together; tastes delish and saves me 1 syn :p

Eddiesmum, your food diary looks great :)

Back